It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin laden: "Anti-Soviet warrior puts his army on the road to peace" 1993 newspaper article.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I found this picture while browsing the internet today. I just thought I would share this for those interested.

Link to picture

Osama bin laden sat in his gold fringed robe, guarded by the loyal arab mujahedin who fought along-side him in afghanistan. Bearded, taciturn figures - unarmed, but never more than a few yards from the man who recruited them, trained them, and then dispatched them to destroy the soviet army - they watched unsmiling as the sudanese villagers of Almatig lined up to thank the Saudi businessman who is about to complete the highway liking their homes to khartoum for the first time in history....more @ the link

The article is from the December 6th 1993 edition of The Independent. Its interesting to see the transformation of this man into the worlds #1 terrorist.
edit on 9/5/2012 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

From your source....

"Personally neither I nor my brothers ever saw any evidence of American help"

Also,

"When my mujaheddin were victorious and the Russians were driven out, differences started [between the guerrilla movements]"

So began the birth of the Taliban.

Interesting......

edit on 5-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
from the source

BinLadens words:

Once i was 30 metres from the Russians and they were trying to capture me. I was under bombardment but i was so peaceful in my heart that i fell asleep.....I saw a 129mm motar shell land in front of me, but it did not blow up. Four more bombs were dropped from a Russian plane on our headquarters but they did not explode. We beat the Soviet Union

Quite a claim to the divine here...

Still not so sure it was peace he was after when he had those planes crash into the WTC, i believe it was retribution. But at the time i guess he was made out to be a hero/peacekepper, time can makes fools of us all.

edit on 5-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I have read this claim before somewhere else as well. Chances are, he was just lucky, if it is even true.

I just found it interesting that, at the time, he was still considered a "business man".

I wonder if this highway was charity or if they were paid by the state.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
He was executed by the US without a trial for the 9-11 attacks because there never was any proof against him to bring to trial.

On June 5, 2006, the Muckraker Report contacted the FBI Headquarters, (202) 324-3000, to learn why Bin Laden’s Most Wanted poster did not indicate that Usama was also wanted in connection with 9/11. The Muckraker Report spoke with Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI. When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, Tomb said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”

FBI says, it has “No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11”

Can't have a pesky finding of facts muck up the American desire for vengence, now can we?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

He was killed for being a fanatic arch-terrorist who ordered and funded fanatic terrorists who killed innocent people. I hope he chokes with his 72 virgins or have a painful priapism.

Seal team 6 did the job swiftly and cleanly.
Next please...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

There's no evidence that he had anything to do with 9/11.

And Saddam was once our friend too.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

If I remember correctly, they dont specify whether the virgins are male or female right?

who knows, maybe karma really is a...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

CIA operative Tim Osman was marketed like this to the US before the pentagon flipped the script and turned him into the terrorist version of 1984's Emmanuel Goldstein.

I mean after working for Carter's anti-soviet proxy army why did the pentagon tell agent Tim osman to "disappear" until Rumsfeld,Bush and Chaney demolished the WTCs? The Bush regime fly the former cia operative's family our of the US. The bought and paid for mega-corp media tell us the former cia operative is now a terrorist and is in iraq, pakistan,afghanistan etc.

former cia operative tim osman's body was never shown to the public after the staged "raid" by seal team 6. Now
he with the easter bunny,tooth faery and captain planet. In that we don't even know if this nwo agent is real or a character being portrayed? I mean we saw all the fake photoshopped photographs.

MI5 cooped and help created muslim brotherhood to fight against the soviets.
CIA cooped and help create alqaeda to fight against the soviets.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Here's a fun little exercise for you - find me some proof that this mythical "CIA Operative Tim Osman" ever existed at all.

I'll just sit here and wait on that - and pop some popcorn to watch you flip rocks over looking for it.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

He both denied and then accept the blame for the attack. I do not want to go into a 9/11 debate, but in my opinion enough of a connection exists that he played some sort of role in orchestrating the attack.

Link for article detailing the issue from awhile ago.

Anyways its open to interpretation, but if you think he is all free and clear, then it must be so

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer no offense, but how does your post warrant that many stars
maybe i have star envy or something

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I cannot believe that this whole bin laden saga "ended" the way it did. As far as i know, there is 0 real direct evidence that the events transpired as we are told.
I dont even know what else to type about it. It just blows my mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Slayer has a bevy of followers who auto-star his every post. I dont understand how his post got more stars than my OP
But that is ATS.

Regardless, Slayer is an awesome asset here to ats. I couldnt even begin to estimate how many of his threads I have read and enjoyed. since I dont think I have said it before, but THANK YOU SLAYER for all the effort you put into this website. You'd probably be a millionaire by now if you ran a blog with some advertisements on it!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Look how fortunes and destinies change hands over the years. An article about Bin Laden being a minister of peace during the Afghan/Soviet Conflict, and years on he becomes a terrorist? The way of the world I suppose? Unfortunately, he chose the road that led to thousands being maimed, mutilated, and murdered. He helped to brainwash an entire generation of confused and impoverished young men.

As for the way he checked out? I have no idea the voracity of the official story, but his poison continues to thrive. Just another guy will take over where he left off, and it will take generations for sobriety from the flith being spewed by his lot. We are stuck with his brand of fanaticism, and that is the problem. I do not see it going anywhere anytime soon. A man can be silenced, but the message lives on. Moreover, I guess paving roads to peace can very easily turn into paving roads to destruction and desolation. Crazy world!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Agreed, just playing

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
From OBL to Gen Noriega these guys have gone from the government's "most wanted." to "Favored Commercial Ally."with ease.I guess it depends on the needs of TPTB.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's just a functional soap opera..

I mean if you need things done, I guess you'd make it interesting, like a live movie.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Did you intentionally make the last part of your post rhyme?
made me chuckle when I read it.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by mike dangerously

Did you intentionally make the last part of your post rhyme?
made me chuckle when I read it.
No,I just do that without noticing sometimes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join