It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Will Use Obama to Punish America for it's Rebellion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Exodus 9:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth.

15 For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth.

Look how different these two are from one another. One clearly depicts "God" as being a complete asshole, and the other shows him as being merciful and complacent. KJV is the original, obviously...whereas the other is NT, I believe. But how can they be so different? Surely they couldn't be twisting the story to suit their agenda, could they? How can we trust either line? Can we really rely on these to tell us which is the real "God"?

Food for thought, you know.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

B-b-but doesn't god control everything and have a plan and reason for everything? Why would he punish us for something he was always going to do and force us to do?

I feel sorry for people who actually believe this garbage.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Remember, "God" is omniscient and omnipotent. He can, quite literally, do ANYTHING, according to the Bible. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G. So when he designed hell, he did it knowing exactly who would sit where, and for doing what...and he didn't lift a single finger to change that course.

Which means anyone who has ever gone to hell and ever will go to hell, is going there because he WANTS them to. He wants them to burn forever, with no chance of redemption. Not to mention that one of his very own creations (whom he also could have redesigned or prevented from 'betraying' him) rules over hell. Which means he knew that his creation would take advantage of his special prison, and he STILL allowed ALL OF IT to happen. There's no way he couldn't have known, and there's no way he couldn't have stopped it. Which means he WANTED it. And still wants it. Because everyone still believes in it, which obviously means he hasn't changed that tune, or he would have said something, right? And if he did but DIDN'T say anything, that just proves what I'm saying. Either way, he's a jerk.

So much for a loving and merciful father, eh?

edit on 6-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It also throws free-will out the window too. If he knows everything in advance then how can you call it free-will? It was planned beforehand.

Also, what is the point if he already knows everything? It's like going to see a movie after learning every tiny detail about it then going and spending $10 and 2 hours for nothing. Kind of defeats the purpose huh?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Have you seen the thread titled "New Testament Fairy Tales"? I just posted in that thread describing that exact argument. Quite eloquently, too, in my opinion.

edit on 6-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I just got done posting in it actually.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

So maybe God should get on the ballot then if he is so concerned who is going to be president.

ATS cracks me up sometimes

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Hard to believe that you have stated "Peace" as I sit in another country awaiting transit to another place where war is ongoing for over ten years...not much of a prophetboy if you did not realize the country has been at war.

God does not punish countries or even individuals...this he promised to people when he died on the cross...this is how the story is told anyway....until some religious zealot needs to have it some other way and it would seem this is you.

Do not use the God card nor the race card to divide the country anymore than it already is over politicians who are really one in the same...simple sheep in wolves clothing.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

God allows things to happen because we will it, not him. We have taken God out of our country, that should be evident after what happened in the DNC convention. The majority clearly stated that they did not want God in their platform, but because it shows their true colors the forced a yes vote.

Through our freewill if we push God out he cannot by cosmic law assist us.

What happens when you take God out of school, what happens when you take God out State and Gov't. What happens when you take God out of life. Those are freewill choices. But those choices come with consequences. We have through free will taken God out of everything. If God blesses us with protection, prosperity, and peace and all we have to do is act like his children and lead a Godly life, and we refuse why should he continue to bless us.

The only way that we will learn is to learn things the hard way and that is to let us experience what we desire of our own creation without him. God as parent is trying to teach us that he is the deliverer, He is the way of life and heaven will not smile on us or our country if we create chaos.

All we have to do to turn things around is to live a Godly life and be grateful for the blessings that He showers up[on us. Or He has to let us experience what we desire to create. He simply lets us live the life that we create.

His hands are tied unless we ask God to intervene in our affairs. He gave us a country so that we have the rights
to freedom, pursuit of happiness, liberty, freewill. But what have we done with out free will. We have created an evil chaotic world which when he takes the final opportunity to return to him away, we will have to live with the consequences. Those consequences are in the book of Revelation.

