It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mysterious Nazca Lines From Space

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Regardless as to whether planes or space ships are involved I don't quite get the explanations as they don't really make much sense. So fascinating.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1pirate

Yep. Totally works.
It's not how that has me curious though. ;D

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

even a pirate could navigate by the stars, but i am betting you cant. you are in hurry, they were not. they lived a life of
limited but refined knowledge. they were masters of there known universe, the proof is in your dna and the fact your alive. give them credit for there accomplishments, i'd like to be around to see what you leave as your accomplishments

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1pirate

I actually can navigate with the stars. I live in South Australia and currently have Scorpio right above me during the hours of about 9pm. I also have what we call the Southern Cross but is actually called The Crux.

I give them credit for cutting animals into the sides of mountains. For painting interesting art on cave walls.

I won't credit them for levelling a mountain. If you were a true skeptic you wouldn't either. Unfortunately, you're a blind one.
edit on 5-9-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

have not been there, so can not say if the plateaus are natural or man made. but having seen plateaus up close in the southwest i can say they are flat also and not man made but natural formations.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I also remember Vondanikan talking about the sumerians, and they were bred and taught, so they could mine the gold for the "Gods" who would return much later to collect it. I wander if their was any actual merit to that, as summer was the first civilization we know of, and the first written language. Their own recorrds say as much, if the translations are acurate.

I believe that was all based upon Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation. His interpretation was either woefully inaccurate or outright fabrication, depending upon which archaeologist or Sumerian scholar you ask. In any case, it isn't accurate.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Until text is dug up that explains the what and why, we are left to look at he evidence and speculate.

I personally believe that this had to have the heart and minds of the people and it was of some substantial purpose.

I know that alignments with the Stars has been investigated and there was no correlation. However, staight lines and symbols smell very much like a map. Either a map of a physical place or one of a spiritual place.

All speculation of course, however, There is no doubt that the people that executed this were not some hairy hominid with a pea brain. The intelligence comes through the designs and I never have really felt that humans were any less ingenious then we are now. The evidence prevails, and if we consider what man has always built to grand scale, I say spiritual and/or a civil project - or both.

Concerning what happened to the flattened montain top waste? Either it was graded into the hillside, was stripped away in the flood, or it was mined and used elsewhere. My current brain size prevents me from coming up with other possibilities, but I know even in context, this is not an easy one to solve.

I love ATS for these tid bids which to me, are far more valuable then reading about he inevitable NWO stuff and who is killing who.

edit on 5-9-2012 by oldmeatwad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yours is one of the best posts I've read in a long time. I think a lot of what you've said touches the very truth of it all. I have thought these very same things myself.

We are all just producers for the "Gods", gold being the most valuable of substances we produce. Those who forced the system we live under want to form a one world government so they can be part of an exclusive club.

Knowledge is power, and those in power keep real knowledge for themselves. I'm sure "they" all have a good laugh at how easy it is to deceive the masses and keep the truth concealed. Our history is much richer than we are permitted to know and the truth of it all is the most guarded of secrets. Mankind has been "reset" before and Nazca is a remnant of the ancient advanced civilization that existed before the last "reset".

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914
I cant imagine the indigenous people in that arid, practically waterless region would have much free time on their hands. Surviving alone would take up most of the time of the entire community.

Spot on! There are no crops growing out there as the land is arid. There is hardly any water to drink! But to make these massive lines, figures and shaven-off hill tops as wide and long as runways to accommodate an Airbus 380 would have required a workforce of hundreds if not thousands over a number of years! Were there that many able bodied people to do what they supposedly did?

If so, how did they feed? What did they eat? How did they quench their thirst? Where did they get their supplies from? How did they get it? How did they cook without firewood which was not available locally? Where did they stay? The logistics for this kind of project would have been mind boggling!

Questions! Questions! Questions! But NO answers. Will we ever get any?

edit on 5-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jansy
reply to post by OrionHunterX

What's amazing to me is the very straightness of them...I would imagine there's been SOME erosion of the land since they were...what? Built? Laid? Drawn??

Fascinating!!!

Here's another...

But wait! This one ain't from Nazca! Guess where?........Mars, photographed by HiRISE! Uncanny resemblance to that mountain that was shaved off from the top!

