It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go or stay?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Personally, I would head to the suburbs. Lots of places to hide/barricade, lots of supplies strewn about for the picking in a SHTF scenario.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
I just hope that I can find a way to focus when the medication runs out or I'll turn back in to the animal I truly am and god help anyone who happens by me.

I was in the Army for 24 years 17 of that in Special Operations units the rest in Military Intelligence of course I enlisted an Infantryman - a good place to start.

I spent 3 years in a special program - a nominative position I owe my selection for that program ironically on my MMPI and psych interview results (along with my training of course) I was found to have a certain number of what would be termed Cluster B antisocial personality traits.

I was found to lack of empathy, lack of respect for law and convention, lack of respect for authority, and a certain disregard for the rights/feelings of others.

I can compartmentalize things very well...

Those traits make one very good at doing certain things that need be done and still being able to sleep at night.

I too feel like you when SHTF - while I won't go out looking for fights, I have had enough bloodshed for one lifetime. That said, woe be unto he who comes here looking for one is all I can say be he a government agent, gang banger or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Not sure I (or a few others) understand the OP question.

What are NDAA types? I believe that The National Defense Authorization Act is/will be enforced by the US Army, correct? So, is the question is "will I stay put if the US Army has been rounding people up?" or is it "will I stay put if the US Army is looking for me specifically?"

If they are rounding "trouble makers" up, I'd have to figure out if I could potentially be labeled as such. If there's a reasonable chance that the government wanted to detain me - I'd go. If not, - I'd stay.

If I had prior knowledge that they were coming for me or my family specifically - I'd go faster.
edit on 9/5/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

You are sincerely welcome, and I know the feeling, while there are days I want to kill my wife, I could not imagine my life without her.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I can't imagine why anyone would want to stay in America if SHTF. Knowing what we all know now about the criminality of the government, banksters engineering war, governments purposely creating divides amongst the people, etc etc. Why would anyone choose to risk their life to go and "defend" themselves against our own brethren? Haven't we learned from the Civil War?

This "War" is for minds, not land. And needs to be fought with education and peaceful action. Massive "Non-compliance" could be crippling to the "money machine" and that's how it needs to be fought. Staying here in an all out war is suicide, you WILL die, and you WILL die for nothing!

I much rather preserve my family and DNA which is why i've planned an exit strategy should things get questionable.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

I have 8 possible ways of getting out of dodge and up to my camp ! 2 are the quickest and most travelled and the rest are longer but not used except by locals, and I have an old logging map from the 1800s with trails that an be traversed by ATV or by foot .

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just to throw in my two cents, if you are bugging out, mountain bikes can be your friend. If you follow the high power lines (the big metal towers) there are usually rough paths so that maintenance people can get to them if necessary. The bike would allow you to move at faster than walking speed and the power lines cut pretty much across the country, and most people don't consider how useful it would be to follow them, if you had a mapped out path to work with, so that you could know where you are going as opposed to wandering without a destination. This presupposes that you can bike through rough terrain and that you have enough wilderness survival skill to survive on the move with minimal equipment (say around 50 lbs, though that is probably stretching it), and that you have a destination in mind. I wouldn't recommend using this method alone as biking can result in injury and having another person with you decreases the chances of a broken leg or arm being lethal, if they are willing to stay with you.

If you are bunkering in as an earlier party posted, under any situation, you need to make the place look abandoned and heavily looted already, so that people will not want to check it out, because if you draw any attention it would be bad. Bunkering is not recommended unless you live in a rural area that is difficult to access without a car and at least 400 miles from any city suburbs, as most cars will run out of gas 350 or so, those that fuel up will probably keep going until they run out of gas again. With that many miles between you and those who will be walking, along with not being in an easy location to get to will be your main protection. People in cities and the burbs will pretty much be SOL for the most part due to the sheer number of people that could find you, even with the best of countermeasures.

That is just my take on things, with all of my own bias and my limited experience.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Good question.

First, you should plan for all emergencies, not just things conspiracy related (natural disasters and such).

Personally, I think, if you live in a residential area and you live paycheck to paycheck like I do, store up a week's worth of food and water, and always have an extra big pack of toilet paper. For certain natural disasters, it'd be best to bug in. For others, you should bug out. You should use your best judgements on which disasters call for bugging in and which ones call for running off, and establish which points of your home are safest during a tornado, flood, ect.

For a power outage--a big one, like EMP or solar flare--make sure you can survive in your house/apt for as long as possible. If your living situation gets unbearable or if you run out of food and water, you should have a predetermined bug-out location, like for any emergency.

If you live in a residential area and the authorities are going door to door, that would be the time to bug out asap... depending on why they're going door to door. If they're taking people, then run as fast as you can and don't look back. For everyone you know who is prepping, set up a meeting place for whoever you want to travel/hide with. The meeting place could be some random store on the outskirts of town, or it could be your bug out destination... whatever works better.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join