It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so great about Ron Paul? Explain to me why he should be president.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Oh yea... that definitely sounds like something DOCTOR (as in MD) Ron Paul would say. For the love of god...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I saw one debate with ron paul in it and he said that if people can`t afford healthcare then the hospitals shouldn`t treat them, they should be left on the sidewalk to die.

That tells me everything i need to know about this natzi,i haven`t listened to or read anything else he`s had to say since then.

Link? That doesn't sound like anything nor the attitude I have ever heard Paul utter or suggest, or were you speaking of Paul Ryan the Republican VP nominee?

Doctor Ron Paul is himself a physician. Not treating a person in need for that reason would be in contradiction of the Physician's Oath. He has attended many patients without resources to pay.

Your statement is pure BS.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Sure...sort of.

There's still a contingency there. They still operate Drone Bases in and around Iraq, Afghanistan. He's provided war support for multiple different conflicts like Libya.

President Obama is a PRO war President. Oh, and he lied about closing Gitmo too

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You make some valid points.

Out of curiosity, if you had to choose either Obama or Romney as president, which would it be?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Actually no it's not.

This was during a Primary Debate when asked about the private health care system.

The question however wasn't proper and forced him to answer in this way. Or that his answer was perceived as letting him die.

And it was tea party supporters in the crowd who yelled let him die.

www.rawstory.com...

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer posed this question to Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul: “A healthy young, 30-year-old man has a good job, makes a good living but decides, ‘You know what? I’m not going to spend $200 or $300 a month on health insurance because I’m healthy, I don’t need it.’ But something terrible happens, all the sudden he needs it. What’s going to happen if he goes into a coma? Who pays for that?”

“What he should do is whatever he wants to do,” Paul replied. “That’s what freedom is all about, taking your own risks. This whole idea that you have to prepare to take care of everybody…”

“Are you saying society should just let him die?” Blitzer asked.

The audience responded with shouts of “Yes!”

“We’ve given up on this concept that we might take care of ourselves, assume responsibility for ourselves, our neighbors, our friends, our churches would do it,” Paul explained. “This is the reason the cost is so high… We have lack of competition. There’s no competition in medicine. Everybody’s protected by licensing ”

www.rawstory.com...

~Tenth
edit on 9/5/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/5/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You make some valid points. Out of curiosity, if you had to choose either Obama or Romney as president, which would it be?

That is not a choice, those two are like two pages from the same playbook, do yourself a favor and watch the second vid I posted on the first page. A vote for Romney almost guarantees a war with Iran AND a return to the cold war with Russia, and Obama is an extension of his predecessor Bush. Both of those "choices" are a lose/lose for America.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'd vote Mitt Romney.

To get it over with.

I believe firmly that if Mitt took office he'd create a civil war within 4 years with all his nonsense. He might be what the US needs to actually change everything. Not because he has greatness, but because of how terrible he would be.

Obama does too good a job of continuing the globalist agenda but still making citizens believe he is on their side.

Romney, hilariously enough, is the more honest candidate.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

flipping on the t.v. is NOT research

I have found FOX news to be extremely unreliable, however MSNBC ( to me) seems to accurately and fairly represent all sides of argument. Do you have a different experience with this?

ALL mainstream media is full of bias. MSNBC is incredibly left wing biased. In fact, they are just like Fox news, just for the left instead of the right. The mainstream media is your biggest problem..........

Edit: Research Gary Johnson. Ron Paul is out of the race, Johnson is the only one on the ballot with the same principles.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your views. While at this point I totally disagree with the below comments...

Obama does too good a job of continuing the globalist agenda but still making citizens believe he is on their side.

Romney....is the most honest candidate.

I will really try learn more about all this stuff.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I am a young voter who hasn't followed politics so much lately. Everyone on this site seems to absolutely love Ron Paul... Why? What great ideas/policies does he have? And furthermore, why shouldn't I vote for Obama or Romney?

All opinions are welcome.

Because RP is a closet anarchist... lol

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by Tardacus

I have a feeling you didn't see ron paul say that, infact I bet you just heard someone say that ron paul said that.

supply a link to prove me wrong

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

i don`t have a link of me watching the debate, but you shouldn`t have any problem finding a link for that specific debate since ron paul hasnt been in many televised debates this year

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

And that's fine.

It took me a VERY long time to notice what was going on in politics and who was playing for who.

