It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempt on Quebec premier a few minutes after her election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here is a video of when it happened.
Blanks? Glitch?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It really doesn't fit the mode of operation for an "assassin" though.
An assassin sneaks up and takes a cheap shot. Or uses poisons, etc.

This is more like just a random lunatic whose plan fell apart quickly.
Could have been a set up, but also could have been a natural result of our modern crazy political system.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Are you Canadian? Premiers are like governers in the states. They govern a province. The prime mininster is like our President governs the country. Last I checked.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Dude was off his rocker....was wearing a house coat, looked terrible. Known to have mental problems.

Likely won't get much jail time (even though he killed 1 and injured another)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
A tragedy, and a dark day for Canadian so-called democracy.

The shooter shouted, in French, 'the English are waking up!' Clearly a message to the separatists and those who would strengthen Quebec's anti-English language laws that Quebec's Anglophone community isn't going to take their beating sitting down.

It's a bloody shame that a man is dead, a man with no dog in the fight. A technician, from what I hear, just doing his job. Tragic.

Make no mistake, this is a sign of more bad things to come.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The separatists also want to take a good chunk of my province with them on the way out. Nobody is going to allow that to happen.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
The separatists also want to take a good chunk of my province with them on the way out. Nobody is going to allow that to happen.

Not sure what you are refering to here....I am a Québecois (not seperatist though) and IF (and that's a big IF) we seperate, what part of what province are they trying to take from you exactly?? Again I insist on saying that I am NOT a seperatist at all....I live in Québec and work in Ottawa so this would make big problems for me and my family. I have never heard of anything about Québec trying to "take a chunk" out of any province. Unless I missed something of course.

The last referandum in 95 finnished at 51% = NO and 49% = YES this was a real close call. I certainly hope that none are announced but we all know that it is in the PQ agenda even though it wasn't enforced during the campaign.

I feel deeply for the victim's family and I certainly hope that this guy gets put away for a long time....He might plead insanity or whatever but IMO, if he was able to get "all dressed up"
and drive to the Rally and know precicely what was going on at that time and place, this guy knew exactly what he was doing....he probably wore the rode and stuff to use it as an argument for pleading insanity.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Are you Canadian? Premiers are like governers in the states. They govern a province. The prime mininster is like our President governs the country. Last I checked.

No, premiers are controlled by leutenant governors and the prime minister is controlled by the governor general. This is part of the feudal oligarchy (monarchy) that is the colony of Canada. The governor general is the queen's viceroy in any colony, such as Canada and is thereby acting for the head of state, the ruling monarch which at this point happens to be queen elizardbreath.

1947 Letters Patent

When will people get it right, Canada is not a country, it is a colony and a wholly owned subsidiary of the city of london, the US is considerably different. At least the US sort-of owns its lands, well until it misses payments according to, I believe it is, the Treaty of Paris. Anyone wish to confirm?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22

Not sure what you are refering to here....I am a Québecois (not seperatist though) and IF (and that's a big IF) we seperate, what part of what province are they trying to take from you exactly?? Again I insist on saying that I am NOT a seperatist at all....I live in Québec and work in Ottawa so this would make big problems for me and my family. I have never heard of anything about Québec trying to "take a chunk" out of any province. Unless I missed something of course.

The separatists, well some of them at least, want most of Labrador, the mineral-rich mainland portion of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. It's fair to say that some succession-minded Quebeckers wouldn't mind the borders remaining as they are, but it's equally fair to say that some feel that they have a historical claim to Labrador, which is simply untrue.

Not that I think it's likely that Quebec, if it should go its own way, would try something so stupid as to try and take territory that doesn't belong to it. You think a Francophone Quebecker is proud and nationalistic? Ye b'ys haven't got a thing on Newfoundlanders.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

A tragedy, and a dark day for Canadian so-called democracy.

The shooter shouted, in French, 'the English are waking up!' Clearly a message to the separatists and those who would strengthen Quebec's anti-English language laws that Quebec's Anglophone community isn't going to take their beating sitting down.

It's a bloody shame that a man is dead, a man with no dog in the fight. A technician, from what I hear, just doing his job. Tragic.

Make no mistake, this is a sign of more bad things to come.

The man who died is a Hero/Angel
imagine if he wasnt there smoking outside
he saved a lot of people by being there at that moment .. not a coincidence
he probably saved Pauline Marois herself ..
the shooter had a AK-47 ready to make a big massacre similar to Aurora and the Sikh shooting
where the temple president was gunned down ..
that Sikh shooter probably also told "the english are waking up"
only bad people commit such massacre ..
good people dont use guns or are extremely responsible with it

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

The gun is a tool, to say 'good people don't use guns' is simply a ridiculously stupid thing to say. Sure, good people don't shoot other people without a darned good reason, but a gun is also a tool for recreational shooting, which many 'good' law-abiding Canadians participate in.

