It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mysterious Nazca Lines From Space

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Taken from space?

Bottom right on first image eye at 1804 ft, second image ,1244ft space has got lower than it used to be

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
the Europa moon of Jupiter is covered in lines, do we know why. are they all over the earth hidden under mud sea sand?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

If you read carefully, you will understand that the last one is the space picture. First the OP representing the well known straight lines and hilltops on google map screenshots (seen the google logo above the numbers you cited) than he says:

But what about the massive, exactly symmetric, arrow straight lines more than 50 km long that don’t conform to terrain geometry they’re made on which were discovered when NASA launched its Landsat imagery? These geoglyphs can only be seen from space!

and than u get the space picture. I hope it helped you to understand

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I have a theory of how they might have created those long lines, what if they just used very long rope? Tie one end up and walk to an end point then pull it tight and you have a straight line. Not sure how this would work over mountains and it would be a long rope but why not? I like the idea of us thinking it is aliens when in fact it turns out to be something incredibly simple

* I just had another idea, what if they used a mirror and the sun. Not sure if they even had mirrors but if they did you could have it fixed to a single spot and slowly tilt it up which would create a straight guide to mark out across long distances. *

I don't know about the mirror but a stretched rope of around 10 km? hmmm...
It seems highly improbable.

edit on 6-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
As intriguing as the Nazca Lines are to me and many others, I'm afraid many on ATS are again taking giant leaps in logic without first doing any homework. Once again, an interesting post, but sadly a misleading one.

The OP states that the lines can only be seen from the air. That is incorrect. The lines can be clearly seen from atop the hills surrounding the area...as stated by any researcher who has been there other than Von Daniken. It is sad that Von Daniken's work has been so thoroughly quoted as fact by so many sources. All they have actually done is read his book and then claimed his work for their own. It gives the illusion of legitimacy to his claims. Even many of the people who have replied to this post have said they don't believe much of what Von Daniken says...but then they say that these lines look like 'landing strips'. Von Daniken is the only 'researcher' to have ever reached that conclusion.

Furthermore, the OP and many others interested in Nazca should look into the work that scholar (and highly regarded paranormal debunker and university professor) Joe Nickell has done on the subject. Him and a small crew of six people were able to recreate one of the largest figures, the condor (440 ft), in a matter of days using only the tools that would have been available around 450-600 AD. Like the lines at Nazca, their re-creation was visible from the ground.

Here is his dissertation on his research of Nazca ---> www.onagocag.com...

National Geographic applauded his work and called it 'remarkable in its exactness'. That is what I would consider credible sourcing.

As a well-trained and ambitious research enthusiast, I am on a mission to stop the sensationalists from presenting poorly researched data and trying to confuse it with other people's legitimate data. I am interested in ET's, UFO's and the like. But I (and many others on ATS) want to see thoroughly researched FACTS. This type of post should be reserved for General Conspiracies since it has been extensively vetted as NOT being the work of ET's. If this post was just pictures of the Nazca Lines and how cool they are, that would be one thing. But this post implies much more than that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
Until goverments stop covering up the findings we will never fully know the truth of these great structures on OUR planet earth. History has been re-written over and over again for agendas.

i don't think governments have any more clue about this than we do. Science passes it off as "natural" or crop irrigation then walks away. It's blatantly obvious that these sites (nazca, angkor wat etc) are not what we've been told. As usual, mass ridicule is used to stem the investigation/understanding. It's so sad that the human race (this time round) is so self absorbed and powered by greed. We've lost our true purpose.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
This type of post should be reserved for General Conspiracies since it has been extensively vetted as NOT being the work of ET's.

says who? you've got some other person's opinion and national geographic think it's legit? thats a media channel. your evidence can do nothing to discount ET's. You've presented an opinion from another source which is no more valid than anyone else's.

stop trying to put yourself up as a self appointed expert in an area you know nothing about. So come on then, why is there a giant alien looking figure carved into the ground?
edit on 6-9-2012 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dowot

As soon as something is not fully understood, it is attributed to some weird religious ceremony or ritual.

Do you really think they'd carry every newborn up this multiple-thousand-feet-mountain-top and walk a couple hundred miles over a ridge ? I don't think so.

In my opinion we are facing two different types of lines here.

Type I are the mile-long straight lines. They clearly follow a technological pattern, they look as if built for a certain purpose and their form follows function.

Type II are thes smaller ones, mostly shaped like an animal. In my opinion these are poor attempts of re-creating and imitating some of the larger lines. Type II was definitely created by a primitive people.

