It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by thepresident

Sacrifice what!? If you have the money, you aren't sacrificing - you are deciding where to invest it. They chose their children - good for them!

I find it comical that the liberals want to equate good parenting with "Sacrificing". These are the same people who advocate giving welfare, food stamps, section 8, FHA, medicaid etc. to people who can afford tatoos, the latest Nike high-tops, flat panel TVs, gaming systems, drugs and alcohol.

RESPONSIBLE people call these things "CHOICES", not sacrifices. If you make bad choices, people should live bad results. Michelle Obama's parents made good choices and she benefited from them. No one "sacrificed" anything. I hardly doubt they lived under a bridge and ate dirt so she could go to a private prep school. PUH-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

You can keep trying though...

I've noticed that the left loves to denegrate success and use class warfare except when it comes to their own guys.

Her father was a janitor and her mother was a secretary, is that considered high class?

Odd that this entire thread is here to denegrate her success - but I guess this is kindergarden rules

THe entire DNC platform is about denegrating success and punishing it and using class warfare--conveniently ignored when it is one of their own. The Obamas are now worth tens of millions. Good for them. The problem is that people who build up similar wealth through similar hard work and dedication are denegrated by the left as the "undeserving rich."

No, The banks and insurance companies that defrauded this nation are undeserving.

You clearly aren't listening very carefully.

I'm listening VERY carefully, and have been for some time. If one is successful and builds wealth the are, and have always been castigated by the left

This thread is 12 pages of castigation over Michelle's success.

Of course, it is an example of the hypocrisy of the left and decades of hatred of success. Of course, getting a kickback "job" in the six figures because your politician husband used his position to slide a few million taxpayer dollars to the organization is not exactly an example of hard work or entrepreneurial spirit, but graft and corruption are the Chicago way.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
At least Romney doesn't lie about being rich.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Breitbart.com?

No. Find a better source.
edit on 6-9-2012 by John Titor92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Who cares where they came from, what matters is where they are now, and both the Romney's and the Obama's are rich, power hungry elitists who don't give a sh** about any of us, all they care about is themselves. Romney and Obama are the same, they are both pro-war globalists who will aid and abet the international bankers in sucking this country dry. Whoever wins, we lose. Michelle, Barack, Mittens, are all filled from the same bag of horse sh**. While we argue semantics, they strip away our civil rights, send our children to war, and sell out our future to the international bankers. So who cares where they came from, they're all leading us straigh to hell. The biggest lie she and all the other politicians tell is that they actually care about little ol' you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
How does one simply hate on the first lady? It's astonishing that even if she does the most innocent things (helping kids fight obesity, etc), SOME individuals will sit back and talk sh*t. Sounds like they have their own personal issues to deal with.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
How does one simply hate on the first lady? It's astonishing that even if she does the most innocent things (helping kids fight obesity, etc), SOME individuals will sit back and talk sh*t. Sounds like they have their own personal issues to deal with.

Many hated Hillary just because she was a strong intelligent woman who spoke her mind - - and didn't stay like "window dressing" in the background.

I suspect - - those of that mindset - - feel the same about Michelle.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Originally posted by abeverage
Quick anyone got a graph or a chart showing Romney income vs. Obama income? I would love to see that? or Willards income compared to entire population of my home town (hint: at 1300 people) he still is worth more!

"Reuters reports President Barack Obama paid an effective tax rate of 20.5 percent in 2011. His $789,674 income came from a presidential salary of $400,000 and then proceeds from the sales of his books. The Obama family donated over 22 percent of the income, $172,130, to charities.

Contrarily, presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney paid an effective tax rate of just 13.9 percent in 2010. Romney earned $21.7 million that year with an estimated income of $20.9 million in 2011, according to the Washington Post. The 2011 figure for Romney is over 25 times what Obama made in the same tax year."

Source

Romney made over 25 times more in 2010. Including "Obama's Huge Book Royalty Checks" *rolleyes* he's not a poor man but he sure as hell isn't one of the super wealthy Romney hangs around.

I'd love to give more information on previous years but for some reason Romney doesn't want us to be able to compare his previous years incomes & tax rate. Also in response to OP... $277,000 is a lot for a condo in Chicago? When I was living in Chicago I was staying in Hyde Park and was paying over $800 / mo for ONE room in a 3 bedroom condo. I think $277,000 is pretty reasonable (I lived in the complex that Obama worked out in, saw him at the gym once). Also it's not like they bought the condo in straight up cash. I admit that the $1.65m is pretty high but isn't this the American Dream?

You can "fact check" Michelle's speech all you want but put it side-by-side with even MITT Romney's speech at least it feels like she means what she is saying. I don't care of you do or don't like the Obamas, Michelle spoke with emotion... it was extremely obvious Ann Romney was speaking from something someone else wrote for her.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Many hated Hillary just because she was a strong intelligent woman who spoke her mind - - and didn't stay like "window dressing" in the background.

