It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Ron Paul is out... Write-in? Wasted vote? What's the plan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
i'am voting for the guy who has no chance at all at winning.

genius.

how about we vote obama out of office.

or should we let a tyrant retain his position of power.

vote romny you i^%$s

That's like saying "vote Hitler and get Stalin out you idiots!" Real smart thinking there.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Ross
Perot

Wasted
Vote

We can't afford to waste away a critical election...

True.

It's Romney / Ryan 2012.

8 Year Term 2012 - 2020

We have a lot of work to do.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by Jeremiah65

For me the Constitution Party is way too Christian fundamentalist for my liking. On the one hand they espouse Constitutional liberties and then wrap them in Christian dogmatic restraints. Doesn't work for me.

edit on 5-9-2012 by jtma508 because: cause I type like crap

The Constitution party isn't for me either. You are correct, they are way too over the edge in the religion category. I know some espouse it's necessary, but I do not. The First Amendment is good enough for me...the freedom to choose or not choose your religion.

I am a Libertarian to the bone...but the fellow I was responding to had some issues with part of the Libertarian package so I suggested a party that might be more to his tastes. Kinda funny...Some folks say they want freedom until they personally disagree with someone else's freedom...then freedom is bad....whatever.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Agreed. Unless there are some late, unforseen changes and a new path presents itself I'd have to say I'm leaning toward Gary Johnson now that Ron Paul is a non-starter. In any case, I'll be pushing an aggressive 'anyone BUT Republicans or Democrats' policy this election. Probably a futile effort but far more worthwhile than just caving to TPTB.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Rorschach for President!

"Never Surrender. Not even in the face of Armegeddon!"

Seriously? Gary Johnson.

Tho, Rorschach would have excellent Foreign Relations.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
As Libertarians we`ll just have to keep swing-voting in accordance to the current lesser evil. The last election needed Bush and terrorism-paranoia removed and replaced with Obama. Obama was good for 4 years, but another 4 years will be devastating to the economy. So now its time for 4 years of Romney, and then hopefully, finally a Libertarian candidate. Libertarians can still be supported on a local level of course. Thats where I see their power anyway. The nationwide level is too collectivist to ever really move beyond the Dem-Rep game.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You are right there! We can not afford to waste any votes.
Wasted votes,or not voting,will probably go in obama's favor.
I will admit that I am not voting for Obama,I did so in 2008.I
am not voting for anyone who will wipe his behind with our
constitution.
To the PTB,remember to get my name right...M.a.m.a.b.e.t.h.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Obama solved the Bush problem, Romney will solve the Obama problem.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Obama solved the Bush problem, Romney will solve the Obama problem.

And therein create the 'Romney Problem'. I can't believe that purportedly intelligent people believe that the Republicans are going to do anything to better this country.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Gary Johnson is getting my vote. I just can't stomach Romney. ...and Obama has proven he's not the one.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

And therein create the 'Romney Problem'. I can't believe that purportedly intelligent people believe that the Republicans are going to do anything to better this country.

Well, someone will come along to fix the Romney problem. Thats been the nature of it since a long time.

I could imagine someday a part of the Dems and Reps split off of their parties to join the third Libertarian party. But society isnt ready for that yet.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I can't believe that purportedly intelligent people believe that the Republicans are going to do anything to better this country.

But you do see that Reps and Dems create very DIFFERENT TYPES of problems, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
for all of us Ron Paul supporters...i'm sad to say its completely over. even with write ins, he won't even get enough votes for his final count to be news worthy. he'll still come in last place behind actual third party candidates, which have much stronger following's than Paul.

if 'they' were screwing him in the primaries...its gonna be worse in the general election.

and four years is a long time when we are out in the wilderness running from the dogs, so i'm somewhat sad to say that 2016 is not much to look forward to.

we are truly at the end of an era. take care.
edit on 6-9-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
No way Obamney gets my vote. Either of them. As much as I absolutely HATE his support of imprisoned human life for profit(private prisons), I'll swallow that pill for the other things I support for Gary Johnson. Still puts him miles ahead of Obamney. Kinda bummed Ron Paul didn't make a bigger protest against the blatant corruption at the RNC.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

The republicans and democrats have governed America for the past 100 years, both partys have lead us to where we are today broke, corrupt and divided.
We all know what the problem is, Americas two party system is broken. Yet we close our eyes and cover our ears,
and continue to accept the two party illusion, and vote for the lesser of two evils.
Ron Paul has done the work of leading us to water, will we drink ?
VOTE, write in Ron Paul in states where you can, and where you can't, vote third party.
A wasted vote is continueing the charade of the two party system.
Prove we are done with this game.
If you really believe in Ron Paul and his ideas writing him in is not a wasted vote.
Drink the water not the kool-aid.
Vote Ron Paul !

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Voting is rarely about who you want to be in office, but more about who you can prevent from being in office any more. I will hold my nose to vote to stop the obvious race for the destruction of the US this administration is determined to perform so they can replace it with their version of a country.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Absolutely not. The problems may have the appearance of being different but it's the same thing: Dilution of our individual rights and the Constitution --- both parties. Catering to special interests, big business and banking at the expense of The People --- both parties. Expansion of government, government fraud and waste --- both parties. War profiteering --- both parties. Watering down of the currency --- both parties. Dereliction of their fiduciary responsibilities --- both parties. Driving legislation that provides inequitable advantages for the wealthy minority at the expense of the majority --- both parties. Personal enrichment while allegedly 'serving The People' --- both parties. Lying to The People to further agendas --- both parties. Selective enforcement of the law to benefit their benefactors --- both parties. Playing the role of $2 whore to the wealthy elite --- both parties.

Two sides of the same coin. Any difference is in packaging only.

edit on 6-9-2012 by jtma508 because: typos

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Any vote for Obama or Mittens is a vote for the continued destruction of America.
Wake up ! Both paths lead to the same ending .
What don't you people understand ?
Are you lemmings racing to the cliff ?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Any vote for Obama or Mittens is a vote for the continued destruction of America.
Wake up ! Both paths lead to the same ending .
What don't you people understand ?
Are you lemmings racing to the cliff ?

I've seen this third party & heard them yell. I have yet to see the revolution. I am beginning to wonder if they are registered voters.

I keep saying the Revolution begins when two people agree, and convince a third.

I'm not sure a filibuster is what we need. We certainly don't need ATF or DEA or whatever initialed agency is nosy about such things & feels we have to be stopped for antigovernment thinking.

......aaaand now I'm on a list.

Hello!?! Folks, we made the laws. We have to abide or overthrow. There no longer seems to be a middle ground.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Then in 4 years we can find some do#$hb@g to fix the Romney plan! I'm excited to be a part of this plan! Sign me up!!!! -sarc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join