It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fire' at French Fessenheim nuclear power station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

'Fire' at French Fessenheim nuclear power station

www.bbc.co.uk

A fire has broken out at a nuclear power station in France, leaving several people injured, emergency officials and media reports say.

Fire crews are dealing with the incident at the Fessenheim plant in eastern France near the German border.

Local government and fire service officials quoted by Reuters said the cause was an "involuntary chemical reaction".

The power station has the oldest nuclear reactors in France.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com
uk.reuters.com

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i am not sure what an "involuntary chemical reaction" refers to but this sounds pretty serious as it has involved immediate casualties and a fire.

We can usually expect incidents like this to be more serious than presented so this may have some way to go, despite claims that everything is "under control".

Bladdy nuclear, always giving us trouble, when will we learn to get rid of the dratted stuff.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

It is when things like this happen that I wonder were are all the independent journalist and citizen journalist who could get close to the area and get some radiation readings to see if there has been any leaking.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I already posted this here but alas received no interest pah. I avoided breaking 'alternative' news as well because I didn't think it was alterantive enough. Oh well. As long as people know thats all that matters

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Yeh sorry fifty, you must have posted as I was tinkering. Lets use your thread to discuss and update.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Seems there was no "fire" but rather an uncontrolled steam escape when "hydrogen peroxide reacted with water in a reservoir", with two minor burns casualties..

Hopefully, it is nothing serious and certainly sounds that way, but still worth keeping an eye on as we know the Nuclear industry at large has a habit of not being to open when it comes to the immediate aftermath of an incident.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Yeh sorry fifty, you must have posted as I was tinkering. Lets use your thread to discuss and update.

Very gracefully offered.... and obliged:

Please add your thoughts here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed

top topics

join