It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Will Use Obama to Punish America for it's Rebellion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

It is pitiful that you should be so jealous of someone's wealth. Banks repossess all the time. Are they criticized and demonized because of there actions. No.

Stop worrying about everybody else's tax returns. It is none of your business. Ask Harry Reid to turn over his tax returns. Ask madam Pelosi to turn over her tax information. Stop being a Nag.

I'm not jealous, dude. Not by a long-shot. You don't know a thing about me, my education, my background, or the choices I have made.

It is certainly my business if Romney wants me to vote for him -- secrecy and deception are not leadership skills in my worldview -- they are enormous red flags...

"Stop being a Nag"? Did you really type that? Nono, it's my profession; change agent. Social Worker.

And yes, banks ARE demonized....where have you been? The used deceptive lending just to turn a quick buck by bundling sub-prime loans and duping people who didn't bother to read the fine print. Are you aware of the LIBOR scandal? Do you even have any clue what you are talking about??

Are you serious?!!! Gha....
*facepalm*

Why is it that you pro-elitists insist that those of us who are interesting in lessening the suffering and pain of others are "jealous"? I've had plenty of opportunities to be someone's "mistress"... to "climb the corporate ladder", to be one of the "few and in the know" at businesses.....and turned every one of them down, based on principle.

Sickening, what money and power does to people's scruples.
If the world's leaders (both political and corporate) would get their crap together and LEAD, rather than bickering and disseminating weapons and poisons to the innocent, I wouldn't have to "nag." Someone has to point out the idiocy....

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

It is our ignorance and unwillingness to set things right, We the people have the power but we have given our power to them by leaving God out of the decisions.

I know all about the banking scandals. But he real scandal is that we have a President who hates America and breaks his oath on a daily basis to uphold the constitution. That is the scandal that we should be looking at. He lied to get elected, he lied through his first term, and he continues to lie and lie and lie and we keep believing his lies over a not perfect businessman. Obama has never held a job or created a job. How the Hell can we even think about re-electing this man. Let's get this birth certificate and college records. They are not available because they will expose his marxist, ant-American, ant- God, anti- Business, views.

Anyone who has a business, parents who had a business, graduates who have degrees in marketing, business, management should see that the man in charge does not believe in your future. He will destroy it because he does not believe in it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Is secrecy and deception are vote-killers for you who are you going to vote for?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Is secrecy and deception are vote-killers for you who are you going to vote for?

Actually I'm on the fence about whether to vote at all. I think it's all rigged, and predetermined. I think all politicians give us plenty of lip-service just to get elected, and then do what their handlers tell them to do. I think we should have philosophers as our leaders, not lawyers or super-rich elitist corporate types. If my state allows write-ins, I will write in "NONE OF THE ABOVE." No matter which one takes office, the other party will undermine, ridicule, fillibust, block, and refuse to go along with it. It's one guy against the entire congress. I think the senate should be abolished altogether, and there should be NO lifetime politicians, and term limits should be imposed on EVERYONE.

You should know by now that no matter WHO wins the POPULAR vote, the electoral college does the real "choosing", regardless of what "we the peons" want. And if no one votes, it's Congress who decides... (Yikes).

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm with you on most points. My vote will be cast on one issue alone, the deficit and National debt. I feel that's the most pressing issue that will affect not only the next 4 years but the well-being of my grand children.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Sorry, but you sound like you're not thinking clearly. Whatever "God" might be, "God" doesn't have any interest in politics. God is (theoretically) pro-compassion, pro-love.

God is ANTI-greed, ANTI-class, ANTI-war. And SOCIAL DEMOCRACY IS NOT MARXISM!!!!
For God's sake, do some real research!!

My father was a business man. He succeeded in building a modest retirement for my mother, and raised us to be decidedly ANTI-SNOB. He also voted Republican, and never, EVER sent jobs overseas. He was certainly not Anti-American.

