It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US accuses BP of 'gross negligence' in 2010 oil spill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Does anyone else think the term "understatement" is appropreate here ??

I don't know where these guys are standing, but I think I smell white wash from here.

I am, however, surprised it only took them 2 years to figure out the obvious.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is political fodder to wash the current administration clean from the soiling it took by honoring corporate sovereignty over the well-being of their citizens... I won't belabor the ugly and corrupt reasons why it was handled as it was.

Suffice to say, after the courts and the DOJ make some sabre-rattling noises... it will be "settled" with - and I emphasize this - NO ADMISSION OF WRONGDOING....

You will find cross-suits, and even I dare say "counter-suits" to obfuscate the plain and grotesquely simple truth...

In a corporate mercantile state run by a cabal subordinate to robber barons - there is no "issue about the population" other than PROFIT.

And no, it's not Obama's fault... but he could have stood up for us THEN - when he was supposed to... not NOW just for the political theater...

The Republican's are going to use this too.... just sit back and enjoy the show.... in the end they want it to be just like TV... once they media stops reporting on it... it is "gone" from the minds of the herd.... oooh look ... something shiny!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The whole U.S government should be removed from operation. that were complacent in the still ongoing disaster in the gulf, and didnt give two shats as long as palms were being greased, or should I say oiled?. they let the perpetrator be in charge of cleaning up a crime scene, but as you well know it is an election year. maybe by 2016, they will tell us something else that is all ready well known and pretend its breaking news.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
About time that something close to the obvious was stated OFFICIALLY rather than rumors on the internet.

Here are the things that annoyed me the most:

1)it was designated as a crisis of national significance RATHER THAN A NATIONAL EMERGENCY! That means less resources were provided to contain the oil volcano than necessary and less funds were provided for cleanup. Alternatively the avian flu WAS designated as a national emergency rather than a crisis of national significance. Only a few people died as a result of the whole overblown deal.

2)They are STILL allowing offshore drilling WITHOUT there being a RELIABLE way to cap-off out of control wells.
Sure BP took unnecessary chances to save time and money, but the government keeps allowing this reckful behavior due to the greed factor of profit.

3)They dumped corexit which itself is MORE TOXIC than the oil itself. They were using dispersants to cover-up the immense magnitude of the volcano FOR MONTHS. This corexit might also affect weather patterns in the long run causing draughts and floods.

4)They put public relations and saving money AHEAD of everything else.

Nuclear energy and natural resource exploration should be a public endeavor. Sure the government can be wreckful itself but at least it has many more resources to combat emergencies if and when they develop. Profit should not come first everywhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Suffice to say, after the courts and the DOJ make some sabre-rattling noises... it will be "settled" with - and I emphasize this - NO ADMISSION OF WRONGDOING....

So if you enter a "no contest" plea that somehow averts BP from going to court on criminal charges?

HUMILIATING the management who made those horrible cost saving decisions IS HALF THE FUN!
edit on 5/9/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
how about fining them $500 billion and saving it for the next bank bailout.

it's a win/win situation.

if the u.s. really wanted to they collect by doing what they do best. freezing bp assets and american bank accounts.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
1. Where were the complaints WHEN it happened? Obama was down here. Fema was down here. They worked with BP.

Oh, wait, it's election year. Democrats got to hate on some oil people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join