It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is sweet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
In a thread by Kantzveldt (ats member)as one of his sources for op there was a link to this site
Where they have translated the earliest known literature from Sumerian to English
Sumerian is in ancient Mesopotamia (modern Iraq) and is the first language for which we have written evidence and is from way back in the late third and early second millennia BCE.
I took out some snippets from one part of a Father giving advice to his son and made it slightly more readable doing my best not to change the original meaning, for a few friends. Seeing as its so ancient I consider it to hold philosophical and metaphysical properties.Definitely life is sweet for saving those words from so long ago.

The instructions of Šuruppag In those days, in those far away remote days and in those nights and in those years, those far remote years, at that time the wise one who knew how to speak in elaborate words lived in the Land; Šuruppag, the wise one, the son of Ubara-Tutu, gave instructions to his son Zi-ud-sura:My son, let me give you instructions: you should pay attention! Zi-udsura, Do not neglect my instructions! Do not transgress the words I speak! The instructions of an old man are precious; you should comply with them! You should not vouch for someone: that man will have a hold on you; and you yourself, you should not let somebody vouch for you, for that man will despise you .You should not loiter about where there is a quarrel; you should not let the quarrel make you a witness. You should not cause a quarrel, Stand aside from a quarrel and choose another road another destiny. You should not steal anything, you should not break into a house; you should not wish for the money chest . A thief is like a lion, but after he has been caught, he will be a slave. My son, you should not commit robbery as you will become a slave. …. You should not boast; then your words will be trusted. You should not talk for too long. You should not speak improperly; later it will lay a trap for you.You should not curse strongly: it rebounds on you. You should not draw up water which you cannot reach as it will make you weak.You should not establish a home with an arrogant man: he will make your life like that of a slave .You should not provide a stranger with food; you should not try to stop a quarrel. The eyes of the slanderer always move around as shiftily as a spindle. You should never remain in his presence. his intentions should not be allowed to have an effect on you. The artistic mouth recites words; the harsh mouth brings litigation documents; the sweet mouth gathers sweet herbs. Who insults can hurt only the skin but greedy eyes however, can kill. The liar, shouting, tears up his garments. To speak arrogantly is like an abscess: a herb that makes the stomach sick. You should not work using only your eyes; neither will you multiply your possessions using only your mouth. Nothing at all is to be valued, but life should be sweet. You should not serve things; things should serve you my son. To get lost is bad for a dog; but terrible for a man to get lost is shameful. On the unfamiliar way at the edge of the mountains, the gods of the mountains are man-eaters. They do not build houses there as men do; they do not build cities there as men do. Based on the work at etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Personally i don't like the video and the music is bad, but that's just my opinion anyway.

Thank you for sharing though

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I havn't watched the video, but I can say that the quote is very wise indeed. It basically asserts that humility to the "overmind" driven society is the key to power. That it is most important to prove your intelligence with humble introduction to abstract concepts by your actions as opposed to asserting them aggressively within a cultural context that disagrees with the said tradition.

join