It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time lurker,Love to learn,have read encyclopedias front to back,and of course I have strange ex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I found this site about two years ago when looking for info on MK-ULTRA and the Monarch project. I came here and found a link to Cathy O'brien's full story and was blown away, so I came back looking for info on other topics as well. There is a lot of great info here; also a lot of dangerous gibberish and misleading post titles; but that is the nature of beast, isn't it.

I have always enjoyed learning and have had an intense burning desire in my heart for truth seeking since I was a small child. A lot of it stemmed from seeing the defenseless (children,animals,the infirm,mentally retarded,the elderly) being beaten down,abused, and taken advantage of by authority figures and I know all LEOs, doctors, psychiatrists, and social workers aren't bad, however, a disproportionate amount are sick twisted people who abuse their power and authority, making it difficult for the good ones to do their jobs because the bad ones are all in their little cliques and will do anything to protect their fellow clique members, no matter how horrendous their behavior is.

This feeling is from personal experiences and first hand accounts; not just what I happen to hear or read about. I have many stories to share and look forward to discussing them with you all.

On the flip side of the coin I am also curious about my family history. My grandfather was a pilot in the airforce, then a scottish rite freemason, and also a shriner. As was my great-grandfather. My great-grandmother was a memeber of the Order of the Easten Star. My great uncle was also an airforce pilot and still flies. He has been flying commercial flights for Delta for about the last 25 years or so and was very politically involved with Newt Gengrich until a few years ago. He made huge campaign donations and hosted some parties at his home in Georgia.

I find it strange that NO one in my family is the least bit interested in these things. When I bring them up (most of the older folks in my family have passed and the older ones still living are far away so we seldom have the chance to talk) to my cousins , aunts, uncles, and even brothers and sisters they give me a look like I am speaking a foreign language and they are just humoring me. A lot of them think I am a little nuts. I guess it's because I prefer books to television and trout fishing to football games. I am a woman and all of my life I have had two or three very close female friends.

Other than that I prefer male company and I don't get along with most women. I have nothing against them, but most of the women I encounter can converse about superficial uninteresting topics for hours on end, giving me a headache, and they talk about nothing but themselves. Try to change the subject and they will try to bring it right back to something about or involving them. If you do manage to get a word in edgewise, their eyes glaze over and it is quite obvious that they aren't listening to a word you are saying or they will actually start texting or some dumb [SNIP] like that. They also pride themselves on [SNIP] unavailable men, There can be a whole room full of single men , but these women will only go after the ones that are married or in a rlationship; for some reason they feel they have won a contest and it boosts their pathetic ego. It's really quite sad that they don't realize the fact that a man will drastically lower his standards for a one night stand; which is all these encounters turn out to be. I don't like to be associated with women like that. Of course sex is fun! It always will be. But why ruin a marriage to boost your ego? It speaks volumes as to their overall character and usually indicates an extremely insecure, needy, high strung, shallow person , and people like that cause nothing but trouble and they suck you dry of your energy.

Sorry for such a long post , but it's the introductions forum and I thought you guys should know that I am here to learn, use my critical thinking skills, share some interesting and downright creepy out of this world experiences, and have fun while doing so. I try not to take myself too seriously. When you do that it tends to cause you to lose sight of the objective---know what I mean??? Feel free to ask me any questions !

ETA: I made numerous paragraph breaks , but after posting the text looks a lot different. Sorry if it's hard to read.

edit on 5-9-2012 by bangoli because: to explain text

***MOD NOTE EDIT***
Added breaks to post, snipped profanity please review the below link and the post I made further down for more information.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors - Please Review This Link.

edit on 9/5/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bangoli

Welcome to your new addiction....buckle up, enjoy the ride....

Des

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes, very hard to read, wall of text! Welcome to ATS, see you out on the boards.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thank you very much for your welcomes and putting up with the wall of text. I really did try. Whatever. I'll figure it out. Later!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I could read an encyclopedia 30 times front to back but only be able to retain a tenth of the information lol. Welcome aboard, you dont have to be einstein to get around and grow fame on here but it helps

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, cues the music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome bangoli

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from & to add your thoughts to right now. Once you have achieved a minimum of 20 post replies, you'll be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

top topics

join