It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sumerian 'Flood-Storm' weapon.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by freedomwv

Multi-directional firing might be what is represented in the illustrations, again though i don't see any evidence for the Sumerians having had such a weapon themselves, it is only ever seen and described in conjunction with Ninurta.

Like i said it's worth considering transmission of this tradition Eastward through Dravidian Elam in Iran, into Harappan India. This is a piece from central Iran that intrigued me, around 2nd millenium BC in date.

reply to post by Logarock

I don't see rain mentioned though, it is destruction by fire that envelops the land like a flood.

reply to post by Bilk22

Yes that corresponds with the literary descriptions, shaped like a winged macehead.

edit on 10-9-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

By the way, notice the central figure there.......and note how often in the american codex the central figure is made in the same fashion........some weapon or device lifted aove the head and some other idem in the other......and even in some cases foot on the fallen foe or foe in some position of submission. As well they are found with some sort of entourage, as in the above, in similar postions and iconography. (note Paris Codex)
edit on 11-9-2012 by Logarock because: g

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Yea but the text mentioned hurricain..... by the way is the Mayan word for Orion also know as "heart of the sky"....an aspect of his power is hurricains.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Logarock because: a

edit on 11-9-2012 by Logarock because: a

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by freedomwv

Multi-directional firing might be what is represented in the illustrations, again though i don't see any evidence for the Sumerians having had such a weapon themselves, it is only ever seen and described in conjunction with Ninurta.

Like i said it's worth considering transmission of this tradition Eastward through Dravidian Elam in Iran, into Harappan India. This is a piece from central Iran that intrigued me, around 2nd millenium BC in date.

Note the figure to the far left......now compare this figure and the total of the iconography with that of the Narmer Palett. Narmer was none other than someone form the Summerian royals on a mission to bring the city states of Egypt under thumb. The Scorpian royal icon is found in summerian seals as well. And it shouldnt suprise really.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

There is certainly elements of Sumerian iconography in early Dynastic Egypt, including as you say the Narmer Palette, though interestingly those same influences appear to trace back to Western Iran before Sumeria.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
Are there any records of other societies mentioning this weapon of the Sumerians? If other cultures and societies mentioned the Sumerians having or using this weapon it would help in understanding exactly what this weapon was.

Zeus had his lightning bolts and lightning bolt scepter.

Indra had his thunderbolt weapon, Vajra, and the dart of Indra. (Maybe these were the same, I'm not sure...)

And Thor, Norse god of thunder and lightning had his hammer Mjölnir (hammer = mace perhaps?). Wikipedia says:

Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains.

Wikipedia article on Mjölnir

I used to think these were all specific to different cultures and different times, but some believe they all came from a common earlier Proto-Indo-European religion perhaps 7000 years ago:

Wikipedia article on Proto-Indo-European religion

That perhaps ties Zeus, Indra, and Thor together. And some tie Anu from Sumer in with them as well. Like the epic of Gilgamesh, a lot of the stories that were told and retold in later cultures have been around for a pretty long time.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

When Sarur and Sargaz of the sting of Scorpio are bright, the weapons of Akkad will come

it sounds like they are talking about UFOs coming from the direction of a constellation.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   
definitely ufos

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
"he tied together their hands with hirin grass"
Like the plastic ties the army use now?

this sounds like time tralers sending a army back.

"It raised itself on its wings to take away prisoner "
" it spun around the horizon of heaven to find out what was happening"
"After the heavenly mitum mace had roared against the foreign lands like a fierce storm"
a Helo.

edit on 30-6-2022 by buddha because: aliens

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
-- from Revelation 8

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join