It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i saw a shadow person feb 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Yes, there is.

And what way might that be?

I'll look into the subject you mentioned, but I am skeptical of those results.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Shadow People are real Melvin.

THere are two types in my opinion. The type that skitter around in the corner of your vision. They are small and sorta formless although roughly human shaped. I think they are more like intelligent spirits or ghosts. They seem to not want to me seen. usually they hide out in parts of the house people are not currently occupying. I grew up in a haunted house in the hollywood hills that had many of these. They are harmless but the fact they don't want to be seen made me not trust them.

The other type of shadow person is a full out wraith. I believe they are interdimensional or something similar. I have no idea what these guys are about. I have an experience with one that I can still remember in vivid detail. As a late teen my family had moved out from the house in the hollywood hills and to a cute house in an area of Los Angeles called Toluca Lake. THis house didn't seem haunted but as years went on some weird stuff happened ghost wise there. Nothing bad but some of it creepy.

So this interdimensional shadow person story:

It was around 8:30-9ishPM and I was alone in our backyard. The backyard had a pool and between the pool and the house was a cement patio that went all the way over to the property wall with our neighbor. We had a few flood lights to light up the backyard, patio and pool area on at the time.

So I'm standing on the far side of the pool away from the house. I'm looking up at the sky for some reason don't know why, and suddenly the sky turns into a negative image of it's self. The stars turned into black dots and the sky turned into a sepia color. This happened very briefly maybe a second or two. Then my attention was immediately brought to the patio area by the house.

From the cinderblock wall that separated our side yard and the neighbors, fully illuminated by the flood light, a black oily blob "oozed" out of the wall almost like it was on a conveyor belt being pushed through the wall.. The blob was about the size of a man crouching. It then, stood up to turn into a well built muscular man about 6 foot tall. The man was now completely matt jet black. It looked like it had no dimensions like a 2 dimensional picture of a person, but when it moved you could see it's contours changing like it was indeed 3 dimensional but so black that all light was absorbed that hit it. It reflected no light from the flood light that was shining almost directly on it.

It took two or three steps on the cement patio toward our patio door to the house's living room. It was walking on the patio's surface not floating or hovering. Around step three it stopped in mid stride and turned towards me cocking it's head to the side as if to say, WTH is this. It was looking right at me. although it had no eyes or features it was obvious we were in a dead lock stare with each other. He looked at me for a second or so, then simply turned waled back towards the wall, crouched down and "oozed" back into the wall presumably into my neighbors side yard.

The whole time I saw this thing it didn't do any threatening body language. It actually looked like it was confused at to what it was seeing regarding me. It felt like he was shifted into our reality for a few seconds and then he left. The whole time my parents were inside the house a few rooms over from the living room and the living room had 4 dogs sleeping in there at the time. None of them noticed anything. Whatever this thing was it was dead quiet when it moved.

Still have no idea what it was.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've seen both ghosts that look like people and shadow or smoke entities. It's funny but the times I've seen ghosts i haven't actually been as much scared as surprised and confused. But the time me and my wife have seen these shadow people,,on two separate occasions, we've both been very scared. Its as if seeing and experienceing a ghost is different from a shadow person encounter.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway
Sorry. But unless you have looked into the vast numbers of instances of this phenomenon from all over the world, and through history, I think making the assumption that these things are all in your head is demeaning.

Why is that demeaning? Out of body experiences / seeing a tunnel in near-death situations feel "real" too, but there is a scientific explanation and it can now be "artificially" created.

Probably everybody have experienced a Deja Vu. They too seem very "real", but are not. Nothing demeaning about that either.

I could list a number of experiments of different sorts that fool people thinking things that are not real.

As stated above, the human brain works in a way that causes certain things to be common among people. It's not that strange.

Knowing dogs somewhat, you can ask a dog "who's at the door?" to make him/her alert by the fact that there's a potential intruder.
Also, dogs are very good at reading people, so if you honestly get scared of a potential intruder, the dog will probably pick it up. This would explain why the dog was "in it".

Sounds reasonable?

Oh, and here's some scientific stuff around Shadow People:
www.cosmosmagazine.com...

I can see I'm dealing with a rational skeptic here - just like I once was. And I can listen and hear your arguments against these things. I made the "demeaning" comment because you said it was all in their heads. In other words, you dismissed an experience as being imagined by declaring it that.

Experience is a very good teacher, and until you have a few really juicy, verifiable ones of your own, it really is quite easy to dismiss other peoples' as being woo woo.

Deja Vu not real? Are you saying deja vu or premonitions are never real? How odd. I'm serious when I say I'm baffled by that. Have you never had one, or known someone who has?

