It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Hawk Helicopter Makes Surprise Landing in Woman's Backyard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If it were my backyard I would have went out back near the heli and started a bonfire. Gave them the finger and told them to get the hell off my property. We have had several problems around here with the local police hoovering at tree level above our house, now that pissed me off I could only imagine this incident. When I called in the department said they were just training and would be out of the area soon. Well that didn't make me feel any better, something about a heli hoovering above my house for a non emergency, what if they crashed?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
One thing comes to mind... Isn't it trespassing to enter a persons property for something found on an others property? Shouldn't they have had a search warrent to enter her property? No matter if it is through the front door or by air?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They use black hawks with DEA agents in full commando gear free roping out the side hatches when the go into California Marijuana fields. THey get a little over board I'd say. You'd think a stealthy approach would garner more results since people would not know to flee at the sound of approaching helicopters.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
the number of plants isn't always the issue. From my own experiences in california, the mexican cartels will kidnap wives and daughters of men they send up to the national forests to grow. As if that weren't bad enough, these guys basically destroy whatever area they're in with fires, empty cans, toxic pesticieds and contaminated water. I noticed after a while that most of the helicopters were being used to bust those guys and not the mom & pops....
so maybe this was more serious than just 60 plants. Plus the effect of a blackhack is powerful and sends a strong message to other illegal growers.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Yeah the onlyl time they go after the mom and pops in LA is when the grow is obvious from the street visually or if the neighbors complain waaaaaaay too much. Then they will respond. Other than that they will ignore most of the ops because the simply have too much more important things to do. Also, most people see it as a waste of taxpayers money to go after the little guys and complain to the law enforcement making and issue of the whole bust. Besides in California these days even if they go in and bust some guy for having a few plants the guy can probably call some shady doctor somewhere and have a prop215 prescription letter back dated sent via email right to the cops busting the guy, effectively getting him off the hook with local cops.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Anything in the open is subject to a visual search by law enforcement. Even "in the open" has nuance since a gun bulging under clothing is considered in the open.

There is the notion of exigent circumstances.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by elouina

Anything in the open is subject to a visual search by law enforcement. Even "in the open" has nuance since a gun bulging under clothing is considered in the open.

There is the notion of exigent circumstances.
en.wikipedia.org...

But does this mean they can just land their vehicles in another persons back yard? I think not!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
National Guard has been flying over and spotting fields for the local law enforcement in Missouri now for years. It's one of the few ongoing major cooperation efforts between national guard and state police but it's nothing new. Long before Obama came to power, anyway.

The way the news here describes it, plants give off different thermal readings and some stand out really well from others in dense clusters. I don't care for the tactics either way myself...but it's the source of the hardware and overlapping of duties that concerns me. Strictly legal doesn't make it right.

That is correct... the THC in the plant protects marijuana from the UV rays of the sun. These leaves absorb the sunlight and reflect at a specific temperature....they could pick out one plant but it just time consuming since the Kentucky 4-H Club grew the nations hemp seed crops and by the end of WWII there were more then 200,000 acres growing in the USA. The Midwest is full of "ditch weed" low grade hemp still reseeding its self from those fields.

I am against this practice. End the prohibition.... the problem is there is no money in it for big business and it would cut into the synthetic fiber industry and even the silk industry ......

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
They used 3 blackhawks for my dad's alleged pot plants. That was in Mississippi back in 1998. Its nothing new but they shouldn't be doing it.

For the record my dad was never indited.

They have been using it to acclimate the sheep to the Military and the Police becoming one.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
If it were my backyard I would have went out back near the heli and started a bonfire. Gave them the finger and told them to get the hell off my property. We have had several problems around here with the local police hoovering at tree level above our house, now that pissed me off I could only imagine this incident. When I called in the department said they were just training and would be out of the area soon. Well that didn't make me feel any better, something about a heli hoovering above my house for a non emergency, what if they crashed?

HA HA HA did that 3 years ago when they hovered over my house looking intently through binoculars at the three tomato plants we saved from the deer. I put them in 5-gal buckets outside the back deck......

However, the next year my neighbor had 96 vegetables growing and several years before that my other neighbors grandson was found......

We get the flyover treatment every year.... we should rename, Ramsey Lane ... Copperhead rd.......

Our 1.5 mile long private drive was the old Greensboro, NC to Roanoke, VA stagecoach rd.....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

But does this mean they can just land their vehicles in another persons back yard? I think not!

You have a point here. The idea is law enforcement needs to protect the evidence. However, landing in the backyard does seem a bit extreme. It would make more sense to hover over the dope and call in some ground force.

You can learn a lot about the drug war from two source. One is Bill Conroy of Narco News and Expert Witness Radio.
Narco News
Expert Witness Radio

The reference to Copperhead Road is probably for the Steve Earle song. It's a classic. Instead of making moonshine, the guy had another plan.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

Considering the mexican drug cartels are basically a private army, sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

The United States military is more than capable than utterly destroying the Mexican Cartels' ways of life and i believe they are going to begin using military might and technology to disrupt more of the drug trade.

The police have limited equipment, funding, and have a small window for making mistakes, law suits. We are virtually being invaded by a privatized army, and it needs to be dealt with sooner or later.

I believe that attack on the two CIA agents has brought a secret hell storm on the cartels' heads.
edit on 5-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Yeah im sure they have nothing better to do than look at your tomato plants through binoculars.Tell a better story next time please dude.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
uh actually on infra red tomatoes, hybiscus and oleander and cannabis all look pretty much the same to the camera. The helicopters are cruising around looking for outdoor plots that stand out in the same spectrum of green in infra red as cannabis. So often times they get a false alarm when they see a large plot in some one's backyard only to do a fly over and find tomatoes, or oleander etc...growing.

Happens every day.

So it's totally possible that the feds scoped out this dudes tomato plants.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Last month, a blackhawk came over my work, which is located in an area, known to grow marijuana. A few years ago, a helo had flown over this guys house, just across the street, the next thing we knew, Humvees and sheriffs were going up the guys driveway, Funny thing is, the guy had seen the Helocopter, and had burned all but one plant. LOL a lot of man power and money for 1 plant.

I could not agree withyou more glass bender,some cash and hassle for one little seed doing its thing,im glad the guy is safe all the same,i think we have come far enough as humans to not lock someone up for one seed growing away,but if they are harming people over this stuff,lock em up

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
uh actually on infra red tomatoes, hybiscus and oleander and cannabis all look pretty much the same to the camera. The helicopters are cruising around looking for outdoor plots that stand out in the same spectrum of green in infra red as cannabis. So often times they get a false alarm when they see a large plot in some one's backyard only to do a fly over and find tomatoes, or oleander etc...growing.

Happens every day.

So it's totally possible that the feds scoped out this dudes tomato plants.

Dam Bassplyr,i like your attention to details,thanks for the knowledge,not that i would use it but interesting all the same
[star] i like details

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

Considering the mexican drug cartels are basically a private army, sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

The United States military is more than capable than utterly destroying the Mexican Cartels' ways of life and i believe they are going to begin using military might and technology to disrupt more of the drug trade.

The police have limited equipment, funding, and have a small window for making mistakes, law suits. We are virtually being invaded by a privatized army, and it needs to be dealt with sooner or later.

I believe that attack on the two CIA agents has brought a secret hell storm on the cartels' heads.
edit on 5-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

I really hope so my friend,there has being a lot uneeded violence and death,i so hope they do like you believe

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgold

YEah an old trick is to mix the gardens together so there are lots of oleander, hybiscus or tomatoes growing within and around the other plantings. Also some people take flowers from other plants like oleander and place them on other types of plants to confuse the issue further.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join