It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Ron Paul is out... Write-in? Wasted vote? What's the plan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

I don't think anyone is advocating overthrow of the government or any other subversive activity that would rasie the ire of any three-lettered-agency. For a great many of us, we've been around long enough and have been aware enough to have learned that the current system of corporate controlled two-party government is destroying the country and placing us all in great peril. The repeating cycle of special interest driven government has got to be stopped. In order to do that we need to remove both parties from government. They have been tainted if not outright bought-and-sold and are clearly incapable of running the country --- irrespective of what person they use as a frontman.

We need a new direction with a leadership that is not already hard-wired to special interests. Only then can we pass the kinds of legislation that are needed to sever the special-interest stranglehold. People in office aren't going to do it since it is literally biting the hand that feeds them. There is very little time left if it's not already too late.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
More and more I'm thinking I will vote for Gary Johnson. Since not all states allow write ins, even if every single person in those states wrote in Ron Paul, he still wouldn't win. Gary Johnson has a better chance if we all unite behind him. It's time to spread the word.

For those who say this is a wasted vote, no...it really isn't wasted. If I didn't have Gary Johnson to vote for, I wouldn't vote anyway. In my mind and in the minds of many it doesn't matter whether Obama or Romney win, therefore contributing to the victory of one or the other makes no difference to us whatsoever. They both = failure. If anyone is wasting their vote it's those still voting for Obama or Romney. You don't get it. You're voting for the status quo no matter which of those two candidates you choose! It's still the same puppeteers behind the big curtain! The same people finance both campaigns! So why don't you guys stop wasting your vote and vote for someone who matters, help us bring down the status quo? Your country needs you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The republican party destroyed ron paul and margainialized the supporters to be wackos.

The republican party requires you now to vote for Mitt Romney.

Stop being a individual, you are obligated to vote establishment. You have been instructed.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Everyone also needs to keep in mind that if you are switching to 3rd party, make sure you register before the deadline! For example, in Colorado the deadline is Oct 9th.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Can someone explain why people need to register with a party. If you are registered to a certain party, are you required to vote only for that party?
Let's say I voted republican, but I am registered democrat, because of how I'm registered, would my vote go to democrats, despite my desire for republican?

Currently I'm registered as an independent, and I share libertarian principles. I was going to write in Ron Paul, but I am disappointing that he is considering running in 2016. He should be doing it now. To me, this sends the message that he doesn't want the office anymore.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by collietta

It depends on your State voting laws but mostly restrictioins apply to the primaries. For example, if you're registered Republican you can only vote on the Republican primary ballot. If you're Independent/Un-affiliated you choose which primary ballot you want. But in the actual election, there is only one ballot and you are free to vote for whomever you want irrespective of your party affiliation.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by collietta

Currently I'm registered as an independent, and I share libertarian principles. I was going to write in Ron Paul, but I am disappointing that he is considering running in 2016. He should be doing it now. To me, this sends the message that he doesn't want the office anymore.

I believe Ron Paul was joking about a 2016 run. He seemed to be saying, "just kidding" after that statement while the audience was cheering him. He would be 81 years old at the time of the 2016 elections. So go ahead and write him in then, or not. At this stage many libertarians are turning to Gary Johnson, and he could use our support. I would not be counting on Johnson winning the election but it may be the start of a rise for viable third-parties in future elections. It certainly would be a message to the Big Two and an indication to them they had better start including personal liberty in their platforms.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Thank you so much for explaining. The internet wasn't being too helpful or my search terms weren't right.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I also believe Ron Paul was joking. I'm not happy about it. Even if he did run again at the age of 81, he wouldn't get in office. No one would believe an octongenarian could handle the stresses of a Presidency without aging him even more.
I viewed it as a now or never thing for Dr. Paul. With Ron Paul not even willing to be a third party despite tremendous support, it sounds like he has given up and no longer has the desire to be president. I no longer want to write him in and I was discouraged to vote because I don't care for Obama or Romney's plans/policies nor their characters.

Thank you jtma508 for this thread, I've received enough information to consider looking into Gary Johnson to find out if I can vote for him with good conscious.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I'm voting for Gary Johnson but I thank Ron Paul for all he's done.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The plan is to get liberty minded people into office, politicians can adopt the ron paul plan, sound economy, no foreign intanglements, constitutional righs. Every four years, every two years, every year, throw as many libertarian candidates at them as possible, they can't vote fraud them all, even if they do it shows the corruption and the need to fight.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Highly disappointed in Dr.Paul. No third party has ever established anything in our election process. Nothing,nathan, nada. I hate to use the word "sellout" but at this point what other word should we use for Dr.Paul? Just how much money has he had donated to him running for Potus? Where does that money go?