I looked at your link to the scientific explanation for shadow people. It was describing a person who had electric shocks administered to her head, right? Hallucinations of an attached shadow image ensued. This isn't really close to the experiences of most (actually any) people seeing shadow people. They just see them.

As far as my friend's dog goes, they were just watching TV when this thing walked by and out the closed door. Dog went nuts. He had his hair raised along his spine and was barking like a crazy thing. Tried to rush the closed door. There was no sound outside or from the shadow person. I know my friend tried to calm him down. He's ex military, also ex law enforcement and doesn't let much mess with him, but he was shaking in his boots after this. Third person anecdotal - I know. But I trust this guy.

Over the past 10 years or so, I've had an intense curiosity about these types of things simply because of personal experiences of various unexplainable things. I don't reach for the paranormal explanation first, but I've seen enough (If you'd like to know what, I have posted a few on here) to keep the door open to the possibilities.

Shadow people are just very commonly reported, and it's not that the brain simply works in ways that creates a common experience. People 'see' them. Perhaps, they see them psychically. Perhaps they actually see them with their eyes. I don't know. But they see them. Neither my daughter or sister are even remotely interested in the paranormal. Daughter was terrified of her experience. Sister was simply puzzled and interested in what it was she saw.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
YEah I'm pretty sure I didn't receive an electric shocks to my head just prior to when I saw what I did. It was not a hallucination. I doubt a good majority of the other people reporting their experiences were hallucinating either. Whatever it is we're all seeing it is real in some shape or form.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't know what the heck it was, but about 8 years ago, I was sitting on my bed watching TV. My dog (a large black lab) was laying next to me when all of a sudden, she started growling at the hallway door (that was open)... Hair raised and obviously upset at something, she jumped off the bed and ran for the door, growling like I've never heard before. Just as she started through the door she let out a VERY loud yelp and sprinted back to the bed.

At that point I was mad, so I grabbed a shotgun and went after whoever broke in and hit my dog.... Turning on every light in the house revealed no one, no unlocked doors or windows, nothing. I went back to my room and she was still shaking, with the look of "sorry dad, I did something wrong"... Not sure what that was all about, but it freaked me out a little!

If I do see a shadow person, I'll try to catch it and get pics for y'all. Pretty sure a redneck can whoop a shadow persons a$$.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How does this fit with your other thread on hearing voices?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
im wondering if the voice could of been from the shadow being.....its a long shot but im wondering if they chose to show us there form, when they dont are they still in the same space but unseen by our eyes, if this is possible it would explain the voices

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It makes sense to me melvin. Maybe sometimes it's phase shifted into our reality enough to show it's body. Maybe other times only enough or in only such a way as to make sound transmission through the ether or whatever possible.

My theory is though that if they are in visual form then they can't make sound somehow or the sound doesn't transmit across the dimensions or something because they make zero sound and this thing was walking at one part through the small shrubs and plants by the cinderblock wall. It also appeared although walking on the ground to not disturb the plants at all. But you'd think from the dead leaves that collect at the bottom of the wall I'd have heard a few crunch under his foot falls but nope.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

From what I have seen (from others' accounts) I don't think they typically make noise. And if they tend to vanish through walls, or simply vanish in thin air, I'd not expect any disturbance of things like leaves.

If you want a lot more anecdotal stories, you can Google "shadow person," or "hat man," another variation.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i do think the dimension aspect plays a part in the way they walk through walls doors and objects im guessing they vibrate at a higher level than 3d this allows there molecules to simply travel past our solid objects all just random theory but explains why they make no sound

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by melvin2012
from what iv read on here shadow people dont need keys or need to open doors,

Of course not because it's all in your head.

Can you support your claim with evidence?

I think not.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I can see I'm dealing with a rational skeptic here

I wouldn't like to call myself a skeptic in this case, I'm merely not "impressed" by this shadow-people concept because we have enough knowledge of the brain today to say that these things are created inside a person's head.
The scientific method is fantastic that way, that it tries to eliminate the personal footprint in a work, and make sure we observe the nature, document what we see and make experiments repeatable.

If I told you that God is an indestructible white horse, except the left head (there's three) is brown, and only the size of a ordinary wooden chair and he normally does not appear to people.
In the scientific sense, the above statement is irrelevant. Science is not "skeptic" about it. It simply doesn't care.

However, when it comes the shadow-people, science DOES have something to say about it, mostly indirectly, but also in part directly. As a whole, it too makes the "shadow-people" concept irrelevant, because it's already explained on another level.

I'll proceed commenting your post and add explanations of the above in them. If I have more to say after that, I'll add it in the end. Sounds good?

