It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mysterious Nazca Lines From Space

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

This is the longest line at Nazca, its about 8km
Where are the "3500' ridge and down 3500' valley" heh
The Nazca plain, is called a plain because its flat, so I guess you haven't researched this subject very much at all

Whilst I agree with the premise that the Nazca lines were most probably ceremonial in nature and also that the vast majority of lines are found on the plain, there are in fact some geoglyphs found on hills in the El Ingenio Valley and Pampas de Jumana area.

New geoglyphs found in Peru

Archaeological knowledge is always changing. I see no reason to deride somebody just because they have a different point of view.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Whilst I agree with the premise that the Nazca lines were most probably ceremonial in nature and also that the vast majority of lines are found on the plain, there are in fact some geoglyphs found on hills in the El Ingenio Valley and Pampas de Jumana area.

Both those locations are part of the Nazca plain near the desert floor and your picture shows some of the lines uncovered by a sandstorm.
phys.org...
So I have no idea what your point is ?

Please do some actual research if you have one...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

The Nazca plain, is called a plain because its flat, so I guess you haven't researched this subject very much at all

^That was my point.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

^That was my point.

No, that was mine

In geography, a plain is a flat area. Plains occur as lowlands and at the bottoms of valleys but also on plateaus or uplands at high elevations. In a valley, a plain is enclosed on two sides but in other cases a plain may be delineated by a complete or partial ring of hills, by mountains or cliffs.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Drawsoho

See, I called you all out and we get a "good" discussion going.
You put Wiki up just like an infallible god! Sure, Sitchin is just human and had his own ideas, which I like a lot more than the scholarly explanations. If they are right or not, I don't really care. Sitchin spent a lifetime researching, without being influenced by academia and I take this over academia anytime, with questions certainly too. Sitchin's translation of the Genesis account does make more sense than anything else I have ever read and heard. But then, I am just an ordinary and formerly working stiff who has ruined his body with hard physical work, trying to make a living in this screwed up world. Let's not go there because we get into another argument!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Drawsoho

See, I called you all out and we get a "good" discussion going.
You put Wiki up just like an infallible god! Sure, Sitchin is just human and had his own ideas, which I like a lot more than the scholarly explanations. If they are right or not, I don't really care. Sitchin spent a lifetime researching, without being influenced by academia and I take this over academia anytime, with questions certainly too. Sitchin's translation of the Genesis account does make more sense than anything else I have ever read and heard. But then, I am just an ordinary and formerly working stiff who has ruined his body with hard physical work, trying to make a living in this screwed up world. Let's not go there because we get into another argument!
You also refer to Wiki! Sounds like the Bible to me what they say about the Anunnaki, speculation and nothing else. At least, Sitchin puts some "meat" into the subject. We are taught to "believe" in this day and age, aren't we? Especially by the different Religions. Well, I got to disappoint you and tell you that the word "belief" means nothing else but "I DON'T KNOW". that is what the 'story" in Wiki sounds to me!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Marduk, you might be right, you might be wrong!? I don't really care anymore because we have been lied to for millennia and nobody knows what is what anymore. At least, Sitchin's solutions make more sense to me than the crap the Bible spouts out and the Jesus freaks defend. I really couldn't give a hoot about Academia; just look what they have done to our Earth with all their wisdom. At least, dreaming I can die in peace without idiots like you bothering me with their "superior" attitude.
I agree, I have not researched any of this and I don't intend to either, for reasons of my own. Just the idea of Sitchin's intrigues me more than what you are coming up with. Maybe Sitchin was no "professional" linguist but he sure had a hell of a lot more imagination than theses stuffy Scholars who correct themselves all the time and make things fit where they don't. I grew up amongst them and ran away because I couldn't stand their "culture" anymore. For forty years I pounded nails and built houses and am not interested one bit in the intellectual world with all their brain farts. So you think that you are right because you read some crap someone else wrote too, someone who has spent his/heer lifetime "researching", just like Sitchin. And they both came up with different conclusions. So you believe Academia and I follow Sitchin because he makes more sense to me. What is wrong with that? Neither one can be proven right or wrong. All the evidence is in the interpretation and either one of them are guesses by someone earlier. So, open the collar on your shirt a little and give others some credit too. You are wound up way to tight!
I got better things to do with the rest of my life than to outguess people like you and just have a bit of fun with it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I honestly don't know.

The whole Peruvian area and surrounding countries are very mysterious in many respects. Disputed dating of certain sites Puma Punku. not to mention elongated Skulls etc. Also, as has already been mentioned. The top of that one location was taken off yet we see no debris field nor evidence of what happened to the obviously huge amount of rubble removed.

Great stuff to ponder over.

Pours an early shot

they pushed it to the side.....look at the natural ridge that is also shown in the picture, it comes up to a well defined, sharp crest....the ridge where the "landing runway" is, shows dirt flattened out on both sides of the ridge...they pushed it to the side.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Agreed, this has always fascinated me. I mean.. what purpose could it of been done for? Prison camp for ancient delinquints? (see move holes ... lol)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Landing runway
able to travel from another star system and still need a rumway what a joke.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My first post

I have made a hires image of the nazca area.

www.dropbox.com...

Its puzzling indeed.
One of the most sound explanation according to me is that is markings from resource gathering/testing technique from earlier civilisation.
And this process was observed by low-tech population which turned into a cargo cult.

Similar trapezoids shape also found in china, and africa:
25°43'44.46"N, 32°31'21.69"E

(If those are the same, the same process could have happened everywhere deleted by erosion, but Nazca lines was different because it never rains and the stones lacking are easy to spot from above.)

Our textbooks are still using the same religious influenced timeline from the reformation period. But its probable that if the knowledge of older civilisation would have been included as a normal part of our history from the start, the besserwissers on internet would have accepted that timeline instantly and would have ridiculed people suggesting all of the theories which they are defending today.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

omchanin.livejournal.com...

Lots of info and photos from the first two posts here:
laiforum.ru...

translate.google.com...://omchanin.livejournal.co m/28467.html%3Fthread%3D476211&xid=17259,15700022,15700043,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700173,15700186,15700201

edit on 1-5-2018 by Histeria because: adjusted google earth coordinates

edit on 1-5-2018 by Histeria because: change of text

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
More lines in Somalia:
ancientsomali.wordpress.com...

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join