It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hints and symbolism in "how I met your mother"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I recently discovered a symbolism in "How I met your mother" series. One episode was about a Goliath National Bank (GNB), a fictional bank in the American TV sitcom How I Met Your Mother. In it, Goliath National Bank, "the world leader in credit and banking", is the bank where Barney Stinson is working.

This is their logo:

Logo contains inverted star - representing inverted pentagram. Inverted pentagram is known to be a symbol of satan.
Name "Goliath" comes from a character mentioned in the bible and quaran. These books speak of a battle between David and Goliath. According to a Bible, David was a god's champion and the second king of Israel. Goliath was associated with Satan - a huge philistines warrior.
*Note: Philistines are not palestinians.

In the same episode Barney stinson is singing clearly with intent sarcasm:

We'll be on your side when you need a friend
Through thick and thin, you can always depend
On the world leaders in credit and banking
Goliath National Bank!
(member FDIC)

in another episode Marshall called GNB "the most evil place in history"

Was this enough? "How I met your mother" gave us a hint about our banking system and who is behind it. Goliath National Bank features, both - name 'Goliath' and the inverted star. These symbols, as I said, represent satan.
I take this as a truth shown through hidden symbolism about our banking system wich is based on interests wich were forbidden by christian and muslim God long ago, But Zionists broke that 'rule' and infiltrated governments.

edit on 5/9/2012 by Fichorka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fichorka

I think they just went for the common image of big banks, not so much trying to warn or lift the veil.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarthaFocker

I think they just went for the common image of big banks, not so much trying to warn or lift the veil.

I don't think that actuall big banks use Inverted pentagram in their logos. They don't want to be that obvious. I guess... In "How I met your mother" they shown a bank's true image, not a common one.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yes, the Satan worshippers are trying to influence the "intelligent" minds of people who watch "How I met your Mother"! I fear "The Real Housewives of Washington D.C." is the endgame! lol

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

By common image I meant the way we as people perceive banks, as money grabbing entities. It's just a charicature.

Btw, check this page and see how many banks have that actual symbol in their logo,

www.google.nl... _AUoAQ&biw=888&bih=51
edit on 5-9-2012 by MarthaFocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

Yes, the Satan worshippers are trying to influence the "intelligent" minds of people who watch "How I met your Mother"! I fear "The Real Housewives of Washington D.C." is the endgame! lol

Are you nutts? That is not an evil plan by satanists lol. It's normal people who perhaps knows what's going on and tried to tell to viewers the truth about banks through their show "How I met your mother".

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

No it's not.

It's just like Spin City.

Are the producers of that show trying to tell us that mayers and city councils are only about reelection, spin and wasting taxpayer money, or are they playing into the common knowledge that they are?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
while I agree with most of the posts in response- I will say having watched season 1 to the most recent episode in several sittings back to back there are incidents of symbolism. Whether or not it is intentional or just to have us chatting is beyond me.

other symbols I have noticed-

-there is an owl either in artwork or a sculpture in nearly every interior on the show.
- Et Arcadia Ego was framed in the shot behind the main character repeatedly throughout an episode. I have a screenshot somewhere but in case you don't know the painting or its bizarre symbolism click here-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fichorka

Originally posted by trysts

Are you nutts? That is not an evil plan by satanists lol. It's normal people who perhaps knows what's going on and tried to tell to viewers the truth about banks through their show "How I met your mother".

It sounds like "normal people" are scarier than banks! Those normal people responsible for the existence of "How I met your mother" are not to be trusted

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
While the story of David and Goliath is symbolic, i dont believe the intention was to depict God vs. Devil. It is explaining how a small seemingly harmless man can beat a much bigger stronger man with intelligence and inginuity. Nobody now and especially in biblical times would suggest that the devil is more prominent and more powerful than god, that defies what God is or is supposed to be.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
While the story of David and Goliath is symbolic, i dont believe the intention was to depict God vs. Devil. It is explaining how a small seemingly harmless man can beat a much bigger stronger man with intelligence and inginuity. Nobody now and especially in biblical times would suggest that the devil is more prominent and more powerful than god, that defies what God is or is supposed to be.

Actually that's not correct. I have known many christians who believe that satan was given power over this world until the battle of armageddon when jesus will return to set things right. This is just one dogmatic dance around how a loving god can allow evil to exist in the world. I also kind of disagree with the premise. You are correct, i think, that big-guy-versus-little-guy is the message they were trying to get across in that one. However, the theme of the evil tyrant/bully versus the defender of the people very much touches on the main themes of the christian story (at least the god/jesus vs satan part).

It was mentioned that there is a lot of symbology etc. Do keep in mind you're watching a show about a group of young, well-to-do (reasonably wealthy), well-connected professionals. The exact kind of people who are often associated with secret societies. Not saying that's what this is, or that the characters are supposed to be, or anything like that... just that it seems like one semi-plausible explanation.

Or it's just playing up cultural stereotypes and they have a Skull and Bones decorator. IDK.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

In order for God to give the devil power over earth he has to have the power to give it which makes him the supreme being. Just going off what i remember here not trying to say i know im correct. Then keep in mind not all christians believe the same thing. My education relates to catholics.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Could you describe what it felt like to discover the hints and symbolism in my thread about it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

In order for God to give the devil power over earth he has to have the power to give it which makes him the supreme being. Just going off what i remember here not trying to say i know im correct. Then keep in mind not all christians believe the same thing. My education relates to catholics.

I would, logically, assume that to be correct.

I was just pointing out that there is a view alternate to the one you presented.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sorry, I meant to write:

To be clear, i was in no way addressing this part of your statement:

Nobody now and especially in biblical times would suggest that the devil is more prominent and more powerful than god, that defies what God is or is supposed to be.

However, this is not entirely correct either. It is likely true that the predominant belief has always been that God is more powerful, it may be worthy to note that some of the early christian groups believed EXACTLY this (reversal of power) They believed that the YHVH of the Old Testament was a cruel and vengeful deceiver god, that was inferior to "Satan"

This is the paraphrased "gist" of a group or two I've read about....

edit on 6-9-2012 by iwilliam because: clarity

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to [url= by Fichorka[/url]

the christian, muslim, and jewish god are the same being. Christians have simply added the concept of the trinity.
I'm guessing 'zionists' are luciferians which would explain how the material world is so enchanting to them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Intersting I was unaware. It always amazes me how easy it is for us to believe illogical and sometimes ridiculous things carried only by the concept of faith. I'm not only saying in regards to religion but all sorts of belief structures.

Maybe faith is really our defect, it seems to disappoint more often than not.

top topics

join