- just like I once was. And I can listen and hear your arguments against these things. I made the "demeaning" comment because you said it was all in their heads. In other words, you dismissed an experience as being imagined by declaring it that.

Yes, I can understand that it could be hurtful to say someone's hallucinating (or whatever term might be the most suitable, I don't know), as it could imply that one's gone crazy, unless they've taken drugs that cause hallucinations, no?
However, taking the scientific approach, I have to bring up the facts on reasons why these hallucinations appear. I can't agree on someone's story for the sake of not hurting him/her, correct? In this case the factual reasons on why the person saw these things happen to have an explanation like this. It is not my fault.

Experience is a very good teacher, and until you have a few really juicy, verifiable ones of your own, it really is quite easy to dismiss other peoples' as being woo woo.

You are correct. Experience is a very good teacher. And the combined experience of these cases have taught us something. Namely, that they are occurring in the patients' heads.

Also, I would like to add that it might also be an interesting experience for people who have experienced "Shadow-people" and thinking at them as such, to try out hallucinatory drugs to see that the same and/or similar encounters can be created whenever you want.

Deja Vu not real? Are you saying deja vu or premonitions are never real? How odd. I'm serious when I say I'm baffled by that. Have you never had one, or known someone who has?

I expressed myself hastily (nor is English my mother tongue, nor do I live in a country where it's spoken), sorry.
Yes, I have experienced Deja Vus, mostly when I was younger. Remember having one the other week, though.
I can describe it as a sudden sensation that whatever the situation I'm in, it has happened before. But together with this sensation, I just can't put my finger on when or where this happened previously.

So yes, of course it's possible that in some instances, this sensation is created because it HAS happened before AND that you HAVE forgotten where or when it happened.

But we know today that this typical Deja Vu feeling is created on the spot from this very event, thanks to, among others, people who have a conditions where Deja Vus are extremely frequent.

I looked at your link to the scientific explanation for shadow people. It was describing a person who had electric shocks administered to her head, right? Hallucinations of an attached shadow image ensued. This isn't really close to the experiences of most (actually any) people seeing shadow people. They just see them.

You mean, that they don't interact with them? In that case, they should be even "simpler" hallucinations?
I did a quick search and found this as the first hit. It mentions even violent encounters:
www.paranormalpeopleonline.com... o-the-spotlight/

Continues.. running out of characters.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

As far as my friend's dog goes, they were just watching TV when this thing walked by and out the closed door. Dog went nuts. He had his hair raised along his spine and was barking like a crazy thing. Tried to rush the closed door. There was no sound outside or from the shadow person. I know my friend tried to calm him down. He's ex military, also ex law enforcement and doesn't let much mess with him, but he was shaking in his boots after this. Third person anecdotal - I know. But I trust this guy.

Clearly this was scary for the guy (shaking in his boots), so it's not strange that his reaction set off his dog too.
It is also hard to say who "reacted" first.
Dogs are used to help epileptic people, as they are able to notice changes in behavior well before the person is aware of a coming seizure. So, the dog could have reacted to the sudden change in your friend's state, be it mood, alertness.. He suddenly got scared and maybe did other things he's weren't aware of while hallucinating?

I understand that you trust the guy. And I have no reason to doubt that he made this up either.
You mentioned that he doesn't get scared easily because he's ex military / ex law enforcement. However, that is also a potential reason for seeing things like this. It's well known what life threatening jobs can do to you.
I'm not saying this is the reason. I'm saying that on top of everything else, this does not make things that we can explain by science less likely.

Over the past 10 years or so, I've had an intense curiosity about these types of things simply because of personal experiences of various unexplainable things. I don't reach for the paranormal explanation first, but I've seen enough (If you'd like to know what, I have posted a few on here) to keep the door open to the possibilities.

Look at the crazy guy in the local loony-house. Because he sees things constantly, they are true?
If you see things you can't explain occasionally, they are true?

Once more, we can explain why people "see" things quite well today. It's a fact, people "see" things.
And we can even mess with the brain so that people "see" things.

This is sometimes a medical conditions for the exact reason that these things that do not exist feel "real" to them.
Some people get this rarely. Some people get very horrible hallucinations, end up killing 3 people with a sword. We call those "psychosis".

Shadow people are just very commonly reported, and it's not that the brain simply works in ways that creates a common experience. People 'see' them. Perhaps, they see them psychically. Perhaps they actually see them with their eyes.

No, they don't see it with their eyes. Because they're not there.

I don't know. But they see them. Neither my daughter or sister are even remotely interested in the paranormal. Daughter was terrified of her experience. Sister was simply puzzled and interested in what it was she saw.

