It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Senate Candidate Supports Life Sentences For Rape Victims Who Obtain Abortions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You see what you want to see and so did she
actually, no ... we were following with the topic, which is not adoption.

this congresscritter from the OP didn't just make a comment, he previously supported legislation regarding same.

again, this topic is not adoption.
this topic is about punishment for receiving an abortion.
this congresscritter wants to segregate women only for punishment.
hence, my comment regarding fairplay certainly applies.

funny thing is, this topic isn't about pro-life anything.
so, why do you persist in derailing this topic ?

IF you want to fish for better alternatives, please start a thread on it.
i'm sure you'll receive all kinds of suggestions.

ah geez, the baby factories of today result from acts 40+yrs ago ??
where did you get that erroneous presumption ?

big deal, some guys go to jail for rape ... although, never for a lifetime and seldom for 10yrs.
so, why the harshness toward women ??
(yes, you said you didn't support his comments but you aren't exactly dissing them either)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Where do they find these people?

Is there like a min IQ you have to be under in order to be in the GOP?

It is no different from what Republican's and Democrats have been doing to men for well over a decade now. If a man is raped he can and is held responsible for the actions of the rapist. Even if it results in his death, the vast majority of white knights, manginas and female supremacist's of all political/religious/ non-religious stripes would support it. Heck some of you would even justify the man's death and try to cover up the sheer inhumanity of it all by proclaiming him a hero.

When society can so callously deny the humanity of 50% of the population, as has been done to males these last few decades, women shouldn't be surprised that their own humanity will eventually be denied.

"After all, aren't women doing a brave thing by giving birth to these poor and helpless little soul's? Little beings who didn't do anything wrong and only want to be loved."

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Disgusting that Democrats are pandering to women? This whole statement says where you stand and clearly your a man who thinks he is above women and that my friend is pathetic.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This doesn't even surprises me anymore. The Republicans are just lost in their own reality, they want "freedom, equal rights for everyone and less government" but every time they talk about the things they want to implement it's basically the opposite. They want the government to control abortions, they also oppose gay marriage and they want to say all this BS about freedom and equal rights? Please, that's why I will vote for Obama, I don't want the government to be controlled by these kind of people.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Honor93

Read my post about adoption in this country. I personally have family who went to Chile 3 times to adopt. She had to have a Chilean friend help her.
your point ??
my mate is adopted, as was his sister and 2 of my half-siblings, as well as a couple cousins ... all in the USA, can't be that dang difficult.

I know someone who adopted here in the US it cost $32,000.

The couple had a rich family member that was able to pay for it.

They adopted because they couldn't have children on their own.

They adopted a black baby "because it was cheaper" and they "didn't care about race" ...

that is EXACTLY what they told me.

They get weird looks from people all the time because they are white and their adopted daughter is black.

I think they did a wonderful thing. They are a very happy family.

Too bad more people couldn't do the same if they wanted ...

Adoption in the US is very expensive ... I couldn't do it ...

I also think abortion up to two months during the pregnancy would be alright but not any longer than that unless the mother's life is in danger ..

Just my two ...

Oh and by the way quit wearing your party like a badge and using their platform to do your thinking for you - it just makes you look like a mindless idiot.
edit on 6-9-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm against abortion. I'm a conservative. However, it's people like this guy that make SANE conservatives look batty. I look at abortions the way I wish Democrats would look at guns. If you don't like them, don't have one. It's that simple.

This is SETTLED law, by the SUPREME COURT! Roe vs. Wade. SETTLED!

Neither of the presidential candidates can override the Supreme Court. I wish the Dems would stop with the fear mongering on this. It's as ludicrous as the statements by this Senate candidate. If my wife was raped and impregnated with the rapists babe, I'd support her having an abortion. I'm NOT raising the kid, that's a fact. Is that murder? I don't know...maybe. I guess I'd have to wait until I meet my maker and be judged.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Oh and by the way quit wearing your party like a badge and using their platform to do your thinking for you - it just makes you look like a mindless idiot
would you kindly identify WHICH party that would be ??
seeing as how i'm not registered as D or R, what party are you so sure makes me look like a mindless idiot ??

