It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so great about Ron Paul? Explain to me why he should be president.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am a young voter who hasn't followed politics so much lately. Everyone on this site seems to absolutely love Ron Paul... Why? What great ideas/policies does he have? And furthermore, why shouldn't I vote for Obama or Romney?

All opinions are welcome.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Here's the problem.

Nobody should tell you how great any politician is. You should actually research each individual platform and make your own decisions about who is the best candidate for you.

We live in a culture where everybody would rather be told what to think, then doing any thinking for themselves.

Start with catching up on the politics of the last 12 months. It won't matter one ioda what anybody tells you if you don't understand the current political environment.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
he lives by the Constitution of the US and believes in it. his track record is more consistent than any other running and better then most past. after all what do we have as Americans without the Constitution and bill of rights, we have nothing. it's the contract we are all supposed to live by and he believes that as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's pretty simple really, with the current left right paradigm this country is brainwashed into you have no future, you're in debt when your born in this country and it's just getting worse. Paul is nothing like the puppets they keep propping up to give you the illusion that you have a choice come election time. Take a look at what the Libertarian platform supports and represents and you have your answer. You may want to take a good look at Gary Johnson, he shares much of what Paul does AND he is still running an active campaign.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I saw one debate with ron paul in it and he said that if people can`t afford healthcare then the hospitals shouldn`t treat them, they should be left on the sidewalk to die.

That tells me everything i need to know about this natzi,i haven`t listened to or read anything else he`s had to say since then.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't think it really matters who you vote for, here in the US. There is a government behind the government (central bankers??) which is concealed and not made public.

Mayer Rothschild said it best,

Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws.

The FED and central banks control our money, when in fact the government has the power to issue it's own currency but doesn't do so. The US was defeated in 1913

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That is what I have been trying to do for the last two months or so. At this point I would vote for Obama. Romney scares me. Paul seems okay, but Obama seems to be a very genuine person experienced enough to handle this country.

That being said, I haven't done as much research as I'm sure many members of ATS have.

Change my mind.

link   

He believes wholeheartedly in the constitution and the bill of rights and will stick with it. He believes in taking care of your country and not policing the world. He believes in tough love and can make the hard descisions that have to be taken for the good of the people with out infrigning on their rights. I'm not american but if I was I'd vote for Dr. Paul.

link   

He actually believes in the notion that government governs best when it governs the least... He also sees priorities at home as more important than priorities abroad.

Do I agree with all of his positions? No.

But the man may be one of the few honest brokers left in American politics. For that alone, I'd be willing to vote for him.

Much better than the current alternatives. imo.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

the man may be one of the few honest brokers left in American politics.

What might be un-honest about about President Obama? I am genuinely curious.
edit on 5-9-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

As long as you are attempting to educate yourself, then there's no problem. There's just too many people who blindly believe whatever anybody says regarding a politician, whether good or bad, and hardly is it ever correct in proper context.

I have no endorsements for either candidates. Ron Paul is not nominated, discussing him is irrelevant.

Romney & Obama are the same people, both Globalist Scum Bags. They only difference between both is how fast they sell you out to their friends.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
reply to post by loam

the man may be one of the few honest brokers left in American politics.

edit on 5-9-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

They gave him a nobel peace prize.

He didn't create any peace.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ok.

It would be best if you researched that question on your own. Start with his campaign promises about how he would govern on several issues, and then compare to what he actually did.

Imo, he may be one of the biggest political Charlatans ever to make the White House.

The rest is up to you. I agree no one should tel you how to think. Research and then decide for yourself.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Almost everything the man says is dishonest. Most of his major campaign promises were complete lies. There is no hope and change that is certain. The NDAA for starters along with all of the lies about "transparency". I could easily list 20 things he has been "less than honest" about, so I'm still waiting for him to actually tell the truth for once.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I love all of his ideas, but he is probably controlled opposition.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by Tardacus

I have a feeling you didn't see ron paul say that, infact I bet you just heard someone say that ron paul said that.

supply a link to prove me wrong

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Why Ron Paul?

Freedom, Justice and the American way!!!

Liberty, honesty, security, reality, commitment, truth, save the Constitution, small goverment, end offensive wars, audit/end the fed, invest in America, back our currency, save our country..........

Why not Obomney?

The opposite of the above.

But don't take my words for it. Please do your own research. And flipping on the t.v. is NOT research, it's entertainment.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

It would be best if you researched that question on your own.

Sounds good, I will really make an effort to get into politics.

reply to post by tothetenthpower

They gave him a nobel peace prize.

He didn't create any peace.

~Tenth

Did he not pull our troops out of Iraq?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Ron Paul is the only candidate that hasn't lied through his teeth in the past (he won't be bought). His voting history matches his words..and the only candidate that can say that. He is the only one that hasn't sold out to big corporations demands (all others have). He wants to stop all the regulations and laws that violate the constitution and oppresses the people. He is the only candidate that would close all the bases overseas and stop letting our military from being used to bully other countries into submission by greedy leaders. Every other candidate has looked us all in the face and lies, their voting record shows they are still lying to us. So that is why... a liar's promises are always broken ... it would be something new to vote for an honest man. I think we have a better chance of getting the change we all really wanted if we went with someone known to tell the truth ...we haven't done that yet, it would be new.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

flipping on the t.v. is NOT research

I have found FOX news to be extremely unreliable, however MSNBC ( to me) seems to accurately and fairly represent all sides of argument. Do you have a different experience with this?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join