If Dr.Paul thinks if the repubs win they'll audit the fed, Dr.Paul is trusting to a fault. It will never happen. Last best chance just throws in the towel, he knows how many folks want him to run third party. Letting alot of folks down. But stands by his party, that speaks volumes about Dr.Paul. Are we starting to feel used yet?
edit on 6-9-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If the Hypnotoad demands it, then I guess so. All Glory to the HypnoToad!

If Paul wanted to be legitimate he should have formed a 3rd party years ago anyone thinking He can change the Republican party is an idiot. The republican party is a shell of it's former self and destined to extinction.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If the communist would have ran on an independent ticket instead of riding the Republican Train, you wouldnt have written this question, would you?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ron Paul a communist? Wow, if you said Anarchist I would have been on board a bit, but he is the furthest thing from a communist. Please elaborate
edit on 6-9-2012 by TheHorseChestnut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
For those who are not aware Ron Paul ran as an Indepentent in 1988 and was more ignored and belittled than in 2012.
He ran as a republican in 2008 and 2012 and the MSM and GOP minimized him and his supporters.
For those who support Paul and his beliefs.... PROVE IT !
Vote , but not for Obama or Mittens, make your vote count against the two party illusion, let them know we don't
want to play that game anymore.
States that allow write-ins vote Paul, states that don't allow write-ins vote Gary Johnson.
Stand up, make a difference,stop letting the two partys make the choice for your selection for president, because with either choice there will be no change in policy; TSA, Patriot act, wire taps and drones.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
I will write in Ron Paul.

Beware of your State rules. Not all States allow write in votes. Mine does.

Write in vote Map of States

edit on 5-9-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

thanks for posting, I thought I could not write in in CT

I may write in andrew cuomo or christie

or spongebob

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Do what you want, your vote is your embodiment of who you are.

Some are writing in Ron Paul, some are now voting for and/or campaigning for Gary Johnson. Some may go towards Obama or Romney.

Me...I'm still undecided, Obama is going to win California, I may write in Ron Paul since we can now do that in California, there are people who have already signed onto be the 55 electors for Ron Paul here in CA.

Before you write in Ron Paul in your state, make sure with your secretary of state that your vote WILL be counted. We wrote in Ron Paul here in California but none of the San Bernardino votes were counted, which is very suspect.

From what I know, Gary Johnson recently polled at 5%.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
If the communist would have ran on an independent ticket instead of riding the Republican Train, you wouldnt have written this question, would you?

ok you're either trolling or incredibly ignorant.

I'm going with incredibly ignorant because I've never seen a Ron Paul hater call him a communist...he is the furthest from communism...lmao.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Highly disappointed in Dr.Paul. No third party has ever established anything in our election process. Nothing,nathan, nada. I hate to use the word "sellout" but at this point what other word should we use for Dr.Paul? Just how much money has he had donated to him running for Potus? Where does that money go?

If Dr.Paul thinks if the repubs win they'll audit the fed, Dr.Paul is trusting to a fault. It will never happen. Last best chance just throws in the towel, he knows how many folks want him to run third party. Letting alot of folks down. But stands by his party, that speaks volumes about Dr.Paul. Are we starting to feel used yet?
edit on 6-9-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

what the? lol

Ron Paul has not completely ruled out a third party run, he is worried about FUNDS and BALLOT ACCESS, without those two HE CAN'T WIN.

Jeez, nobody is ever satisfied with Ron Paul huh? 30 years of consistency and integrity to his oath to the Constitution and he is a sore loser for not ruling out a third party run and a sellout for not ruling out a third party run?

His efforts have exposed the military industrial complex and federal reserve bank to public scrutiny, these topics are no longer reserved only for conspiracy theorists but the average joe can now feel confident in questioning these issues yet you say Ron Paul USED us?

Why are you asking where his campaign money went? go to FEC and look for yourself, his campaign never went into debt, the man eats mcdonalds value meals on the campaign trail to save money, look at the accounting yourself, he ran the most financially responsible campaign out of all presidential candidates this year.

Dr. Paul isn't trusting the republicans to audit the fed, he is asking for AMERICANS to call their senators to help him pass it THIS YEAR. Where the hell do you get your information from? just make it up on the spot?

Look, its cool to be skeptical but not when you're just being straight up ignorant.

So yea, OPENYOURMIND.
edit on 6-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHorseChestnut
Ron Paul a communist? Wow, if you said Anarchist I would have been on board a bit, but he is the furthest thing from a communist. Please elaborate
edit on 6-9-2012 by TheHorseChestnut because: (no reason given)

this one
with this one
must read all of this one to make the connection

Now, you cannot read one sentence of this and call CRAP!

This is worthy of study to learn how America has fallen prey to any new movement to drive down the Pike. Just like Hope and Change.....did you see or get any?

After careful analysis both Helen Keller and Roy Orbison got it.

we must not however get caught into a lessor of 2 evils vote.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join