No, that is not true. That whole "they hate her because she was a strong intelligent woman" BS is jsut an excuse for those who do not want to get into policy and ideas. Hillary as first lady was disliked because she took it upon herself to take an active role in formulating policy (see "Hillarycare). She was neither elected to office nor was she appointed to any sort of cabinent post but she actually held meetings and drafted plans and wrote legislation that would be later incorporated into legislation voted on in the floor. Although, legally, she was a private citizen and with no authority whatsover, she acted like she thought she was "co-president" and that is where the resentment came in, not out of the silly (and rather worn out) accusation of global male misogynisty.

Mrs Obama is actually better in that aspect. It has been traditional for first ladies to take on good causes such as literacy and (her cause) childhood health and obesity because we must remember that the First Lady is still a private citizen and has no legal political authority at all.

Of course, once she throws her hat into the political arena and give campaign speeches and attempts to assert some authority she does not have, she is open to criticitism just like any wannabe or current politician.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Real simple people. The Obama's income comes from us tax payers.Not from anything tangible.
The Romney's income was created by taking chances, starting a businesswhich EMPLOY people, which created more tax dollars. And investments. Oh.. how shameful! Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

No, that is not true. That whole "they hate her because she was a strong intelligent woman" BS is jsut an excuse for those who do not want to get into policy and ideas.

Dude - - I'm a 65 year old Feminist.

The only BS is you.

I know exactly why many hated Hillary.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

No you don't, you can fill out a form online, at the time of posting for food stamps and welfare I had no job, and shortly after I got the job I had my eyes on, review for Food Stamps + Welfare isnt for another 6 months, so until then I am on BOTH legally, sorry, but if you dont understand how something works you should never claim you do..

I understand it to an awesome level. The form you fill out online you HAVE to put in your household income. www.fns.usda.gov...

If you get a job or change income you have to report it to the agency, if not then you are committing fraud. I listen to some underground..but I can't stand aseop rock, he just uses big words to try to sound intelligent and fails.

No actually its called bull# lying, Each side is the same wings of the same beast... The people have no say who gets elected as the next puppet.

No it's not. I disagree with the conservatives on this board 98% of the time. What politicians do is another story, the fan base is real.

Also Tyler use to be catchy, but now he's like most mainstream trash to me, no offense to your music taste or anything bro

lol, mainstream trash is a bit much, he isn't exactly using lil wayne type beats but I kinda outgrew him.

edit on 6-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If you think its all a lie and stupid its only because this rouse was created for you. Created for the average stupid american and believe me the average is quite stupid.

What you are seeing is a well crafted system that is tailored for you. Yay that some of you see through it. Boo that most of you will do nothing about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

My beef with Hilary is that she speaks fondly of the LGBT community and LGBT rights but didn't do much to prevent her husband from installing Don't Ask Don't Tell.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

No, that is not true. That whole "they hate her because she was a strong intelligent woman" BS is jsut an excuse for those who do not want to get into policy and ideas.

Dude - - I'm a 65 year old Feminist.

The only BS is you.

I know exactly why many hated Hillary.

Dudette, you are a 65 year old feminist which is why you use talking points and strawman to support your preconcieved idiologic stances and dodge the real issues. You haven't a clue why people hated Hillary, you just project your feelings into the matter. Feelings to not create facts.
edit on 6-9-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The worst she ever done was chip a nail or got a papercut :|
As far as real struggle is concerned I meant
edit on 6-9-2012 by ldyserenity because: to clarify

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Is everyone positive that this isn't Rupaul? He hasn't been in the news for three and a half years or so. Just joking of course, and doing my best to stir that pot.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

You guys are just mad because Michele worked her way up to the top.

She wasn't born into wealth and she didn't marry into it, she went for it her self,
a fine example of the American dream in action.

She is smart, strong and I think she makes a good first lady.

LOL yes, she wasn't privileged at all...EVERYONE can afford Ivory League schools these days....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

reply to post by jibeho

You guys are just mad because Michele worked her way up to the top.

She wasn't born into wealth and she didn't marry into it, she went for it her self,
a fine example of the American dream in action.

She is smart, strong and I think she makes a good first lady.

LOL yes, she wasn't privileged at all...EVERYONE can afford Ivory League schools these days....

These days?

She graduated in 1981.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Dudette, you are a 65 year old feminist which is why you use talking points and strawman to support your preconcieved idiologic stances and dodge the real issues. You haven't a clue why people hated Hillary, you just project your feelings into the matter. Feelings to not create facts.

My style is to make a point in as few words as possible.

I don't waste words - - - or "run around the issue" - - revisiting it from every angle trying to get someone to agree with me.

Oh - - and yes - - I know you want me to find FACTS on the internet. Then we can have a FACTS fight - - my FACTS are more valid then your FACTS.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I didn't watch either party's convention, kind of fed up with both of them.

Sure must be nice to have the kind of real "struggles' these elitists have. Just my two cents worth.

They only value the poor when it comes to the vote anyway.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join