I could imagine that a primitive people actually saw alien spacecraft coming and going from this localtion, after the aliens departed for some reason, they went up there and tried to call the "gods" back by imitating these lines. Monkey see, Mokey do.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
As intriguing as the Nazca Lines are to me and many others, I'm afraid many on ATS are again taking giant leaps in logic without first doing any homework. Once again, an interesting post, but sadly a misleading one.

The OP states that the lines can only be seen from the air. That is incorrect.

Really? Where did I say that these lines can ONLY be seem from the air? I had said that these lines can only be seen CLEARLY from the air. That's the problem with guys like you who don't read the posts properly, as you can't wait to scribble your 'educated' comments.

Even many of the people who have replied to this post have said they don't believe much of what Von Daniken says...but then they say that these lines look like 'landing strips'. Von Daniken is the only 'researcher' to have ever reached that conclusion.

Of course they LOOK like landing strips! 'ARE' and 'RESEMBLING' landing strips are two different things. They certainly don't resemble some cookies in a jar, do they? And then except for an odd poster NO one said that these WERE landing strips made by aliens for their spacecraft to land! They could be anything. We don't know. They could be roads made by the tribal population. But whatever they were, they do RESEMBLE landing strips. No one said they actually were!

Furthermore, the OP and many others interested in Nazca should look into the work that scholar (and highly regarded paranormal debunker and university professor) Joe Nickell has done on the subject. Him and a small crew of six people were able to recreate one of the largest figures, the condor (440 ft), in a matter of days using only the tools that would have been available around 450-600 AD. Like the lines at Nazca, their re-creation was visible from the ground.

Gimme a break! Making a 400 foot condor is no big deal. This thread is about the lines and NOT figurines. Let's see that crew of six you mentioned above make a dead straight path through hills and valleys 50km long and 100m wide and shaving off hilltops like the ones shown in this thread, (that is if you had the time and inclination to read through this thread, you would have had the opportunity to see the images I'm referring to, before commenting).

Here is his dissertation on his research of Nazca ---> www.onagocag.com...

We're supposed to take this guy's dissertation as gospel? So it's case closed? Nazca solved finally? I don't think so.

National Geographic applauded his work and called it 'remarkable in its exactness'. That is what I would consider credible sourcing.

So NG is the bible? Let's throw out all books and research and use NG as the ultimate authority on everything.

As a well-trained and ambitious research enthusiast, I am on a mission to stop the sensationalists from presenting poorly researched data and trying to confuse it with other people's legitimate data.

Good for you. All the very best. Do stop the charlatans from confusing others. But remember, charity begins at home!

I am interested in ET's, UFO's and the like. But I (and many others on ATS) want to see thoroughly researched FACTS. This type of post should be reserved for General Conspiracies since it has been extensively vetted as NOT being the work of ET's. If this post was just pictures of the Nazca Lines and how cool they are, that would be one thing. But this post implies much more than that.

What in the world are you trying to convey? The Nazca lines are NOT a conspiracy per se. They are real. But trying to put spins on it, translate to conspiracies.

And you keep insisting that these aren't the work of ETs. WHOEVER SAID THEY ARE? AT LEAST NOT ME! It looks like there's a part of your brain that wants to believe that these have been made by aliens but the other part doesn't wanna believe it!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NaptownBrown

That would only explain some of the smaller animal drawings, which can indeed be replicated and which are not baffling in the sense of "wow, how could they have ever done that!" Your claim that you can see them from the surrounding mountains shows you have never really been to Nazca, because although some can be seen this way, most cannot. The watchtowers they have placed there for tourists give an impression of the size of some, but they cannot be appreciated as much as viewing them from a plane or helicopter.

The many kilometers long perfectly straight lines over various geographic obstacles are truly stunning and cannot be replicated so easily. Some of them are over 50 km long! The sheered off mountaintop is the most amazing and probably the most difficult to achieve, even by today´s technological standards.

To other posters who claim it could be a natural formation: please travel there and see it with your own eyes. Then you would see how this is not possibly natural and very much the result of precise engineering.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have a hard time understanding why people remain so ignorant to the obvious truth? Its like within them they want to "Beleive" but rather they supress it within themselves.

Unlike 'those' people, I straight up believe and do not consider it impossible... the Nasca lines were not made by any villagers, worshippers or anything such.. They were made with an antigravitational-craft which used laser-tech to made such perfect and precise lines and imagery KMs long.

Why is that so hard to believe? Its hard to beleive because humans today want to beleive we are at the peek of technological advancement in human histroy on Earth... even though humans have been recorded to be on this Earth for millions and millions of years.. even though ancient cultures have depictions of flying craft, and men in weird suits.. even though we find monsterous structures submerged way deep underwater.