Obama has done pretty much nothing what he promised back in 2008. Romney however, I believe, when he says he would outlaw abortion, go to war with Iran, and privatize anything he could get his hands on.

That's really the difference between Republican and Democrats. Republicans actually tell you straight up what they want to do, good idea or bad. Democrats tend to tell you what they 'want to do' and end up doing the exact opposite.

Just my view of things from an outsider looking in over the last 3o years.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Chi-and-Me

flipping on the t.v. is NOT research

I have found FOX news to be extremely unreliable, however MSNBC ( to me) seems to accurately and fairly represent all sides of argument. Do you have a different experience with this?

Yes I have. MSNBC was one of the main left leaning channels that sold me on Obama. I was not happy with Bush and fell for their hype. I'm ashamed to say I voted for Obummer.

Now that Barack has kept almost none of his prommises, and his "change" weakened the country, I need to see MSNBC challenge him. They only seem to be his chearleaders. Sometimes they call him out on small policy issues. They need to question the NDAA, undeclared wars, his worship of NATO, freedom of speech issues, ect...

Having said that...I am one of those nuts that believes the left and right media is controlled by the same puppet master that controlls left and right politics. I can only hope (and continue to research) that Ron Paul is real.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Please see tothetenthpower's response covering your question here.

Paul does not advocate letting people die, he just doesn't feel government has a proper role in the matter, and that it's not right to steal from some to benefit others.

His proper views on this matter are:

1) Freedom & personal responsibility for you to make arrangements with your own property to secure your own future accordingly.

2) Voluntary charity and willful involvement (not force of government), failing that.

He lived this example as a doctor. Given his views on government theft and entitlement programs, he refused to accept medicare/medicaid payments from his patients (or otherwise for the disadvantaged or downtrodden in some cases), and instead offered free or discounted services as needed.

There is nothing naziesque or unkind in Paul's views. He just believes that stealing is wrong and that we should be good enough to help one another otherwise without being compelled by force of arms or legal plunder.
edit on 9/5/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

That should not amaze me, really. Medicine has become so highly bureaucratized and corrupted by the economics of pharmacology that it has become a mockery of what it should be - and a sham of what it is in other parts of the world where it is still relatively pure in intention and practice.

I would be in favor of licensing of surgeons but also teaching basic medicine at all levels and transform virtually everyone into a medical practitioner. Where I live quality medical care is affordable and available.

So many years away from the US I believe you have helped me re-affirm my intentions to never return there again. The American people seem to know what they want - the crowd chanting "Let him die" - our divergent paths should never again cross. Perhaps it is best I abstain from voting in any further US elections. May you all live abundantly with your fondest desires.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
He figured out he can pack pork on a bill that was certain to pass. Ensuring his district got Federal dollars for projects they needed, and then voted against them so his followers would think he is a hero. Best liar of the bunch.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

His district should be stoic and suffer? Fight it, and speak out against it. But they paid-in the same taxes as all the other congressional districts in the country. If that's the best argument you've got, then I'm DEFINITELY for Paul.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The BIG problem here is that the entire world is manipulated by shadowy secret groups of elite mad men.

Until they are dealt with, nothing else matters. Politics are a joke.

So if Ron Paul gets in the white house he would have a very hard time making real change. If he were even allowed to live.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

Yes they should, they are the morons electing a liar to speak for them. All his whining about how the Federal Government shouldn't be doing of the sort yet puts his hand in the cookie jar. He doesn't believe in any of what he says he does, he uses it to get dumb kids that don't know any better to vote for him. He plays the same game every other politician does, and does it in a manner more duplicitous than most, but watch out he is the "Savior of the US". He is a fraud and the fact that he still has yet to publicly call out the RNC for it's shenanigans proves it. If he had this huge army of followers he would have formed his own party. His message of "let's go back and pretend it is 1800" doesn't fly with Americans in the modern age.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
He figured out he can pack pork on a bill that was certain to pass. Ensuring his district got Federal dollars for projects they needed, and then voted against them so his followers would think he is a hero. Best liar of the bunch.

You mean doing his job and representing his district? Terrible, terrible...voting against the bills themselves as they were for other unconstitutional expenditures, but also earmarking funds to help his constituents instead of leaving those funds up to the discretion of the Executive branch for unknown dissemination at a later point to no verifiable benefit to anyone.

Liar? I'd love some clarification on that. Seems to me just another example of how I wish my OWN representative would actually live up to the title.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join