If it was not for God's continuing mercy, we would have destroyed ourselves long ago.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

How about a candidate that simply still believes in God. The choice this election is simple: a president that believes and loves America, or one that hates America and does not want God involved. If we choose to leave God out then we has no choice but to cut off our blessings.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by luciddream

wth, God is a racist?

Why would(if there is one) God favour Christians? its only 2000yrs old lol

LMAO. Christianity isn't a race it's a faith.

I was mainly referring to Obama being Black and American being supposed absolute Christian country and why would god care about Christianity when there is soo many religions before that.. oh wait.. you are saying Christianity is the one and true religion?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Religions don't matter they are all based on the same God and the same ideals.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What a country needs is a candidate with clear thinking, not biased clouded judgement from a fairy tale that has 2000yrs old barbaric rules.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Obama believes in god, Romney believes in God. Heck even ol Dubya himself proudly professed to be saved by the blood of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ. The truth is the countrys problems run very deep and having a God fearing president will not fix anything. A good start would be having our own French revolution against the bankers and the special interest groups and the elite in general. The president is nothing more than a figurehead for people to get mad at so that the real owners of this country can stay out of the public eye. Fairly simple idea, happens to work really well for them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

oh wait.. you are saying Christianity is the one and true religion?

No religion is the "true" religion. God hates religion, anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear would know that. When he spoke through prophets, in certain places where "women" were spoken of, he wasn't talking about women, he was talking about religions and cults. Now the correct Faith is the one that enables a personal relationship with him through Yeshua Ha'Meshiach (Jesus the Christ) whom is his Voice and his Word and once you believe in him you are adopted into the House of Israel (not the apostates who refuse the Anointed one that're ruling Israel now) and those people may come from any background, all servants are equal under the same King, for instance i was once agnostic myself 2 years ago with cherokee and european lineage.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So basically religion is evil but what it teaches isn't? You believe in the story of Jesus as literal fact which was invented by religion yet you despise religion?

What a conundrum...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So basically religion is evil but what it teaches isn't? You believe in the story of Jesus as literal fact which was invented by religion yet you despise religion?

What a conundrum...

Christianity is about redemption, it's the only faith on Earth that isn't religious. Religions are always about how man can make himself acceptable and reconciled to God. Christianity is the only faith unique in that we teach it's not about what we do or do not do, it's all about what Jesus has done on our behalf.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That is a religious belief invented by man. Religion has skewed what Jesus was trying to teach in your mind. Salvation and faith were invented by Paul, a man who persecuted early followers of Jesus, those who had his TRUE message, not this crap we have today.

Show me one verse where Jesus says you must have faith he died on the cross.

Paul was a liar and was employed by the Romans to distort what Jesus said, and you have fallen for the trap they laid out for you.

You don't need to believe in some dead guy to have eternal life, you have that already through reincarnation. Jesus even taught of reincarnation, his "father" was the man who came before him, the one he was before he came to Earth. Some have the gift of remembrance, others don't, others it is taken away from by false stories and fake gods. You are your own god and you putting Jesus on a pedestal is denying yourself. Don't deny yourself, that is not what Jesus taught.
edit on 6-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Yeah, that totally sounds like something we would invent... we're wicked, right down to our hearts, and there is nothing we can do to chance the situation we're in so we're all gonna burn in Hell. Sounds exactly like all the others religions!
Every other religion teaches that we're generally good and we have the power within us to male ourselves right do God, especially by doing certain rituals and saying special prayers and incantations.

Paul wasn't employed by the Romans, he was murdered by them for refusing to cease from preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh, and if you have the time read John chapter 6.

edit on 6-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

And what makes you think Paul was a real person? There are some who believe that "Paul" was a group of people.... ahem..... Romans. If you continue to believe what Paul said was true then you apparently have no idea what Jesus taught because Jesus taught nothing of what Paul taught, unless of course you believe Jesus really did come to Paul in a dream to teach him things never uttered from his mouth while alive. If so, you are delusional and caught up in the dogma "Paul" created.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join