Im not one to listen to mainstream knowledge, text books, and wait for dumb science to make thigns fact.. the facts are, humans have built advanced civilizations, been destroyed by catastrophe, and rebuilt again and again.. we are in that stage of rebuilding now but religion and government hold back from our technological and intellectual development. Without those two things we would already have antigravitational craft and be using laser and crystal technology for our benefits as a race.

If 2012 or the near is the catastrophe to destroy this age. Humans will once again start from scratch and Earth will once again change geographically. Just because your controlled society and science leaders havent made it "fact" doesnt mean it didnt happen or wont in the future.

Its all part of the development process of stars, planets, and living organisms on both. Its a cycle of development. The cosmos changes, the stars change, the planets revolving around them change. We call it catastrophes because they tend to "wipe us out" from our knowledge.. There is nothing our mainstream scientists or textbooks can do about it, because humans dont get to say how the cycle of a planet goes. It just does. You are a small living organisms in an EVER changing cosmos, once you plug that in your conditioned brain, you understand why humans have been recorded on Earth for so long, and why we are in infancey techologically.

We will advance once more, and several hundred-thousand years later we will be in the rebuilding process. Nothing lasts forever. And thats something they dont teach you in society. Now you can understand why there are some lines on the ground. Early, early advanced humans did this at their peek in development-technologically, why is there no evidence of this tech? It is long gone due to an ever changing planet covering things up.

Nice lines, thanks for sharing

~ Love is an art
edit on 6-9-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
this entire thread--- the pictures, links, thoughts--- has blown my mind and made me want to research into these more. It's amazing to think how much wiser human beings used to be it seems, as far as understanding certain aspects (such as Alien life)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
OrionHunterX

A true champion thread! Spot on with my interests, and however I've seen the pics many times before maybe someone will give some interesting input here!

I salute you dear Sir for this awesome thread!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

LANDSAT7, you say?

Why, I'm a satellite controller who supports that spacecraft!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Nice thread, here's my reasoning on why they did this. The practise is comparative to the practise of body art/tatooing found on some Peruvian mummies, except here of course the body is that of the Earth Mother or Pachamama, and the ritual practised upon the lines would involve the sprinkling of sustenance.

The central ritual to Pachamama is the Challa or Pago (Payment). It is carried out during all the month of August, and in many places also on the first Friday of each month. Other ceremonies are carried out in special times, as upon leaving for a trip or upon passing an apacheta. According to Mario Rabey and Rodolfo Merlino, Argentine anthropologists who studied the Andean culture from the 1970s to the 1990s, "The most important ritual is the challaco. Challaco is a deformation of the Quechua words 'ch'allay' and 'ch'allakuy', that refer to the action to insistently sprinkle.[1] In the current language of the campesinos of the southern Central Andes, the word challar is used in the sense of "to feed and to give drink to the land'. The challaco covers a complex series of ritual steps that begin in the family dwellings the night before

en.wikipedia.org...

fineart.ha.com...

Primary evidence for this comparison is seen upon a Nazcan dolls backside...

And here's evidence of actual tatoos...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

With all due respect, I think you have it backward. You present your beliefs (which contain no evidence whatsoever) as fact when (dumb??) science has thus far brought more evidence to the table that these lines were made by earthly beings. Having personally been there and having seen teams of international students recreate many of these lines and designs using ropes and mirrors, it was not out of the capabilities of pre-Columbian Peruvians to make these beautiful designs without ET intervention.

We give our ancients way too little credit IMO. The notion that they didn't have the capabilities to create these lines because they were "primitive" therefore must have had ET's help is short-sighted. There are technologies the Romans used which were lost for many years and then regained (like the recipe for concrete) and others which we still don't understand (Damascus steel).

I would love to see evidence of ET intervention, and the mystery for me is why they built them and for what purpose. Could they have been built for ETs? Sure. Nobody knows. Are some of the lines strange and on such a scale that they COULD have been helped by other beings? Again, sure. That's speculation, not fact.
edit on 6-9-2012 by RoyBatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I love your signature OrionHunter lol. And, boy, that sure is the truth.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What if those lines were just created by wars?

Giant spaceships shooting beams of laser down upon other ships that were underneath them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

i dont know if any one esle has thought of this... could these "MAPS ' be matched up with a world map of anytime in history ....eg, lions=africa pandas =china kangaroos=austraila ect.ect ????

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Giving this thread a well deserved Bump!

Great topic and discussion

edit on 6-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join