It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mysterious Nazca Lines From Space

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The large one is the original landing pad for a massive mother ship the rest of the lines and decorations came later as the natives tried to entice the "Gods" back for another visit

Just a thought.........

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Some nice pics there thanks

Also, I heard that one of the most unusual things in Peru is where a very large area at the top of a mountain has been litterally sliced off, have you heard of that?

Are you meaning this...

And the historians and archaeologists contend that these were made as sacred paths leading to points of worship!! Doesn't that sound pretty dumb? Does this look like a sacred path? Did they need to slice off the top of a hill for making a path that can land a Jumbo? And where does the so called 'sacred' path lead to?

edit on 5-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

It actually looks like a runway or landing pad for a very long spacecraft that would hover down to land on it

edit on 6-9-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
As intriguing as the Nazca Lines are to me and many others, I'm afraid many on ATS are again taking giant leaps in logic without first doing any homework. Once again, an interesting post, but sadly a misleading one.

The OP states that the lines can only be seen from the air. That is incorrect. The lines can be clearly seen from atop the hills surrounding the area...as stated by any researcher who has been there other than Von Daniken. It is sad that Von Daniken's work has been so thoroughly quoted as fact by so many sources. All they have actually done is read his book and then claimed his work for their own. It gives the illusion of legitimacy to his claims. Even many of the people who have replied to this post have said they don't believe much of what Von Daniken says...but then they say that these lines look like 'landing strips'. Von Daniken is the only 'researcher' to have ever reached that conclusion.

Furthermore, the OP and many others interested in Nazca should look into the work that scholar (and highly regarded paranormal debunker and university professor) Joe Nickell has done on the subject. Him and a small crew of six people were able to recreate one of the largest figures, the condor (440 ft), in a matter of days using only the tools that would have been available around 450-600 AD. Like the lines at Nazca, their re-creation was visible from the ground.

Here is his dissertation on his research of Nazca ---> www.onagocag.com...

National Geographic applauded his work and called it 'remarkable in its exactness'. That is what I would consider credible sourcing.

As a well-trained and ambitious research enthusiast, I am on a mission to stop the sensationalists from presenting poorly researched data and trying to confuse it with other people's legitimate data. I am interested in ET's, UFO's and the like. But I (and many others on ATS) want to see thoroughly researched FACTS. This type of post should be reserved for General Conspiracies since it has been extensively vetted as NOT being the work of ET's. If this post was just pictures of the Nazca Lines and how cool they are, that would be one thing. But this post implies much more than that.

Joe Nickell is not a credible source. The man is as biased as they come. He is not a true and honorable Skeptic, he is a debunker. There is a difference.

I would be very wary of any "research" results he would put forth.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1pirate
reply to post by Trueman

no joke, just old surveying knowledge. #1 starting point-first stick, #2 a point in the distance, say 300ft-second stick,
#3 in the middle of #1 and #2 line up #1 and #2 with your eyes, place #3 between #1 and #2 sighted in line with #1 and #2, presto strait line for 300ft. now take #1 in hand, sight down #2 and #3 place #1 inline 150ft more and so on...takes two people too accomplish. very old technology surprised you do not know how to make a strait line in the dirt.
Agreed. I have seen people (generally the ones practicing ancient methods) use simple techniques handed down by their ancestors to determine plumbing and/or masonry projects in several countries that I have visited.
edit on 6-9-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

These straight lines are mind blowing - I've always felt that only a space-based weapon could create straight lines of this magnitude over challenging terrain. I'd like to know how long have we've known about the straight lines because it could have been space-based weapon testing its powers on a remote location.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyBatty
reply to post by LoveisanArt

With all due respect, I think you have it backward. You present your beliefs (which contain no evidence whatsoever) as fact when (dumb??) science has thus far brought more evidence to the table that these lines were made by earthly beings. Having personally been there and having seen teams of international students recreate many of these lines and designs using ropes and mirrors, it was not out of the capabilities of pre-Columbian Peruvians to make these beautiful designs without ET intervention.

We give our ancients way too little credit IMO. The notion that they didn't have the capabilities to create these lines because they were "primitive" therefore must have had ET's help is short-sighted. There are technologies the Romans used which were lost for many years and then regained (like the recipe for concrete) and others which we still don't understand (Damascus steel).

I would love to see evidence of ET intervention, and the mystery for me is why they built them and for what purpose. Could they have been built for ETs? Sure. Nobody knows. Are some of the lines strange and on such a scale that they COULD have been helped by other beings? Again, sure. That's speculation, not fact.
edit on 6-9-2012 by RoyBatty because: (no reason given)

You obviosuly didnt read my post entirely before replying to it.. I never said extraterrestrial beings at all, you just made that up in your response. I said HUMAN KIND goes through cycles of development intellectually and technologically, cause of the Earth itself changes.
Its a continuous cycle for species to live on ever changing planets, in ever changing solar systems, in an ever changing universe. Has nothing to do with Extraterrestrials, Im sure they are busy with their own development somewhere far from here..

