It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mysterious Nazca Lines From Space

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

The only rational explanation is the runway theory. Peru is a very mystical place...You guys should check out the Celestine Prophecy...If you ask me theres definately extraterrestrial influences everywhere!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To the people wondering about where all the excavated material went from the flat top mountain. Look at all the mountains in the background, the landscape is a 1:2 gradient on every mountain ridge, apart from Flat Top, where it is more like a 1:4 gradient, looks pretty obvious the excavated material was simply dumped down the mountain side.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thread of the month :UP: I can't even begin to wrap my mind around the enigma without considering someone seeing them as the satellites do! Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Great stuff and very interesting this Nazca Lines business, i would say definately done from above.... it would have taken way too long for any men to cut that mountain top and/or big heavy machinary of which there is no evidence!

I'd hazard a guess and say it was done by Lazer and maybe that same Lazer was used to completely destroy the rock into sand which blew off the mountain range into the Sea eventually... like you get Sawdust when Sawing wood!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Another case of a civilization gone to no return.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Not too much more to add here, just want to thank for this thread. I've been in Nazca a few times back in the early 80's and it's something I will remember all my life. Nazca lines are so overwhelming. One time I crossed Nazca at night, the sky was clear and full of stars and I felt in my heart the connection between those lines and the stars, unexplainable, spiritual.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just commenting to come back later

Excellent thread and discussion so far, and I saw 3d in the scale reproduction of the lines too.

Perhaps those responisble for this were able to use much more of their brains than other cultures around the same time, seems like something very important was forgotten perhaps.
I agree too with another poster, some data on the make up of those sites would be interesting too.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

it only takes 3 sticks to make a strait line of any length over a few feet to thousands of miles

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CKY

I agree. The gradient on the mountain with the flat-top is at less of a pitch than surrounding mountains. I was going to comment that the whereabouts of this mountain top soil is not the issue here. They simply blended the material right there.

The question remains is HOW and WHY they accomplished this feat.

The Nazca lines really are one of the worlds most fascinating mysteries. It is fun to think about aliens, gods, slaves, gold, etc. Secrets of Gold and it's acncient and cosmic uses are fascinating as well. One has to wonder how advanced man was in South America and the ancient Peruvian Civilization. These feats are no easier today with our exponential population and technology.

One also wonders of knowledge lost due to wars, disease, famines, disasters and the like.
Also one wonders if Machu Picchu contained an "Alexandrian" type library that may have housed ancient knowledge.

It is frustrating to have holes in our history but suspect that there are those who possess some of this hidden knowledge through subterfuge or blackmarket type collections.

Remember there ARE art collections, historic artifacts, jewels, treasures, etc. that are in the hands of VERY wealthy families and unaccessible to the public.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Why assume it is aliens?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CKY

gold mining.
from the time before the human slaves were created to mine gold.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1pirate
reply to post by Iamschist

it only takes 3 sticks to make a strait line of any length over a few feet to thousands of miles

The only way I can accept such a comment is if it's a joke.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

no joke, just old surveying knowledge. #1 starting point-first stick, #2 a point in the distance, say 300ft-second stick,
#3 in the middle of #1 and #2 line up #1 and #2 with your eyes, place #3 between #1 and #2 sighted in line with #1 and #2, presto strait line for 300ft. now take #1 in hand, sight down #2 and #3 place #1 inline 150ft more and so on...takes two people too accomplish. very old technology surprised you do not know how to make a strait line in the dirt.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Every time the Nazca lines leave me with my jaw hitting the ground.

It cannot be explained without involving advanced technology.

A theory I have is the Earth originally had a water canopy. 'The Flood' was the collapse of this water canopy. The flood also washed away mining waste and miners.

The High Gods (Aliens/Reptillians) then departed the planet but left a small group behind. They exist and travel trans-density and inter-dimensionally, and are master geneticists. The small group left behind began to manipulate the humans again, to rebuild their populations on the Earth so it can be mined more wholly.

This of course implies that one day they will return. Hollywood certainly seems to be implying the same thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

advanced technology is having more than two sticks in the case of strait lines

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There are people who make art who can 'see' from above. Example are street artists who can paint '3D' scenes. From a certain perspective it looks as if there is a sinkhole in the sidewalk/pavement - you all must have seen these amazing street artists pictures? All it would need is for someone to be able to leave their body or have that kind of disassociated ability, to be able to look down from that perspective and organise the drawing of these animals, birds etc.

I do believe there were aliens, but that they were not necessarily the creators of these drawings.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I was being sarcastic calling people, who think these were made by indigenous people for rituals, brain dead idiots

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Why in the HELL do things we do not understand or artifacts always have to be to some God or worship? Why can it not be what it looks like.. A RUNWAY.. a point of reference. That is like Crazy horse and Mount Rushmore..are those Monuments to our GODS? Well someday someone may think so.....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1pirate

Get over your sticks. Even with your theory errors can be made. Especially when those sticks have to be sighted perfectly going down the side of a mountain.

They've removed the top of a mountain. Thousands of years ago. They've cut PERFECT lines through uneven geography that only when viewed from the sky or space can be totally appreciated.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

I do believe there were aliens, but that they were not necessarily the creators of these drawings.

I'll cut right to the chase: this is on a much larger scale than sidewalk art and don't try to tell me about grids and such to scale it up. We're talking the entire top of ridge lines are gone, this is not some kind of perspective art expression. Where are the tops of the ridge lines? Do you have any idea of the amount of work involved in moving that much dirt? And please spare me the "you underestimate ancient people" baloney

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join