It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Will Use Obama to Punish America for it's Rebellion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

The reason that Obama is in the position of President is because the American people have turned their back on God and his tenants. Heaven is no longer smiling on America because he have forgotten that in order for us to be a prosperous and powerful nation that we have to live as he intended us to live. The upcoming presidential election will tell God that we no longer believe in and trust in him and then he will turn his back on us and all of our blessings and power will be withdrawn.

God hasn't been in the American agenda for some time, long before Obama.

Its not a matter of God punishing anyone, we get the rulers we deserve.

Americans are apathetic to their own political system, as a result we get people pandering to the two extremes of a party.

Believe me I understand coloring your world view with your beliefs, but if anything I would say theologically your a little off.

If anything its a simple matter of not interceding as opposed to direct action.

Simply a result of nature taking its course.

Look at Rome, they declined after taking Christianity as the state religion,

Although thats a whole nother thread regarding Constantine and all that.

Yeah it was the christians, not all the evil crap they were doing like burning true christians at the stake and making people fight to the death. Who taught you that?
They deceived you well...

You said "Look at Rome, they declined after taking Christianity as the state religion, "

edit on 6-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

It is amazing that some people can be so petty. I misspelled sue me. If you don't or can't read or understand what I am trying to say, don't read the Bible and stay away from Spiritual things.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It is we who are flawed, God is not flawed and we are to strive for perfection. If you don't believe what I am saying you see it all unfold.

Obama and the Democratic party is now and publicly exposed as Anti-God. This election is clearly about God vs Anti-God. If we make the wrong choice you will event unfold like you have never seen. Once we choose to not include God in our country and lives, He has to withdraw.

Wait, is that an earthquake in Hollywood?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Because the disciples, who were only human, couldn't have been wrong, right?

No, because at that point they were all baptized and filled with the Holy Spirit. That statement by Peter came post Pentecost, in fact it came at the very end of his life as he was nearing martyrdom. The statement where Christ rebuked him happened 20 some years earlier before he was born again of the Spirit of God.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's beside the point. I'm sure they called Judas a brother, and look how he repaid them. Being called a brother means nothing. ACTING like a brother is more like it.

More to the point, acting like a brother as part of a cause that is true to the world. Of course, our understanding is no where near good enough to even TRY to say that that was the case.

The point here being, regardless of whether or not he was a brother, is whether he ACTED like a brother. And WHY he was a brother. Get what I'm saying?

Are u kidding? Peter affirms all Paul wrote "in all his epistles".

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Could you cite verses where the other apostles called Paul a "brother"? I have only ever heard of the one that you mentioned from Peter the zealot.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

Oh, for heaven's sake, relax! It's just ATS.....

what, you have no sense of humor? That's one of the things that thumpers lack....it was a light-hearted elbow nudge.

If you don't or can't read or understand what I am trying to say, don't read the Bible and stay away from Spiritual things.

I already don't read the Bible, but,
no, I won't "stay away from Spiritual things", thanks.

Today on NPR I heard a lady say that the restaurant she was reviewing had a nice "embouchure".....she meant "ambience". I once knew of a restaurant mgr who instead of saying "vegetable medley", said "vegetable melody".

Just sayin'. It's no big thing. I'm pedantic. So, sue me.
Gha, the knee-jerk hostility on this forum is quite formidable.

edit on 7-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No prob Bro. Sometimes it seems like spending any time on ATS is a waste. I have been studying the relationship of spiritual teachings and politics and economy and really want people to take a good hard look at the reality of condition of America and the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

That bro is a woman.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Using it as a religious catalyst that has more to do with politics and manipulation than it does with spiritual balance is NOT the way to go.

You made a hefty mistake there, my friend. I'd advise you take a closer look and stop giving your emotional bias such influence in your ruminations.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I've been studying the same stuff, sort of from a slightly different angle;

may I suggest Robert Wright? I'm now reading his book The Moral Animal which deals with evolutionary psychology (1994, so it's a bit dated now).