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

the candidate for Senate from North Dakota, once voted for a bill

So this dummy voted for a bill most likely without reading it first (that's never been done)
And he was the only one who voted?
Could we get the other names please?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I'm against abortion. I'm a conservative. However, it's people like this guy that make SANE conservatives look batty. I look at abortions the way I wish Democrats would look at guns. If you don't like them, don't have one. It's that simple.

6 bystanders accidentally aborted by police during abortion.
Waitt what?
Apples and pine-nuts I guess.

It is not as much about overturning Roe Vs. Wade right now. Can you see what is being done to availability to abortion state by state?

10 States Where Abortion Is Virtually Illegal for Some Women

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Oh and by the way quit wearing your party like a badge and using their platform to do your thinking for you - it just makes you look like a mindless idiot
would you kindly identify WHICH party that would be ??
seeing as how i'm not registered as D or R, what party are you so sure makes me look like a mindless idiot ??

Sorry I should have separated that out from the rest, it wasn't aimed at you directly, it was aimed at nearly everyone in this thread!!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious
Can you see what is being done to availability to abortion state by state?

So don't live there, if you want to have abortions. 10th Amendment, it should stand. Same goes for gay marriage. if states want to legalize it, GREAT! Legalize it. If they want to ban it, then ban it. Pick your state, live there happily, and quit treading on the rights of people in other states. It's pretty simple, really.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Can you see what is being done to availability to abortion state by state?

So don't live there, if you want to have abortions. 10th Amendment, it should stand. Same goes for gay marriage. if states want to legalize it, GREAT! Legalize it. If they want to ban it, then ban it. Pick your state, live there happily, and quit treading on the rights of people in other states. It's pretty simple, really.

You go tell that to the person I was replying to and let me see you two argue about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

thanks for the clarification.
i'll own up to being an independent.

however, your posting concerned me because it seemed you agreed for the most part and then slid that comment in at the end.
truth be told, i doubt this congresscritter is representative of all Republicans.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

seriously ??? guess you both better grab a mirror

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sure makes me glad I dont have to deal with it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

WTF are you talking about?
Seriously, I have no idea what you are trying to convey here.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Nice!

I feel the same way about guns and I'm a pinko, it's your business, knock yourself out.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

WTF are you talking about?
Seriously, I have no idea what you are trying to convey here.

I tried too...

No bloody clue

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

in this post ... www.abovetopsecret.com... ... you said

You go tell that to the person I was replying to and [color=amber]let me see you two argue about it.

as i was following along,
i realized you 2 are responding to each other ... not some other poster.

you quoted navy_vet then instructed him/her to address the poster you replied to.
(the same navy_vet)
and to top it off, you then wish to see navy_vet argue with him/herself.

what's worse is both of you are saying pretty much the same thing, just differently and neither of you see it. i found the whole exhange humorous.

now that i answered your question, perhaps you'll answer this one ...
wouldn't life imprisonment following both a rape and abortion equate to a form of "cruel and unusual punishment" as is prohibited in Amendments 5, 8, 9, 10 and probably others but i'm not researching all of that right now ... however here's a link if you want to read it yourself ... constitution.org...

in case you aren't following or understanding, think of it this way ... a woman cannot be compelled to testify against herself, if her medical records are private (not evidence) and confidentiality is honored, how, in a court of law, could anyone prove she had an abortion ??

how could a Grand Jury be convened without either proof or a "body" ??
sure there is the circumstance that says one day she's pregnant and the next she's not but who's to say it wasn't a miscarriage ??
or, are we to be punished for those too ??
edit on 7-9-2012 by Honor93 because: add text

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

That's the problem. Too many government stooges on BOTH sides trying to tell other people how to live.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join