It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by Urantia1111

They also think (correctly) that a large portion of their audience is too stupid/lazy to ever check up on these stories.

True, so true, and people say Obama is Stupid,,,,, Wrong!

If we can't get the word out,,,,, it'll happen again! We'll lose another four years of jobs and homes and self respect.

And lets not forget he got the Nobel as well on top of all that.

I am more concerned that he is intelligent and its all part of some plan, rather than him being stupid.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Looks like as usual that Brietbart chose to not put a little something in their article. Like how Obama was able to attend Punahou on a scholarship. Michelle was able to attend Whitney M. Young Magnet High School because she was a gifted student.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You know folks, I think they believe their own Lies and expect us to and not try and do any fact checking.

Once a lie is uttered, it often goes viral, until it becomes what Norman Mailer called a "factoid" — a statement that takes on the appearance of truth, because it has been so often repeated.

blogs.discovery.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
And she is a bit conceited don't we think ?

During her "speech", she said "I" or "Me" no less than 83 times

~snip~

She might even be able to give Danny Bonaduce a run for his money.....on second thought, probably not, no one can "out-conceited" that guy.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The First Lady is a liar.

Yes, I went there.

Colour it however you want. Blame Ryan and Romney if you wish.

It won't hide the fact that she is a liar.

Just you calling her a liar does not make it so.

You are a liar, I have seen you lie more than a dozen times.

Why should we trust a liar like you?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Yes, I went there.

The First Lady lied.

Calling me names will not change the facts. I had nothing to do with her lies. She is a liar.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So, you're saying that she didn't struggle? Or that the door wasn't rusted? What, exactly is the lie?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yes, I went there.

The First Lady lied.

Calling me names will not change the facts. I had nothing to do with her lies. She is a liar.

You are a liar yourself, it's not names, it is a fact that you have brought upon yourself.

Can YOU please explain her lies in your own words?

How did she lie?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I had to stop watching after she said Barrack "saved the auto industry". really!!!!

Half a billion to make the Volt, that sold for $40k Gm out sourcing to Canada and Mexico there were a lot of "fairy tales" last nite in Charlotte.

Barrack saved the United autoworkers with your money.
edit on 5-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I think that is about when I ducked out too.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jibeho

So, you're saying that she didn't struggle? Or that the door wasn't rusted? What, exactly is the lie?

The lie is OP itself, that is the lie.

These people are mad because she earned her status with hard work.

They deride her so they can hurt the presidents image by proxy.

They do so with lies

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
That shows how BOTH sides of the political aisle are wildly out of touch.

I've seen over and over how the Romneys have been ridiculed for talking about their early struggles. Will I see this same criticism of the Obamas?

What struggles?

Do you mean the ivy league education paid for by daddy?

Or the Millions of dollars to start a business, paid for by daddy?

Or maybe, the Rolodex filled with Daddy's friends and contacts?

It is almost laughable really

You misunderstood me. I didn't say they HAD struggles, only that they were RIDICULED for saying they had struggles. Now Michelle is saying how hard it was for them. I want to see JUST AS MUCH outrage over what she said.

But no, it's just not there.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

That was funny I stopped watching went to the gas station to get some stuff and there she was on the TV at that time she was talking about education. They have a tv above checkout there.

Without thinking I just blurted out what about the trillion dollar student loan debt couple people in there started to laugh and said they were not "impressed" either.

link   

You are a liar yourself, it's not names, it is a fact that you have brought upon yourself.

How did she lie?

She attempted to show that she and Barack did build it all by themselves by telling the following lies:

1. Michelle said they both came from families which didn't have much.
WRONG. Barack's Grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, was a VP at the Bank of Hawaii who paid for the expensive tuition for Barack and his sister at one of Hawaii's most exclusive private schools.
DOUBLE WRONG. A review of Michelle and Barack's tax returns show they were trust fund babies, receiving money from TWO family trusts.

2. She claimed that she and her brother went through college with nothing but student loans and grants.
WRONG: Her brother was Craig Robinson. He was the super player on Princeton University's basketball team before he went on to be drafted by the NBA....There is a whole lot of money in BASKETBALL SCHOLARSHIPS.

3. She asserted that Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham,started working as a bank teller and was a victim of the glass ceiling.
WRONG. Madelyn Dunham broke the glass ceiling. Obama never told that Madelyn Dunham was one of the first female VP at the Bank of Hawaii.

4. Michelle said that one of the reasons her husband supported the Lilly Ledbetter Act was so that other women would not experience the same discrimination as his grandmother.
WRONG AGAIN: As a lawyer, Michelle Obama should know the Lilly Ledbetter Act did not cover promotions and hiring. It only covers equal pay issues.

5. Michelle deliberately omitted the discrimination that Madelyn Dunham DID face. Madelyn faced discrimination because she was WHITE and not a native Hawaiian. For example, the Bank of Hawaii was advancing the image of Hawaiian ownership of their bank. Native Hawaiians HAVE LAND rights that no one else in Hawaii has. They receive trust proceeds from the OHA and are allowed to own land in Hawaii unlike other people.

dinarvets.com.../topic/127832-first-lady-speech-lies/

"Google. A friend it is."
-Yoda

link   

Yes, I went there.

The First Lady lied.

How did she lie?

So this is where you went last night after bashing me around for suggesting that stupidity is bi-partisan. You just went from one partisan bar fight to another.
But as you can guess I am no fan of MIchelle. Didn't I hear something a couple years ago about how she was on the board of some hospital in Chicago and that hospital dumped a bunch of people who couldn't afford their bills on to other hospitals in the area?

link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

What is the lie that Michelle told?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

That shows how BOTH sides of the political aisle are wildly out of touch.

I've seen over and over how the Romneys have been ridiculed for talking about their early struggles. Will I see this same criticism of the Obamas?

What struggles?

Do you mean the ivy league education paid for by daddy?

Or the Millions of dollars to start a business, paid for by daddy?

Or maybe, the Rolodex filled with Daddy's friends and contacts?

It is almost laughable really

You misunderstood me. I didn't say they HAD struggles, only that they were RIDICULED for saying they had struggles. Now Michelle is saying how hard it was for them. I want to see JUST AS MUCH outrage over what she said.

But no, it's just not there.

Uh Georgia Girl, there is a thread about it on ATS, you are posting on it

You guys are, as of today, ridiculing Michele Obama for talking about her struggles.

Is there a Comparable Mitt Romney thread? I haven't seen it...

Think about it

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Fact check the struggles of 2 lawyers there will be some people who don't give a hoot about people who become lawyers to screw people over then became political figure heads that screw more people over.

So please if certain people think those ever had it bad.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

So you didn't hear the media going nuts about it?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's a post on another OPINION forum!
Yeah, everyone has opinions. Yours or someone else's.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Quick anyone got a graph or a chart showing Romney income vs. Obama income? I would love to see that? or Willards income compared to entire population of my home town (hint: at 1300 people) he still is worth more!

Quite a success story that Mitt!

He has done quite well. He should not be damned for his success or what he has built in his life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join