I started reading his books beginning with most recent The Evolution of God, then the one preceding it: Non Zero.

It's worth noting that his writing has quite evolved...the Moral Animal is pretty thick stuff, not easy reading, more like an old-school scholarly work that one has to take one's time with. The second, NonZero, talks about world politics and such, and might be most interesting for you. It uses psychology (individual and group) and game theory (win/win vs lose/win vs lose/lose) in politics and economics....

The later titles, show a vastly easier style, and quite entertaining sense of humor; I'm glad I started with the last of his full-length titles. He also has a couple of interesting websites linked to him:
bloggingheads.tv...
www.meaningoflife.tv...

Which both look pretty interesting (I just discovered them this morning in linking you up!)

Just another resource for you to consider. Keep up the critical thinking, prophetboy! We need to stay on top of things before we're simply overwhelmed and self-destruct.

Oh, and yeah, I'm a woman (thanks, NuT)

edit on 8-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged

Sooo are you saying by choosing a Mormon, (heretics), for president we will be saved?... Thanks for the laugh.

God gave people free will. If we chose some bozo to be president its because we are fools, no other reason.

talk about separation of religion and politics... I believe it is the people not the politicians who won't let that go.

I will vote for Romney "the man" himself, not for his religious outlooks...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
You said "Look at Rome, they declined after taking Christianity as the state religion, "

Rome declined because of their "open door" policy, ...it was forgot about
edit on 8-9-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

You must have some low-standards for who you think should run a country then. Romney "the man" is an extremely greedy individual who's only in it for his own personal gain and ego. His history of flip-flopping attests to this.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeah, 3NL, he is.

Sysiphus, if Romney would "man up" and swear to not only show his tax returns, but also (and this just occurred to me this morning while out getting diy supplies), LIQUIDATE HIS OFF-SHORE ACCOUNTS (yes, all of them), and put them directly toward paying down the deficit that the GOP helped to amass....
then, I might consider him "a" man. He is certainly not "the" man; though. No way. He's a specimen of the problem itself. In my opinion. But no way would I consider voting for him unless he did this FIRST. And not "if you elect me", but simply because "it's the right thing to do, and now I see that."

edit on 8-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It is pitiful that you should be so jealous of someone's wealth. Banks repossess all the time. Are they criticized and demonized because of there actions. No.

Stop worrying about everybody else's tax returns. It is none of your business. Ask Harry Reid to turn over his tax returns. Ask madam Pelosi to turn over her tax information. Stop being a Nag.

It is not about being Mormon or not it is about someone who believes in America and it's ideals or giving it to someone is clearly anti- American, Anti- God, Anti- Freedom, and Anti- Business.

If you want to be told what to do, or dictated to, Obama is your man. Read your history, O is a dictator waiting for the chance to be full dictator. Why do you think he is using the exec orders so much? Open your eyes before it is to late.

Today is the anniversary of the first warning for America. The shields are down Scotty. The warning has been given. The first of the 9 harbingers. The Harbinger is a book that you must read and tell everyone you know to read it or listen to it's message.
edit on 11-9-2012 by prophetboy12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by prophetboy12 because: Wanted to add some thoughts

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Unfortunately it takes almost a billion dollars now to run for President. Those are the facts whether you like it or not.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

You have absolutely no Clue. You are blind and clueless. Go back to school, Go back to church, or just go back to some meditation.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I would not worry about after infinity, you have no clue about Now.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm going to make my own prophecy, yes one day you will die, and on that day you will cry out in fear and ask Yeshua to forgive your blasphemies against him before Death comes to drag you down to sheol.

Whatever happened to "Thou shalt not judge"?

Can you source "thou shalt not judge"?

"2 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things." Romans

...courtesy of an esteemed judge, ready to claim words as his/her own...

A99

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join