The best man I've ever known, my grandfather, the closest to a truly 'good' human being you'll ever find is an avid gun owner and hunter. His rifles are about putting food on his family's table, not about wanton death and destruction. For you to say that good people don't use guns is absolutely insulting not only to this individual man that I admire and respect, but also to the millions of responsible firearm owners in Canada.

Make no mistake, there are more than you think. Canada's a big ol' place. And while the majority of the population lives in cesspools like Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal etc, in rural Canada a firearm is still an essential tool for survival. In the far north, the ability to take a large game animal every fall literally means the difference between living well and starvation.

It's easy to make judgements from where you (presumably) sit. But the reality is never, ever black and white.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

good people dont use guns or are extremely responsible with it

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Just because you backpedaled on the rhetoric a little bit doesn't make the words you made the decision to use any less inappropriate and insulting. The fact is, good people DO use guns, and one mans idea of what constitutes responsible gun use might differ wildly from that of another. Being a responsible gun owner means following the law, in terms of trigger locks, gun safes, that sort of things. But the laws vary wildly from nation to nation.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I heard on the radion on my way to work this morning that the man had 5 weapons with him and 17 more at his residence. Good thing they cought him because with that arsenal, it could have been a lot worse.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I see what you mean now. you are absolutely right. But as you said, Labrador does not belong to Québec so I would doubt that they would try and take part of it. But then again who knows?!

We are likely to have another election within 2 years as Mrs Marois will try to get a majority government. If she gets it....things will start hapenning IMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
reply to post by Monger

We are likely to have another election within 2 years as Mrs Marois will try to get a majority government. If she gets it....things will start hapenning IMO.

And not all of them good.

I'm increasingly beginning to wonder if we shouldn't just put secession to referendum in every province. Many Newfoundlanders see themselves as Newfoundlanders first and Canadians second, just as many Quebeckers see themselves as Quebeckers first and Canadians second. Our two cultures are a lot alike in that regard, and believe it or not Newfoundland does have a thriving Francophone community.

Theirs been enmity for generations between Newfoundlanders and Quebeckers, and I for one am not entirely sure why. But having driven through the whole of Quebec several times with Newfoundland plates on my car I can speak to this personally. And I'm sure a Quebecker visiting here would feel equally unwelcome by certain elements of the population. My accent didn't earn me any kind remarks in rural Quebec, that's for sure.

There are fledgling secessionist movements in Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It dosent mattter what you stand for these days there will always be someone out to get you.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I agree, a lot of the things coming are not good for us!!! refering to a referandum of course. Mrs Marois is a very good politician with good visions and Ideals. I just dont like the separatist part of her objectives.

From living in Québec all my life, I can confirm from experience that a lot of Quebecers think of themselves as quebecers first and Canadian second (if at all). I on the other hand am proud to be Canadian and also proud to live in this beautiful province of Quebec. I was in the canadian army for many years (in Quebec but still) and when I was deployed in Afghanistan, I wasnt there for Québec alone but for Canada as a whole. I just cant understand people that build a barrier between the province and the rest of the country mainly because of language differences. Whether you are in Victoria, Halifax, Ottawa, or Toronto, when you bleed, its red, when your sad you cry. A human being is a human being no matter where you come from or what language you speak.

I have also had bad experiences in Ottawa, because I was a Quebecer...Like getting ID'd for smokes, I gave the teller my drivers license/ then health card (both accepted accross the country normally) to be asked to provide....get ready....a f***ing passport!!!!!!!! I was like...WHAT!! I'm not travelling I want to buy smokes for crying out loud!!!! That was many years ago. (Im 32 now and do not get ID'd much lol) I only mentionned that to show that its not only quebecers that have prejudice vs english speaking ontarians (or other canadians of course) but the other way around too. Living so close to Ottawa, a lot of situations like this occur.

When will people WAKE UP!!! we are all the same.

WE ARE CANADIAN!!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A political assassination attempt is never done by a lone gunman. NEVER!
Think JFK, at least a group of 25 assassins were involved!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia

Goes to show that things like this can happen anywhere.

no this is what they want you to think

Psychics protect the elite by phoning up police forces when they see attacks on people and events, over 200 phoned the city of london police the morning of 9/11

I was told about this number when i knew about the Mumbai train bombings and was telling my friend who works for the police

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join