It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Rothschild Giraffe Born

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

I knew that title would get your attention, but don't jump the gun just yet. According to Discovery news, a healthy baby Rothschild giraffe was born on July 4.

Why Rothschild? Apparently the first person to intensively study the species was a British man by the name of Walter Rothschild. I have no idea if he's related to the others or not, but I thought I'd share the pic of this beautiful baby anyway.

Here she is!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
And some people think animals are not smart or have feelings. I see more love in those Giraffe than I have seen from most humans in a long time!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Awww! What's cuter than a giraffe? A baby one! So sweet, thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Lionel Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild, Baron de Rothschild FRS[1] (8 February 1868 – 27 August 1937), a scion of the Rothschild family, was a British banker, politician, and zoologist.

wow, what a dick

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
And some people think animals are not smart or have feelings. I see more love in those Giraffe than I have seen from most humans in a long time!

Yes, that picture really shows the emotions animals have. That's why I wanted to share it...there's love everywhere if we will just take the time to look for it.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Lionel Walter Rothschild

As an active Zionist and close friend of Chaim Weizmann, he worked to formulate the draft declaration for a Jewish homeland in Palestine. On 2 November 1917 he received a letter from the British foreign secretary, Arthur Balfour, addressed to his London home at 148 Piccadilly. In this letter the British government declared its support for the establishment in Palestine of "a national home for the Jewish people". This letter became known as the Balfour Declaration.

en.wikipedia.org...

British Government

James Gelvin, a Middle East history professor, cites at least three reasons for why the British government chose to support Zionist aspirations. Issuing the Balfour Declaration would appeal to Woodrow Wilson’s two closest advisors, who were avid Zionists.

"The British did not know quite what to make of President Woodrow Wilson and his conviction (before America's entrance into the war) that the way to end hostilities was for both sides to accept "peace without victory." Two of Wilson's closest advisors, Louis Brandeis and Felix Frankfurter, were avid Zionists. How better to shore up an uncertain ally than by endorsing Zionist aims? The British adopted similar thinking when it came to the Russians, who were in the midst of their revolution. Several of the most prominent revolutionaries, including Leon Trotsky, were of Jewish descent. Why not see if they could be persuaded to keep Russia in the war by appealing to their latent Jewishness and giving them another reason to continue the fight?" ... These include not only those already mentioned but also Britain's desire to attract Jewish financial resources

The Balfour Declaration (dated 2 November 1917) was a letter from the United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour to Baron Rothschild (Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild), a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland, also known as the British Zionist Federation or simply the Zionist Federation (ZF), was established in 1899 to campaign for a permanent homeland for the Jewish people. The Zionist Federation is an umbrella organisation for the Zionist movement in the United Kingdom, representing more than 120 organisations, and over 50,000 affiliated members.[1]

So... Wilson is in bed with Zionists... the Rothschild's are Zionists, Great Britain desired their 'financial resources' and effectively talked Wilson into the Federal Reserve all of which became further support for finding a future Jewish homeland.

Am I getting that right?

edit on 5-9-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional comment

oh yeah... cute giraffe btw

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Awww.
I got to see a baby giraffe when my sons were little at the Detroit Zoo.
There is nothing cuter than watching any baby animal play!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Here is a clip from a PBS "Nature" about the Rothschild Giraffe, enjoy.
NATURE | Tall Blondes | "Giraffe Manor" | PBS

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Awwwwwww!!! They love each other!
Someone should give the creatures a better name though... They didnt do anything wrong to deserve to be called that... Not to my knowledge anyway! Call them love giraffes! Someone start a petition! This is an outrage!!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

After a six-foot drop from its mother, Lady Rita, who gave birth standing up, Arusha stood just moments later at 5 ft. 7 inches tall and weighed approximately 60 pounds.

Ouch!

new topics

top topics

join