My "beleifs" (according to you because science hasnt made it fact that we once were technologically advanced prior to the last catastrophe, how could they?) are; that humans live through a planets cycle, and have to rebuild all they came to be at one point, and start from scratch. It happens over and over.

For a planet that is billions of years old, with a humaniod species which has been recorded for many millions of years.. its a natural and mutual relationship with the planet that we live through its changes and start over what we once had. With all records of such being buried or scattered across the planet itself.

Its also my "belief" that all planets with intelligent humaniod life go through these constant changes, some become so advanced that they have the technological development to maintain its home planet in a more controlled state when it goes through its life changes. One day humans, when not controlled by government or religion, will come to this stage in development and actually maintain its advances throughout its history.

But your rope and mirror idea was cool

~ Love is an art

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

@ RoyBatty ...

You believe ropes and mirrors were used upside and ontop of mountains? Digging along the side of your ropes precisely without it curving or bending??

Naah.. I think laser technology was involved. Get over the fact that modern day science and technology is nowhere near what has been seen on this planet in the past. Ropes and mirrors is not technology, its sad excuses that hinder the truth of a reality you just cant face...

edit on 6-9-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
As intriguing as the Nazca Lines are to me and many others, I'm afraid many on ATS are again taking giant leaps in logic without first doing any homework. Once again, an interesting post, but sadly a misleading one.

The OP states that the lines can only be seen from the air. That is incorrect.

Really? Where did I say that these lines can ONLY be seem from the air? I had said that these lines can only be seen CLEARLY from the air. That's the problem with guys like you who don't read the posts properly, as you can't wait to scribble your 'educated' comments.

Even many of the people who have replied to this post have said they don't believe much of what Von Daniken says...but then they say that these lines look like 'landing strips'. Von Daniken is the only 'researcher' to have ever reached that conclusion.

Of course they LOOK like landing strips! 'ARE' and 'RESEMBLING' landing strips are two different things. They certainly don't resemble some cookies in a jar, do they? And then except for an odd poster NO one said that these WERE landing strips made by aliens for their spacecraft to land! They could be anything. We don't know. They could be roads made by the tribal population. But whatever they were, they do RESEMBLE landing strips. No one said they actually were!

Furthermore, the OP and many others interested in Nazca should look into the work that scholar (and highly regarded paranormal debunker and university professor) Joe Nickell has done on the subject. Him and a small crew of six people were able to recreate one of the largest figures, the condor (440 ft), in a matter of days using only the tools that would have been available around 450-600 AD. Like the lines at Nazca, their re-creation was visible from the ground.

Gimme a break! Making a 400 foot condor is no big deal. This thread is about the lines and NOT figurines. Let's see that crew of six you mentioned above make a dead straight path through hills and valleys 50km long and 100m wide and shaving off hilltops like the ones shown in this thread, (that is if you had the time and inclination to read through this thread, you would have had the opportunity to see the images I'm referring to, before commenting).

Here is his dissertation on his research of Nazca ---> www.onagocag.com...

We're supposed to take this guy's dissertation as gospel? So it's case closed? Nazca solved finally? I don't think so.

National Geographic applauded his work and called it 'remarkable in its exactness'. That is what I would consider credible sourcing.

So NG is the bible? Let's throw out all books and research and use NG as the ultimate authority on everything.

As a well-trained and ambitious research enthusiast, I am on a mission to stop the sensationalists from presenting poorly researched data and trying to confuse it with other people's legitimate data.

Good for you. All the very best. Do stop the charlatans from confusing others. But remember, charity begins at home!

I am interested in ET's, UFO's and the like. But I (and many others on ATS) want to see thoroughly researched FACTS. This type of post should be reserved for General Conspiracies since it has been extensively vetted as NOT being the work of ET's. If this post was just pictures of the Nazca Lines and how cool they are, that would be one thing. But this post implies much more than that.

What in the world are you trying to convey? The Nazca lines are NOT a conspiracy per se. They are real. But trying to put spins on it, translate to conspiracies.

And you keep insisting that these aren't the work of ETs. WHOEVER SAID THEY ARE? AT LEAST NOT ME! It looks like there's a part of your brain that wants to believe that these have been made by aliens but the other part doesn't wanna believe it!

