It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Democrats drop 'GOD' and 'Jerusalem' from Party Platform

page: 6
15
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 

You missed the point. The democrats removed 'God' and 'Jerusalem' from their platform. Fine. Whatever. The point is that the democrats, when asked about it, feigned indignation and tried to change the subject and refused to discuss WHY. They were embarrassed or didn't even know why. Their fake outrage at being politely asked why their platform reads like it does was pathetic.




posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Photo proves DNC 'vote' was predetermined

Take a look at what Hannity found ... that vote that was taken to put God and Jerusalem back in the platform was predetermined. It was obvious to us all who were watching that the 'NO' votes were much louder, and yet the speaker said he determined the 'YES" votes to be at least 2/3 of the votes. BS!! The teleprompter shows it all ... all to be predetermined.

The vote was a lie. Yet another lie put out by the convention.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Photo proves DNC 'vote' was predetermined

Take a look at what Hannity found ... that vote that was taken to put God and Jerusalem back in the platform was predetermined. It was obvious to us all who were watching that the 'NO' votes were much louder, and yet the speaker said he determined the 'YES" votes to be at least 2/3 of the votes. BS!! The teleprompter shows it all ... all to be predetermined.

The vote was a lie. Yet another lie put out by the convention.


That was hilarious. He asked it 3 times!

Clearly, over half said " No."

But they rammed through the quick fix anyway!

The - Iron Fist of Socialism - has risen for all to see at the DNC.

Why even vote? - Hey, look. We have already made up our minds. This vote on the floor

is just a big joke. -

God and Jerusalem have been put back into the DNC platform.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I see the local Neocons are still grasping at contrived controversy


Ignoring the nightly benediction at the DNC and fact that Jerusalem is
not an American city.

In the name of Bill Cosby "DAWWWW"



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
I see the local Neocons are still grasping at contrived controversy


Ignoring the nightly benediction at the DNC and fact that Jerusalem is
not an American city.

In the name of Bill Cosby "DAWWWW"


Check Wikipedia. The Capital of Israel is Jerusalem.

Now the DNC platform is on the right page. They bowed to our pressure.

God is also back in the DNC platform.

All of the democrats looked like a bunch of clowns last night.




It ruined the whole DNC convention.

------------
As expected, Bill Clinton Made Obama look like a fool last night.


Clinton kept talking about - compromise -. Something Obama - never - does.


His speech was an ad for Hillary in 2016 !



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Why should God be in a political platform? Maybe they took it out because they are too principled to wrap themselves in religion for political gain like the Republicans do.

Remember, in America there is no requirement that I show respect for your God or even tolerance for your religious views. What you believe is your problem and your business, not mine. Resisting the knee-jerk reaction to mention God to please the religious is a sign of maturity for the Democrats.


ROFL, boy don't you feel silly now....

DNC Rams Flip Flop On Platform Back Through



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Here's a couple of videos featuring Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
Wasserman Schultz calls Jerusalem omission from platform 'technical error' By Daniel Strauss
thehill.com...
Anderson Cooper: DWS in 'alternate universe' By DYLAN BYERS
www.politico.com...



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


GOOD, there is no room for God in politics. There is a reason why the repbulican party gets called the Taliban nowadays. It's nice to see the democrats going in the opposite direction. Religion is dying in this country. They shall prevail.


edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


So, now that they've done a Kangaroo court version of a "vote" to put it back in... do you still support their "principled" stance?

Ridiculous, the DNC has become a complete joke at this point - they stand for nothing other than a circus of morons that are angry they're losing power.

At some point, the kooks need to STOP running the asylum. I'm honestly just so ashamed I voted for Obama in '08 and now, the chickens have come home to roost.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What was really telling for me was how loud it got in opposition to God at the convention. Clearly, the delegates didn't want this passed, but in true dictatorial form, it was rammed through, for the sake of the party, and getting Dear Leader re-"elected". Then, to top it off, when the Cuban woman spoke, and made the comment about how her family "escaped the Castro regime", you could have heard a pin drop. I guess those Democrats really don't want you saying anything wrong about their Communist thug idol, Castro.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
God was denied 3 times on the floor of the DNC. 3 times denied by the masses who were clearly louder than the believers.

Peter Denied Christ Three Times. Better known as the Denial of Peter...

“Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech betrayeth thee.” Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, “I know not the man.” And immediately the cock crew. And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, “Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.” (Matthew 26:71-75)


The Denial of Peter (or Peter's Denial) refers to three acts of denial of Jesus by the Apostle Peter as described in all four Gospels, including the three Synoptic Gospels, of the New Testament.[2]

All four Canonical Gospels state that during Jesus' Last Supper with his disciples, he predicted that Peter would deny knowledge of him, stating that Peter would disown him before the rooster crowed the next morning. Following the arrest of Jesus Peter denied knowing him three times, but after the third denial, heard the rooster crow and recalled the prediction as Jesus turned to look at him. Peter then began to cry bitterly.[3] This final incident is known as the Repentance of Peter.[4] Both the denial and repentance incidents have been the subject of major works of art for centuries.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just sayin' Dark days are brewing.... They denied Jerusalem as well... Not good...