Though I think this one could be nothing but a natural oddity, but then again, it could be something else too. Like a connection with the Nazca strips?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oldmeatwad

You know the thing called 'The Inquisition'.

Designed to obstruct such an idea.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
I Still don't rule out the Stitchen version from the Sumerian Tablets.

I know the controversial s about him, but to me it is still one of the theories around that makes sence too me.

I recall from memory, but talks about "The beam that cuts all" and used for research, exploration and mining probing. ,,,

Not sure, but even think there was talk about south america being the final destination of the gold before shipping outta space .

I know... But still more plausible as caveman with scissles and rocks..

I wanted to believe his stuff when i first learned about it.
But the fact is, once Sumerian translations became more readily available, very large chunks of what he said were proven false.
I have read or listened to a multitude of archaeologists and historians who have studied the Sumerian works (many of whom became interested in them directly because of Sitchen, no less), and none of them have been able to find the things Sitchen claims to have found. Some of it simply isn't there at all, and other parts he either took completely out of context or simply mistranslated.

There is an English translation of those Sumerian works available online, complete with a searchable database. I can provide you with the link, if you wish. But nowhere will you find the things that Sitchen claimed to have found.

It is a cool theory, and an interesting one. But there is no longer any reason to give it any credence, aside from wishful thinking. Bummer, i know...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

A new giant picture on the Nazca Plateau in Peru, which is famous for giant patterns that can be seen from the air, has been discovered by a team of Japanese researchers.

The image is 210 feet long, and appears to be an animal with horns, somewhat resembling (of all things) a lobster. It is thought to have been drawn as a symbol of hopes for good crops, but there are no similar patterns elsewhere, and the type of the animal remains unclear. The discovery marks the first time since the 1980s that a picture other than a geometrical pattern has been found on the Nazca Plateau.

There is evidence that vehicles had driven in the area, and part of the picture is destroyed.

Vehicles????

Gilbert de Jong actually visited and meticulously surveyed Nazca, measuring and plotting the features with GPS. He was especially interested in the so-called "mandala" figure. This figure, a huge circle inside of a square, appeared to remind him of a zodiac map.

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I figure their explanation is too simple--as in not all lines are done for the same reason? It's probably for the same reason that so many miles of highways in this state are straight. If the terrain is crossable, then a straight line is the best route to travel?
edit on 6-9-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I havent seen some of these before. amazing.. the 6th image from the top if viewed upside down looks like humnanoid figures. looks to me almost like 2 adult humanoids with their backs to one another with the one on the right touching fingers with what looks to be a child humanoid. interesting. just my opinion....these lines and images have always fascinated me. the official story to me does not make sense either. i would love to actually know the true reason they were made and if they were actually made with some technology beyond that of the time period.

kev

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It's plausible to consider that the lines may have been runways, however, then what may have been the reason for the curvier lines and pictures? Surely it would not seem logical to have a non-straight runway. But, then again, who knows how the vehicles/flying machines may have functioned suppose they existed and utilized these lines as runways. Also, you know how people share different feelings towards different kinds of artwork, sounds and music? Well, I wanted to add that the photo second from last, the one with all the "dots" make me feel uneasy and I don't know why.

Nonetheless, these geoglyphs are truly remarkable, breathtaking, as well as fascinating for anyone who happens to feast their eyes upon their existence. I also hope, like many others, that I will be lucky enough to know the truth and reasoning behind these geoglyphs, along with the unknown truths about many of the wonders of this world that are waiting to be uncovered.

S&F Op nice find

edit on 6-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: gramatical erros

edit on 6-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 1pirate

I think you need to spend some time reading and understanding what are the Nazca lines.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Ski Jump? (Like some aircraft carriers have).

EV Daniken

A little off topic but concerns Nazca. Check out the resemblance in the two figures. One is an ancient Petroglyph approximately 10,000 years old. The other is a huge glyph carved on a mountainside in Nazca. Any connection?

Petroglyph found on cave:

The one seen on a mountainside in Nazca:

There seems to be a striking resemblance! Like they're saying, "Hello! We come in peace"!

Pics: Crystalinks

edit on 6-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join