But this is not the 1950s anymore. The world has CHANGED. We need to update the system to suit. And the Bible, in my opinion, is in very dire need of a new, revised, updated edition of what "God" wants.

*sigh*

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Very good thinking. I think religion has no place AT ALL in politics. It's a private matter, just like what one chooses to eat, when they go to bed, what they do to relax.....

I agree with you, the financial conundrum is the one and only most important issue,..... that, and putting an end to WAR.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Well, not exactly. God said there is a time for peace and a time for war. An example that always comes to mind are wars to remove murderous despot leaders. Hitler, Saddam, Milosovich, et cetra.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Very good thinking. I think religion has no place AT ALL in politics. It's a private matter, just like what one chooses to eat, when they go to bed, what they do to relax.....

I agree with you, the financial conundrum is the one and only most important issue,..... that, and putting an end to WAR.

I don't agree there, see my previous reply. Sometimes war is necessary to remove despot leaders, in those instances it's for the greater good of humanity.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Well, not exactly. God said there is a time for peace and a time for war.

Not the God I've heard from. Subdue the evil-doers yes....But, destroy whole nations? I don't think so.

Look after one another? Care for your neighbors? Show kindness and compassion? Yep. That's the message I keep getting.

You know you and I are at an impasse on the Bible and things religious, NuT...you know I don't think the Bible is the "Word of God." And anyway, God isn't here to supervise.

You know I go by the Golden Rule. I don't want to be killed or enslaved or tortured or made homeless or starving; I don't want others to be killed or enslaved or tortured or homeless or starved...(well, there are a few people I'd like to provide a one-way ticket to a volcanic island full of pit vipers, poison frogs, poison ivy, and tainted water ....but that's just my vengeful streak...
)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Don't forget the God of the Bible used Israel's enemies to wipe them out when they were in rebellion and idolatry.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm not an Israelite, and you know I think those are just myths. I don't believe in a wrathful, cruel, sadistic God. You know that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I'm not an Israelite, and you know I think those are just myths. I don't believe in a wrathful, cruel, sadistic God. You know that.

Neither do I, we have common ground there at least.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

But there's so many examples to the contrary in the Bible! That's one very suspicious difference between the OT and the NT, actually. "God"s brutality.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

But there's so many examples to the contrary in the Bible! That's one very suspicious difference between the OT and the NT, actually. "God"s brutality.

If what you claim is true why didn't God eliminate Adam and Eve at the first sin. I myself don't worship any god that refuses to punish rebellion, wickedness or idolatry. How could a holy and righteous God not punish those things?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

My question to you is, what do you know of "God's brutality" when you have never read the bible for yourself? Because you have never read the book, you do not know anything beyond what you hear from others.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Is there now any question in your mind that Obama is not Muslim. He gave our enemies 1.5 billion dollars and now they are attacking our embassies and killing our diplomats and staff. He is now in my opinion a traitor and not an American

What can be done to IMPEACH HIM NOW..
edit on 12-9-2012 by prophetboy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12

Is there now any question in your mind that Obama is not Muslim. He gave our enemies 1.5 billion dollars and now they are attacking our embassies and killing our diplomats and staff. He is now in my opinion a traitor and not an American

What can be done to IMPEACH HIM NOW..
edit on 12-9-2012 by prophetboy12 because: (no reason given)

prove he's not a citizen is all I can think of. It's a little late for that, though.....try to get him off the ballot.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

OK, prophetboy, I'll take that at face value. Got any more prophecies for us?
Going to now tell us how to rectify all of this by joining your particular brand, sect, or cult of religious faith?

Seriously, what are you attempting to say here?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I've read enough of the book. I skipped all the unimportant details (like biography hogwash) and read the parts where "God" and Jesus were concerned. Nice stories, but they contradict the nature of "God" as presumed in the scriptures.

You assume because I haven't read the entire story front to back, I don't know anything. If the rest of the book is like what I read, then it won't matter. It will only reaffirm my impression.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join