It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assasination Attempt Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Morning All,

I had one of the strangest dreams i have ever had last night. I can't describe how i felt because it was a mixture of emotions, but i knew it was all a lie...

Let me explain...

The TV was on with some random show being aired. The screen suddenly changed to a NEWS FLASH of sorts, the flash was that an assassination attempt on the POTUS had failed. The POTUS was in a closed area, kind of like a school hall of sorts, wearing a dark blue coloured suit, the assassin had missed him.

I then became one of the POTUS security men next to him and was holding him down on the ground until the threat was neutralised...at that point the POTUS looked at me and smiled and said "do you think they bought it"? (the assassins were part of the US Gov - it was a fix)

I then became "myself" again and the news flash continued with a story like

"The POTUS survived an assassination attempt, the group responsible are claiming to be citizens of the US. Until the group is apprehended, martial law will be declared effective immediately. Any citizen outside after 7pm will be arrested on site".

It was such a bizarre dream that felt very very real...almost like i had actually been there watching it all unfold...

Thoughts?
edit on 5/9/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

S & F for you!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Well for whatever its worth. I was on a flight and reading the magazine on US airways a while back and there was an ad selling canvases of these three presidents. Lincoln, Kennedy and Obama.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Are you by any chance Canadian?
Not really a huge fish but, a fish none the less.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I have accepted it as fact that people can dream something that has yet to happen. Many of your 'average' people do this more than once in their lifetime, whether they remember it or not. New research is starting to prove that a person's brain quite regularly reacts to certain stimuli right before it actually occurs, and I would be willing to be that these two happenings are included in a yet to be established branch of science...

With that said, I do believe you are telling the truth, for what it is worth, but that does not mean the dream was a premonition. Whether it is or it isn't, I think it is a good thing for you to go ahead and tell everyone, in the off chance that this does occur. It is much better than ending up as one of those people who say, "you guys aren't going to believe this, but I had a dream so and so would happen the other night," after some event occurred. Whether they are telling the truth is up for grabs, but I've seen a few people say something similar after an event of some magnitude happens.

Anyway, I personally am leaning towards this dream of yours being meaningless beyond the scope of your subconscious. If you didn't already know, dreams are what your subconscious mind uses to let your conscious mind become aware of psychological issues or discrepancies between the two, and the subconscious mind only has vivid imagery at its disposal, as well as unconscious behaviors, which can result in ticks, or psychosomatic responses. Anyway, what I am saying is that if this wasn't a premonition, the dream contained a message that could be insightful for yourself if decrypted.

Sometimes I am amazed at the connected imagery and storyline used in some of my dreams, and this happens with everyone from what I understand. The subconscious mind can pull together certain pictures and ideas on par with the greatest writers of all time, and that is part of the whole idea that we only access a small portion of our brain for conscious thinking.

Another reason that I don't think this is a premonition is because it seems this wouldn't be the best method of declaring martial law. But it would not involve all that many people, which is a plus I suppose. I don't think the secret service would be in on it though, personally. That may detract from the authenticity of the performance. Plus, someone will have to go down for the attempted assassination, which is another problem. Either he must be eliminated, or the possibility that he may cause problems later down the road with his revelations exists.

I just do not think the public would allow martial law for something like this, as it only involves one person, the lone assassin. Martial law wouldn't be needed to ensure the safety of the government, and it also wouldn't be necessary to apprehend anyone else who may have been involved in the plot. That is why we have agencies like the FBI. So as far as what I think, if martial law is ever declared, it will be after something really big happens; something that affects a lot more people on a more personal level maybe. I don't know really what they would use, but I don't think it is an assassination attempt.

But again, thanks for sharing, as it is better to say it and be wrong than trying to convince everyone after something happens...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 5-9-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Did you happen to fall asleep with the TV on because you probably heard news reports that the Canadian Premier was shot at during her victory celebration? That wasn't a dream. If someone shoots this President it will have the effect of boosting sympathy for the Democrats and they'll have the next 3 or 4 election cycles in the bag.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That is scary.

Originally posted by newcovenant

Did you happen to fall asleep with the TV on because you probably heard news reports that the Canadian Premier was shot at during her victory celebration? That wasn't a dream. If someone shoots this President it will have the effect of boosting sympathy for the Democrats and they'll have the next 3 or 4 election cycles in the bag.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

No i wasn't watching TV last night past 10pm UK time (just after Bear Grylls on Discovery HD+1). I don't have the luxury of late nights anymore with a 3 year old and a 5 week old.

That is bizarre though...

new topics

top topics

join