I like how you tackle these "skeptics" and mainstream brainwashed people... like a lion taken down its prey

The truth is the valuable thing in this universe, and the assumption that weird native people with ropes and mirrors (has there been ancient mirrors found in Peru even?) had made these puzzling landscapes, is so far from the truth.

Great thread Orionhunter, I think the Nasca Lines are the most obvious things on the planet Earth as to how they got there. Only a very superior technological development could create such things, only a craft could be used to shave hilltops and land on huge strips.
Im not implying Extraterrestrial, as much as humans prrior to the last catastrophe who were so much more advanced then we CURRENTLY understand. These are obviously landing strips, and dont feel stupid or like your going against the crowd (sheep) if you beleive so.

Thanks for this, it was a fun read

~ Love is an art

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt

But your rope and mirror idea was cool

~ Love is an art

Wish I could take credit for it, but it was a bunch of students

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The truth is the valuable thing in this universe, and the assumption that weird native people with ropes and mirrors (has there been ancient mirrors found in Peru even?) had made these puzzling landscapes, is so far from the truth.

I'd love to read anything you have to support this...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by awatara
reply to post by wmd_2008

If you read carefully, you will understand that the last one is the space picture. First the OP representing the well known straight lines and hilltops on google map screenshots (seen the google logo above the numbers you cited) than he says:

But what about the massive, exactly symmetric, arrow straight lines more than 50 km long that don’t conform to terrain geometry they’re made on which were discovered when NASA launched its Landsat imagery? These geoglyphs can only be seen from space!

and than u get the space picture. I hope it helped you to understand

Here is his quote before the pictures

Most here have heard of the intriguing Nazca Lines of Peru which are the most outstanding group of geoglyphs in the world. Etched in the surface of the desert pampa sand are hundreds of straight lines, geometric shapes and pictures of animals and birds – and their patterns are only clearly visible from the air and space.

Here are some from a collection taken from space that many may never have seen before

Underlined above the IMPORTANT part!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Why would a spacecraft need a landing strip after all we have had VTOL aircraft for years its as daft as the notion that aliens travel many light years to reach earth and think the best way to make contact is to bend some grass in a field.

Setting out straight lines is not rocket science.

Setting out lines for Dummies

Give the HUMAN race some credit FFS

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

FFS

Yes humans are AMAZING but are we the only species out there?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

long before the theodolite was invented builders were making long straight lines using the three to four sighting staff system .

You are absolutely correct on this
you must be a brother surveyor
Personally i think that the animals at Nazca would be much more difficult to layout and would require knowledge in geometry.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Some nice pics there thanks

Also, I heard that one of the most unusual things in Peru is where a very large area at the top of a mountain has been litterally sliced off, have you heard of that?

Are you meaning this...

And the historians and archaeologists contend that these were made as sacred paths leading to points of worship!! Doesn't that sound pretty dumb? Does this look like a sacred path? Did they need to slice off the top of a hill for making a path that can land a Jumbo? And where does the so called 'sacred' path lead to?

edit on 5-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

Yes, let's talk about that for few moments.
This hilltop is located here:
14°33'54.42"S
75°11'34.17"W

It is near Palpa in Peru. The picture is misleading, because of the angle at which it was taken.
This place is actually a ramp - it is NOT flat at all - it is more like a small sloped rocket launcher.
If you measure the thing - it is 0.36 miles long and the higher "launching" spot is ~30 feet above the end of the supposed 'runway'. This is quite revealing actually. This location should be examined.

link:
maps.google.com...,-75.192618&spn=0.020332,0.0 25513&t=h&z=16
maps.google.com/?ll=-14.564851,-75.192618&spn=0.020332,0.025513&t=h&z=16

Link again

edit on 6-9-2012 by 7jg12 because: link correction

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
nice pics - and to think it only took a few gazzilion indigents shuffling and chanting a few thousand years to make them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
So come on then, why is there a giant alien looking figure carved into the ground?
edit on 6-9-2012 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

YOU think it looks like an alien (despite the fact that, you know, you've never actually seen an alien). That does not mean that is what it's supposed to represent. Again, giant leaps of faith based upon zero evidence.
My daughter drew a picture of her mommy the other day, and in the picture her mommy had a large head and over-sized eyes. Does that mean it necessarily represents an alien? Obviously not. You're making assumptions.

The theory that they were made by aliens is based upon the fact that people supposedly wouldn't have been able to make them back then, when it has been clearly proven that they could. What is your response to that? Just ignore it because it doesn't fit your worldview?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Yes humans are AMAZING but are we the only species out there?

Does the fact that there may be other species necessarily imply that those other lifeforms must have come to Earth and built structures here? Nope, not at all.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maroboduus

Does that negate the possibility?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No, it does not negate the possibility. Nor does it imply that the possibility is a probability, as many people seem to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join