One reason for seeing Shadow-people is schizophrenia, which runs in the family. Of course, other conditions that cause hallucinations do too.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by baruch60610

Can you support your claim with evidence?

I think not.

Read my other posts to see why we know it's in OP's head.

If he has another view on it, the burden of proving it is in his hands.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

i do think the dimension aspect plays a part in the way they walk through walls doors and objects im guessing they vibrate at a higher level than 3d this allows there molecules to simply travel past our solid objects all just random theory but explains why they make no sound

What do the higher dimensions of space consist of, and how do they negate the three other space-dimensions while being perpendicular to these?
Yet, they are clearly projected properly to these three known dimensions (since you can see them).
And how does the sound come into it?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
as much as a copout as it is many of the awnsers we seek we wont find while looking from the perspective of where we are now, i truly believe we are we have a lot to learn and what scientists believe to be the only awnser is far from that, the reason other dimensions are higher is because theres more understanding of the mechanics of how the universe really works so maybe untill we actully gain entrance to these dimensions we wont know-understand

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

i truly believe we are we have a lot to learn and what scientists believe to be the only awnser is far from that

Science does not believe in "the only answers". Science does not dictate. Science observes the facts of nature.

, the reason other dimensions are higher [..]

What do you mean "other dimensions are higher"? How is one dimension "higher" than another?
Could you please tell me your definition a single dimension, that might help.

, [the reason other dimensions are higher] is because theres more understanding of the mechanics of how the universe really works

The reason why "other dimensions are higher" is due to the fact that there is more understanding how the universe really works. The understanding is in the higher dimensions? The immaterial know-how is physically in "higher dimensions"?
Could you please explain it in some way that makes sense?

so maybe untill we actully gain entrance to these dimensions we wont know-understand

Entrance? How are we not within these dimensions?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
when i think of dimensions below ours is obviously 2 and 1 i think of them like school, so 3d where we are now is the last yr of secondary, after this we go to college where we carry on learning and whilst there we find out more than we did at school.....hence when being in 5d we are in a higher dimension, im not sure how i would define a dimension.

The reason why other dimensions are higher...those beyond 1...2..and.....3 i dont mean in a look up they are above you rather they are outside our limited understanding, its about conciousness the more you have the farther you progress and difforent levels of dimensions you go.

We are within these dimensions but we are at a low level on the third dimension from a conciousness point of view.....this is all just what i think but can you see what im trying to say, again speculation speculation but to me it makes sense.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I don't know. But they see them. Neither my daughter or sister are even remotely interested in the paranormal. Daughter was terrified of her experience. Sister was simply puzzled and interested in what it was she saw.

One reason for seeing Shadow-people is schizophrenia, which runs in the family. Of course, other conditions that cause hallucinations do too.

I'm quite enjoying the discussion, Consequence. I can tell you are a rational person, even if you are grasping at the materialist explanation. It's rather hard to do double blind, controlled studies of these things in a laboratory setting, no? Although some psi events HAVE been recorded and repeated under those conditions, normally this is difficult because the events are unpredictable.

As far as my family members go, you only have my word that there is no history of mental illness that I'm aware of, even back 3 generations.

My daughter and sister have never displayed weird behavior. My daughter, however has always had a kind of sense of events about to happen. She laughs about it, but it's really interesting. Not deja vu, but premonitions.

Long story, but she has 'predicted' dumb stuff seconds before it happens. My father, also, would always say, "There's going to be a loud noise." And 4 or 5 seconds later there would be. He did that all my life. So, maybe that is familial. The events are always confirmed ahead of time by them announcing them. It happened happens frequently enough.

My husband is an empath, and that is interesting. Again, many times he tells me what he is getting, and then it is confirmed later as being true.

I've seen objects move on their own. I have no explanations for how or why. But it just happened in plain view.

There is more. But space doesn't allow, and i don't want to derail the thread. I just wanted to say that science measures what it can, but there are no tools as yet that can measure psi. Experiments have been designed to measure the effects, but how does one measure something that is as amorphous as sensing?

I believe that most of this so-called sixth sense sensing cannot be measured, but only experienced and felt. Our brains receive information and have to make sense of it somehow. Pareidolia can only go so far to explain the resulting impressions.

"Shadow people" is simply a term that somebody came up with to identify an entity or entities that repeatedly manifest to people. Who knows if all of them are the same? Who knows what they are? All we know is that this is a very commonly reported event, and all the people who see them can't be lumped into drugged or delusional categories. Neither my daughter nor my sister are either of those things.

The universe is full of unkowns. We have to be pretty arrogant to believe that science has all the answers. What we consider paranormal, is probably normal but just very hard to sense for most people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join