It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

What exactly did she lie about?

Did Obama's automobile not have a rusted hole in it?
Stop being vague with baselss accusations. Explain with facts what she lied about.
Simple enough

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

This entire thread is an attack

See you lie so much, you can't keep track of the truth.

This thread is an attack on the FLOTUS

Yet you are saying you are being attacked.

What a victim you are

No victim, I. Please, continue your attack on me and ignore the lies FLOTUS told. You're only proving MY point by continuing to ignore the topic and focus on me.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by beezzer

Stop being vague with baselss accusations. Explain with facts what she lied about.
Simple enough

Prediction

He is going to post a list of distortions, that he did not write, written by a party shill.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Well, you know they can't stomach a black woman earning her way to the top, daring not to know "her place." I mean, we've all seen the make up of the RNC population sitting there in those chairs in Tampa. An image of America it was not and it is not just some coincidence the crowd was 99% white. By looking at the crowd, it literally could just as easily have been a KKK rally without the sheets. Most of the few minorities that were there we the Times Forum maintenance folks...and that's just how the preponderance of that crowd likes it.

Can't stomach posts that use the race card

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

This entire thread is an attack

See you lie so much, you can't keep track of the truth.

This thread is an attack on the FLOTUS

Yet you are saying you are being attacked.

What a victim you are

No victim, I. Please, continue your attack on me and ignore the lies FLOTUS told. You're only proving MY point by continuing to ignore the topic and focus on me.

But you are the only liar.

You post distortions and expect me to stay quite about it.

That is playing the victim, that is what little kids do to get sympathy in 4th grade.

The FLOTUS was not born with a silver spoon, she work her self out of a white color family
into the upper middle class and you can accept it.

That is your problem, I am not gonna be quite while you distort the truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Reply to post by beezzer

Simple enough

I posted some examples on page 2.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

Oh look. More posts not about the subject.

Care to explain why you don't think the Obama's can relate to average Americans while Romney can?
Care to elaborate on how the two families have absolutely no differences in the way they were braught up or how they've become a success?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

"Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school" notice the word public. For those who don't know you don't have to live in the area the school is in if you are accepted. I am not Repug or Demo-rat but let's be fair if you compare the President and First Lady's experience to most of the poly-ticks in Washington they did struggle. Why? Because they were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth's. Besides that, the experiences I heard her relate were closer to the average American's. Did someone disprove the president used to drive a rusted car? Makes me think of my first baby. LONG LIVE THE BROWN BOMBER as it was called by my friends.
a 72 Oldsmobile in the late eighties is so fly!! LOL

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Reply to post by beezzer

Simple enough

I posted some examples on page 2.

You mean distortions that political hitman created for the occasion...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Reply to post by neo96

But Im sure you will be voting for Romney & his Harvard Law degree.

Oh look. More posts not about the subject.

So what does who I will be voting for have to do with the First ladies fairy tales eh?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The FLOTUS was not born with a silver spoon, she work her self out of a white color family
into the upper middle class and you can accept it.

That is your problem, I am not gonna be quite while you distort the truth.

What exactly is a "white color" family that she work herself out?

Is that a racist comment?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The truth hurts. Over the past 4 years I've read countless articles about local RNC officials emailing around rascist jokes, monkey comments, etc. Two RNC delegates were tossed out after throwing nuts at a CNN black camera woman, telling her, "That's how we feed the animals."

Just today I read dozens of comments from Right wing posters digging at the speech with comments about fried chicken, water melon and calling her a baboon. Here is a sampling:

rumyho
what a sweet wookie story

ryan_has_a_plan
Most of the attendees have to get home quick....

since they all have an early start in the lettuce fields tomorrow...

3 people liked this

alphaarchan127
my favorite part was when she stomped her hoof when they asked her how many days before her traitor husband goes to jail.

7 people liked this.

tea_party_rules
Hey barry, you better quit feeding her all that fried chicken, or even Bubba won't want a shot at it.

angrydad in reply to 57thunderbird
Sandra "Come and get some boys" Fluke will be holding court in the men's bathroom at the conclusion of tonight's cyrcle jerk.

3dwhites
THE FIRST WOOKIES SHOES, HOW MUCH DID THEY COST?

yamwhatiyam
I hope you all watched this, it is historic. I have not seen this many Communists moving forward since the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia.

7 people liked this

catholicone
MO is so hateful , so vile ,so racist , so unamerican .... it is hard to take this wicked witch seriously ...

4 people liked this.

1preacher
Now I know what obama spent the 5.5 trillion on - feeding those jaws!!!!

crosstri0 Just now
That was a beautiful line of.# by a street.whore

DEFCON____1 in reply to crosstri0
Ah, the pig-people speak. . .

