It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupak: HHS Mandate Violates My Obamacare Compromise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well, this is getting interesting especially when you consider the new verbiage regarding abortion in the new DNC Platform...

How will this play out...

Just another person who has been run over by Obama's bus then backed over for good measure... just to get what they really want. Obama, you are a bad man... Karma will mess up your life

Former Congressman Bart Stupak admits a compromise he made with Barack Obama to pass the Affordable Care Act is invalidated by HHS's controversial mandate for taxpayer-funded contraception, including abortion-inducing drugs.

Obama violates his own exec. order and violates statutory law..

Today Breeanne Howe of RedState and I attended a Democrats For Life panel during the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina. An attendee stood up and asked Bart Stupak and a panel of pro-life if the HHS contraception mandate has put them in a difficult position.

Stupak responded, “I am perplexed and disappointed that, having negotiated the Executive Order with the President, not only does the HHS mandate violate the Executive Order but it also violates statutory law.

Remember how the Dems were struggling to get the votes needed to pass this??

Despite healthy majorities in all necessary branches, the Democrats were struggling to secure the votes that they needed to pass.

The final holdout was Stupak, a pro-life Democrat from Michigan’s 1st District. He and a group of six pro-life Democrats united in their opposition to the bill and its violation of the Hyde Amendment, which prevented the public funding of abortion and protected the conscience clause. Theirs was a contentious fight that went on for days, while tens of thousands of Tea Party protesters rallied on the west lawn of the Capitol in opposition.

Late that Sunday afternoon, Stupak held a presser and announced that a deal had been made. President Obama would sign an Executive Order protecting the Hyde Amendment, preventing the public funding of abortion and the conscience clause. Critics watching the deal perceived the move as a blatant hustle for votes, and Stupak was labeled a sell-out. He was replaced by Tea Party candidate Dan Benishek in November.

Obama signed an executive order protecting the Hyde Amendment preventing public funding and the conscience clause. The new DNC platform just indicated that abortions are a right "regardless of ability to pay" That means taxpayers will pay... Anyway it was all tossed out the back door with the much needed mandate....

Conservatives warned of this Exec. Order Ploy that was worth nothing more than the paper it was printed on... Too bad Stupak didn't come to this reality before he cast his vote... Wonder how he will vote in November??

www.breitbart.com...

Just another day in the do as I say not as I do world of Barack Obama... Just another notch in Obama'a betrayal belt..

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Democrats have painted themselves into a corner on this issue

One says one thing, somebody else says the opposite.

They are trying real hard to "justify" the Planned Parenthood funding that probably has in fact used public money for abortions.

Watch for the typical commie codewords.

Watch for the typical Saul Alinsky methods.

They will be pouring it on starting now.

Obama is caught off guard yet again.

This will cost many votes.

new topics

join