During Holy week in Jerusalem, vigils at times stop at a location traditionally considered the location for the Repentance of Peter, not far from the house of the high priest Caiaphas, involved in the Sanhedrin Trial of Jesus.[21]



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It would appear that republicans and democrats r trying to split their constituents into two extremes. One side being bible-beating fundementalists, and the other side filled with people who r completely scientific-minded (the "if I cant see it, it doesn't exist" crowd). I think we all need to find a healthy middle ground between the two philophies. Don't have an open mind to the point where you're brain's falling out, but don't have it so shut that nothing new can get in. You don't have to be religious to believe in a higher source.
edit on 6-9-2012 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


GOOD, there is no room for God in politics. There is a reason why the repbulican party gets called the Taliban nowadays. It's nice to see the democrats going in the opposite direction. Religion is dying in this country. They shall prevail.


edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


So, now that they've done a Kangaroo court version of a "vote" to put it back in... do you still support their "principled" stance?

Ridiculous, the DNC has become a complete joke at this point - they stand for nothing other than a circus of morons that are angry they're losing power.

At some point, the kooks need to STOP running the asylum. I'm honestly just so ashamed I voted for Obama in '08 and now, the chickens have come home to roost.


After the Kangaroo Court rammed through the quick fix, Sandra Fluke played the

victim card, Elisabeth Warren played the socialist card and then Bill Clinton walked

out there and went on and on about compromise. Obama never compromises.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
God and religion have no place in politics.

You would think humanity would have outgrown superstitious nonsense by now.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble
 


Actually, umm you are most definitely expected to tolorate the beliefs of others in america. The founding fathers never encouraged anyone else to undemine, disprespect, or denounce someone elses beliefs. Simply to respect the fact that everyone has their own. As you expect people to respect your non-belief, so should you extend the same courtesy to believers. Im sure they penned the constitution with mutual respect in mind.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaiode1
reply to post by Grumble
 


Actually, umm you are most definitely expected to tolorate the beliefs of others in america. The founding fathers never encouraged anyone else to undemine, disprespect, or denounce someone elses beliefs. Simply to respect the fact that everyone has their own. As you expect people to respect your non-belief, so should you extend the same courtesy to believers. Im sure they penned the constitution with mutual respect in mind.


Oh no !

The liberals hate the Founding Fathers and their US Constitution.

- Freedom of Religion -

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is blasphemy to them.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I was in the barn all night assisting with my goats kidding for the early fall season so I am catching up right now.... Will be at this every night for next two weeks probably as my 100 pregnant goats deliver. 12 sets of twins and 4 triplets for those who are interested in that stuff. 10 Nannies and 6 Bills.

Anyway -
LOL this is classic - they leave it out. Then get lambasted for it. Debbie the Head Liar for the Party says it was a technical error. Sure Debbie sure – you won’t even admit to a lie when people have it on tape.

They do a voice vote on the floor - just about the most subjective way to decide something in parliamentary procedure. The "voices" as I heard it in the replay were if anything dead even IMO.

Yet their Latino poster boy decides the Aye's have 2/3 majority. Then we see that the screen in the background had already been pre-positioned with the platform amendment added.

Way to make a stand DNC. I'd have had more respect for you if you stood by it. I am not a Democrat - far from it but when you told the truth for once I was giddy. God's absence didn't bother me in the least. The Jerusalem thing was a poor foreign policy call for sure but of that the stance - more power to you.

So no my analysis as to why the quick changerooo. Blue dogs that are up for re-election would be sunk and they feared losing their tenuous hold on the Senate.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
God and religion have no place in politics.

You would think humanity would have outgrown superstitious nonsense by now.


In Obama's inaugural address, he said of America, "We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and nonbelievers."

At least nonbelievers were included - - - and - of course - - major dramz from the Right.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
God was denied 3 times on the floor of the DNC. 3 times denied by the masses who were clearly louder than the believers.



Except for the nightly benediction that closed every evening with a prayer.

They even preyed for you hateful sons of guns -
edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by jibeho
God was denied 3 times on the floor of the DNC. 3 times denied by the masses who were clearly louder than the believers.



Except for the nightly benediction that closed every evening with a preyer.

They even preyed for you hateful sons of guns -


AND the DNC elitists forced God & Jerusalem back into the platform with - everyone -

watching !

A clear majority wanted God purged from the DNC.

It looks like a small minority said the prayer.




posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Good for them.

If we dropped the bronze age myth from our politics and stepped into this century, we'd all be better off.




top topics



 
15
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join