It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats explain why they love "belonging to the government"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Sigh...

I'm a liberal and I don't belong to the government. My loyalty is with my family, friends, neighbors, community, and as a member of society.

As stated above, the "belong to the government" aspect here is an editing trick. But, as for the people who answered the question like zombies... Maybe their delusional and misled. Maybe they got edited too. Maybe they're paid actors or even Republicans in disguise on a smear campaign.

Either way, they don't speak for me nor any other liberals I know. None of us are anywhere near that self deluded. I don't want big government. I want effective government without corruption, graft, and a bunch of elitists, on both sides, giving my childrens futures away to some CEO of a Multinational in exchange for campaign funds and perks.

Kill the graft and avarice in Washington and on Wall Street and then we can lower taxes AND have social responsibility too.

Good god, I could take my phone out and make a video of purported Republicans saying asinine things and start a thread too..

~Heff
edit on 9/6/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Sigh...

I'm a liberal and I don't belong to the government. My loyalty is with my family, friends, neighbors, community, and as a member of society.

As stated above, the "belong to the government" aspect here is an editing trick. But, as for the people who answered the question like zombies... Maybe their delusional and misled. Maybe they got edited too. Maybe they're paid actors or even Republicans in disguise on a smear campaign.

Either way, they don't speak for me nor any other liberals I know. None of us are anywhere near that self deluded. I don't want big government. I want effective government without corruption, graft, and a bunch of elitists, on both sides, giving my childrens futures away to some CEO of a Multinational in exchange for campaign funds and perks.

Kill the graft and avarice in Washington and on Wall Street and then we can lower taxes AND have social responsibility too.

Good god, I could take my phone out and make a video of purported Republicans saying asinine things and start a thread too..

~Heff

This video was put out by Democrats, more specifically the city of Charlotte in support of the Democrats. These are Democrats talking, and is not meant to be negative. That is what I gathered at least.

ETA: I am sure there is editing out to only include responses they like. The same tricks both parties use to make the other look stupid is being used here. The only difference is the editing is suppose to make them look better, but has the opposite effect.
edit on 6-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Sigh...

~Heff

As a liberal you support big government, no? You support more taxes, more spending, government run health care, more entitlements, more dependency and less rights like drinking 7oz pops or owning a firearm?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
THIS is what happens when you 'belong to government' ...

Photo shows outcome of DNC 'vote on God and Jerusalem' was predetermined

The DNC took a vocal vote ... put 'GOD' and 'JERUSALEM' back in the party platform or no? The 'NO' votes were definately much louder. However, the speaker decided to go with the 'YES' votes even though it was obvious that 2/3 were not voting that way.

This photo shows that the vote was predetermined. The speaker HAD to say the 'YES' vote had it. THIS is a perfect example of what happens when you 'belong to government'. You simply don't matter. Individuals don't matter. Only government matters.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Apparently, none of you pretending outrage belong to any local church.

This is silly and about the videographer playing games. All you people thinking what you are hearing just reveal yourselves as pretty low on the English comprehension scale. This lack of understanding on your part is to be expected though for people who reject knowledge and education.

The word "belong" has multiple meanings, you people are pretending that all the people interviewed consider themselves "owned" by the government. That is but one meaning and your viewpoint is wrong and simply disingenuous to think that's the meaning that applies here. You are playing games (not very intelligent ones though) and your games only fool other ignorant people with poor English skills.

Any of you "belong" to a club, like maybe the VFW? Or maybe as in, "I belong to a country club." Does the country club own you?

Mr. Johnson: "What church do you like?"
Mr. Smith: "Oh, our family belongs to the Grace Community Church down on Elm St. We love the pastor and the wonderful congregation."

Now, is the word "belong" really so hard to understand in it proper context in this application? Would you think the person asking the question is going home to his wife and saying, "My goodness, the Smiths think they are property of Grace Community Church!!!"

Get a grip.

Here are the various meanings from Merriam-Webster:

Definition of BELONG
intransitive verb
a : to be suitable, appropriate, or advantageous b : to be in a proper situation
a : to be the property of a person or thing —used with to
b : to be attached or bound by birth, allegiance, or dependency —usually used with to
c : to be a member of a club, organization, or set —usually used with to
: to be an attribute, part, adjunct, or function of a person or thing
: to be properly classified

These trite little games the Right plays are so tiresome and they make themselves look like fools who don't understand their own language. All you people pretending to be shaking mad, acting like the people being interviewed consider themselves owned by government? Are your really that stupid or are you just being dishonest? It IS one of the two, and maybe both because these people are all 100% correct. The government is us, thus we all are our government...ergo we all belong (are a member of) our government.

FAIL
edit on 6-9-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Don't let these Right wing fools play you. Those being interviewed were correct. They all belong to the government too in that we ARE the government...We the People. It is a simple definition thing and the definition that applies here has to do with membership in a group, aka "belonging to a country club."

It is silly game being played by people who are none too bright.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Borg:

Resistance is futile!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankySamurai
reply to post by PvtHudson

Great video.

The concept of self ownership and therefore being responsible for ones actions is a crucial part of living in a free society. The current political philosophy promotes the exact opposite.

The concept of self ownership never seems to even occur to these people who gladly pronounce their sovereignty to rest not in their own hands but in the hands of some power loving, warmongering scam artist up in washington.

I agree. SOme people find the idea of self ownership quite frightening.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by Hefficide

Don't let these Right wing fools play you. Those being interviewed were correct. They all belong to the government too in that we ARE the government...We the People. It is a simple definition thing and the definition that applies here has to do with membership in a group, aka "belonging to a country club."

It is silly game being played by people who are none too bright.

I disagree. The concept of "being owned" by the government is quite consistent. Notice how many of the interviewed people did not say things like "we are all the government" but things like "the government takes care if us and keeps us safe." The nanny state and cradle to grave governmental care is exactly what they want and stand for.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just a week ago Biden threatened that republicans were going to put everyone in chains.

Now democrats are going "YAY" we belong to goverment!

Is it just me, or is there a disconnect here.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
Wow. I am floored that they found so many people who feel that way.

Or am I? Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. If you "belong" to the government, it will take careof you, right? I guess that's what people want.

Not me!

ok...you think one thing "slaves to the government"...they think they pay taxes, vote, engage with government entities.....the people ARE the government, people make up government...i don't know why you cannot seperate being a slave to something, as opposed to being part of something.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

As a liberal you support big government, no? You support more taxes, more spending, government run health care, more entitlements, more dependency and less rights like drinking 7oz pops or owning a firearm?

Wow. Nice to know I'm for these things. I was never aware. Thanks for telling me who I am.

Oh, and you're totally wrong. I own firearms. I like 32 ounce beverages, I support tax reform, access to healthcare as a basic human right, effective social services - not more of them and undoing the damage that the conservative Messiah, Ronald Reagan did when he convinced us all that letting the weasels guard the hen house was what "free market" means.

But, I suppose this won't deter you from your blind and false assumptions about me. All I can say is, you know what they say about people who assume.

~Heff

edit on 9/6/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo I agree. Thy all look kind of zombified if you ask me. You really put it into words for me.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Funny...I think the intent is for the government to belong to us, the citizens.

You know....by the people, for the people, and of the people. They are advocating government TO the people. It has been tried already, numerous times. It doesn't work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join