It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mysterious Nazca Lines From Space

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I Love the Mars pic. Any thoughts on the black things at the end of the curves?
It looks like who ever made those left their drawing tools behind. Great photos from both of you. I have seen a lot of these types of photos, not these ones.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
so whats the main reason for the lines are they directions a language.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaidec

I Love the Mars pic. Any thoughts on the black things at the end of the curves?
It looks like who ever made those left their drawing tools behind. Great photos from both of you. I have seen a lot of these types of photos, not these ones.

That's the million dollar question! Those 'black things' at the end of the curves could be stones. Could be.......??

edit on 21-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Don't need a lot of math to do that

A phaser should be able to draw lines like that from space. Maybe someone got bored at the helm.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Most here have heard of the intriguing Nazca Lines of Peru which are the most outstanding group of geoglyphs in the world. Etched in the surface of the desert pampa sand are hundreds of straight lines, geometric shapes and pictures of animals and birds – and their patterns are only clearly visible from the air and space.

Here are some from a collection taken from space that many may never have seen before. Enjoy!

The renderings are explained by historians and archaeologists as part of a practice involving the worship of deities associated with the availability of water, and thus the fertility of crops.

The lines were interpreted primarily as sacred paths leading to points of worship and the figures were of sacred animals and objects to invoke their aid.

But what about the massive, exactly symmetric, arrow straight lines more than 50 km long that don’t conform to terrain geometry they’re made on which were discovered when NASA launched its Landsat imagery? These geoglyphs can only be seen from space!

Nazca lines (Peru).
ETM+/Landsat 7 (10/11/02).
Source: Landsat USGS gallery

So, the question is: Whodunit? And why? Were these ‘sacred paths leading to points of worship’? Really?

Images courtesy: Priyadarshni[/ii]

edit on 5-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

I remember a few days ago there was these photos of holes in china (like the 2nd to last photo you have listed. And they thought they were points of references for silver, nickel mining. When I look at all these photos,they look like markings for surgery. Points of references for the annunaki to know were to dig gold or something in that line of thinking possibly.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Annunaki? space ships? landing strips? not to be ironic by stealing a phrase from 'Aliens' but "did IQ's just drop sharply while I was away?"

Straight lines can be marked over long distances by the simple use of pulling rope tight between two points or through the clever use of poles, two people can mark straight lines over long distances. see here for a how to if you cant picture it Where is the evidence that that mountain has been shaped into a flat top and its not just a natural geological anomaly? Because that's exactly what it is, A NATURAL ANOMALY until such a time evidence is found that proves otherwise. Who is to say the lines were not just some ancient eccentrics art project?

I know this opinion is not popular here but come on people get real! Its fun to have an active imagination, even healthy but you cant just make stuff up and then decide to accept it as fact because your then in danger of becoming delusional. All this nonsense really takes away from the allure, beauty and mystery of these ancient sites.

Someone drew some lines in the sand and its down to aliens...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Perhaps they are the simple message "we know you can see this." It may be a message to aliens, or a message to future humans they knew would get to the stage where they could see this. It's like, "we know we are not as advanced as you yet, but we also know we will get that far." A message of hope?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

It makes me wonder if Van Daniken's interpretation clouded the true intent for awhile, and now we are far enough along to consider other interpretations that reflect more knowledge than we had then. Or not.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Perhaps these were intentional thought-experiments to require a future generation to acknowledge the difficulty in (and necessity of) thinking in other dimensions. Some of the animal glyphs are drawn in a way that Escher would appreciate. Following the lines does not lead to an understanding of the whole picture. As if that is a metaphor for truth: "following the lines (of truth) does not lead to an understanding of the whole picture."

Or, we are so easily bored in the present that we don't realize how bored some were in the past. ;]

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

I know they claim this is for an advanced race obviously more advance than man if the can travel from another star system , but they need help to spot were to land and need a landing strip next were is the gift shop ,bar and duty free shop

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

One more word on the lines, I know that this has been said to death already, but dont they resemble airport runways alot? One of them even totally leveled off a mountain top to perfect level, without somehow leaving behind any trace of the ruble one would expect to see from such a project being evident anywhere.

this is the big one in my opinion

how could anyone do such a feat in those times

mind blowing

but it could all be down to gathering the morning dew i dont really know

but my favorite idea is some sort of run way to call their gods back

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

50 km ropes/poles to follow without a kink in them

ok not all are 50 km

but why not keep an open mind

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

ok not all are 50 km

The rope doesn't need to be 50km !

It is simple see here Setting Out a line over a long distance

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by maryhinge

ok not all are 50 km

The rope doesn't need to be 50km !

It is simple see here Setting Out a line over a long distance

yes but it would be almost impossible to do without a kink or two
even with a 100 foot or 100 meter rope
without a THEODOLITE

also just checked your link and you think that that would work over 50km
in my opinion for what its worth i dont think its possible without kinks here and there

edit on 10/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
DAMN. IT MUST BE ANCIENT LANDING STRIPS FOR..wait...ALIEN GODS.

edit on 8-2-2013 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Seems that everyone in the specialty fields always seems to try to associate these ancient things with either religion or with burial rituals. Can't they see anything else or is it that their knowledge is distorting their vision. People tend to see what they know, I wonder if all other species on earth have that problem. To see the world through the eyes of a child would be great, especially if you had real knowledge to explore it with.
edit on 8-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone is interested...but I found some interesting formations in Antarctica.

I found them using the zoom on RSOE-EDIS...I am not very tech savvy...so how would I get a screenshot???

The formations reminded me of the "suburban" ruins around the pyramids...stone walls in square formations....too precise to be formed by nature.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
Perhaps larger stones were used in building places elsewhere? Does anyone know how far away from the area stone of that type has been found? That would have been a sweet trading niche, "Need building stone? Nazca's your place, freshly craved off the mountains for your building needs!" Who knows what kind of materials they could have gotten in return. Food, water, precious stones & metals, etc. It's not that unfeasible if you think about it. Maybe Nazca wasn't anything special at all. Maybe it really was just a mining area for stone, and the lines are ancient graffiti from the workers in the dirt dump?

Being that Peru and the surrounds have a lot of stone structures, many of which are incredible and impressive, I think you may have hit the nail on the head.... If it was easiest to quarry stone from the top of the mountain, and then drag it by whatever means along these "outlet paths" until you were able to load your newly quarried stone onto your donkey cart (or very large pulling mechanism), and subsequently build your giant temple to sacrifice your buddies on. Or maybe it's just something that occurred naturally, and we haven't the geological or bioengineering knowledge to understand the way this line formation is created...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Amazing no matter the slope of the hill the lines just goes straight on through. That in itself is a powerful statement. I really don't think this was done by earthlings, especially back then. Imagine you're climbing a mountain and digging at the same time. There is absolutely no way you can get a line that straight going up or going down a mountain slope like that with primitive times. A person today probably couldn't do that armed with GPS and a compass to keep their bearings and working in the desert heat?? Wouldn't they have to know mapping, how to shoot a azimuth line and keeping it true straight and knowing the angle of degrees of map north and magnetic north?? Sure is mind boggling! What more proof do we really need and the funny thing about it all they even drew a picture of them waving on a mountain side.
And it really does look like an alien in a space suit and boots.
edit on 13-5-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Large block of glacial ice slipping off the mountain shared off the mountain's top soil, making a flat section.

Moving ice has a lot of cutting power.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join