Lor Mazz in reply to crosstri0
Is that all she got punk!!!
oh no there they go slobbering all over the baboon

pbr_streetgang
Shut it you pinko-commie south side chicago union-gangsterette

Like 1 person liked this

Not all Republicans are racists, but if you ARE a racist, chances are you are a Romney voter.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

The truth hurts

Been my expierence that some people wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit them in their arse and to sit there and say Romney voters are racist.

Is an insult to me and everyone else whose problems with the current adminstration are not based on skin coior but failed policies,failed leadership, and failed ideology.

Anyone making race is an issue needs to move on to someone who is stupid enough to listen to that tripe.

Move on from fairy tales in Charlotte to fair tales on ATS.
edit on 5-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Maybe Michelle has caught this contagious "lapse in judegment" from
her neighbor....you know Tony Rezko?!

“Are there folks here from Chicago?” Sununu asked the delegation. “You ought to go into the real estate business because there’s a guy who’s got a lot of friends who are coming, that’s coming back to look for a house next January. Maybe Tony Rezko can help him again.”

An Obama fundraiser, Rezko bought a vacant lot next to Obama’s Kenwood home at the same time the future president got a mortgage to buy his residence. Rezko later sold a portion of the lot to Obama. In 2008, Rezko was convicted of corruption associated with now-imprisoned former Gov. Rod Blagojevich and was sentenced to 10 ½ years in federal prison. has said the real estate dealings were “a lapse in judgment.”
articles.chicagotribune.com...

edit on 5-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here come the partisan lackeys! Those of you stumping for Obama, line up on my left. Those for Romney, line up on my right. I have two hands, I'll slap both groups upside the head Three Stooges style.

Sickening. Utterly sickening.

Now that I have that out of the way, yeah, the FLOTUS is a liar, paintng herself as middle class. Give me a freaking break. Anybody who thinks that Barack and Michelle were so gifted that they "earned" a spot in prestigious schools, only to be lackluster students all the way til graduation from college needs to have their head examined, and needs to learn about something called Affirmative Action.

Then, y'all need to wake the hell up. What politician DOESN'T lie while on the campaign trail? What politician, or their lying wives, actually tells the truth? None of them. Somebody who was first a lawyer and then a politician?? The chance of them telling the truth while trying desperately to retain a high position is nil.

Just like when George H. W. Bush lied about driving some old car down to Midland, Texas from the east coast for a new job (he actually flew on a private jet, back when very few people had them), any politician, no matter whether dem or pub, will lie to the people and try to paint themselves as just a regular, middle-class guy.

Politicians are a mixture of an actor and a sociopath. As far as the POTUS and FLOTUS, they had everything handed to them courtesy of their skin color. If they were white, they wouldn't have gotten nearly as far.

I hope I have stepped on many toes with my post. Y'all need to wake up and stop playing this partisan game. It is an illusion, and you perpetuate it and make excuses for it, rather than abandoning it as the failure that it is.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

it has everything to do with your comment on not trusting lawyers.
You derailed the thread about 3 different times. I believe that was the second

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by FissionSurplus

you're absolutely right. All politicians lie indeed.

The base of this thread though, is that michelle stated that she had some tough times growing up and that she can relate to average Americans.

As a child of two working parents, neither of them wealthy, I can assure you that she and her husband have a much better understanding of middle class, regular life as opposed to the Romneys.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials

Oh whoopee. It's not like it's a rare thing for common people to go to Ivy League schools. If you have decent credit you can get loans to pay for the tuition. I know several people that attended Ivy League schools who weren't rich or well connected.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'll tell you when Michelle "lost" me...clear back in 2008, when she stated on national TV that she was, for the FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE, proud of America....because her husband was nominated for president.

If you aren't proud of the country of your birth, the country you live in, the country that has given YOU so much (y'know...stuff like FREEDOM)...then you should probably (no, you should DEFINITELY) move to ANOTHER country. (I'm thinking she would really love North Korea.)

She has continued "losing" me with her social programs (quit telling America their kids are fat - take care of your own and mind your own business), and the very "pricey" vacations she's taken - all on the taxpayers' shoulders. When was the last time YOU got to fly to Spain (and take an entourage...and use TWO airplanes to get everyone there)???? I haven't had a vacation in four years. I'll bet a LOT of Americans have foregone vacations...and things like cable, and cell phones, and two cars...and a lot of them not only DON'T live in a taxpayer-funded MANSION, they've lost their houses.

I'll tell you what I'm not proud of - - the 23,000,000 Americans who are unemployed. I'd just like to see ONE American unemployed: HER HUSBAND.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Exactly. The American voter's attention to detail is sometimes lacking.

We should all struggle like the poor Obama's... If that's poor, and struggling, damn I'm really, really in trouble.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join