It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic National Convention Discussion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Jeremiah65

God is on our (GOP) side.

Hurricane Isaac missed Tampa bay, Florida.

----------

The DNC got dumped on with - heavy - rain last night. No stadium rally for them.

That's what you get for purging GOD from the DNC platform.

There are ripple effects to your actions.

Did they really cancel the stadium event because of a 20% chance of thunder showers (you wouldn't cancel a football game or a concert because of that)? Or is it because of the 100% chance of a half empty stadium?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just two more...the part I snipped out, below, is the last point...it isn't really part of the two it was sandwiched between...

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER HARRY REID: "We can only imagine what new secrets would be revealed if he showed the American people a dozen years of tax returns like his father did.... Mitt Romney says we should take his word that he paid his fair share. His word? His word? Trust comes from transparency, and Mitt Romney comes up short on both."

THE FACTS: Reid has challenged Romney on his tax returns before, but this time Reid omitted an earlier charge that over the past decade, there were some years when Romney paid no taxes — an uncorroborated claim that Romney insists is false.

Romney has released just one tax return, from 2010 and says he'll release his 2011 return once it's finished. He has steadfastly declined to make more than two years available.

___

(...)
___

REID: "We learned he chose Swiss bank accounts and Cayman Island tax shelters over American institutions."

FORMER OHIO GOV. TED STRICKLAND: "Mitt Romney has so little economic patriotism that even his money needs a passport. It summers on the beaches of the Cayman Islands and winters on the slopes of the Swiss Alps."

WOMEN'S EQUALITY ACTIVIST LILY LEDBETTER: "...doesn't sound like a lot to someone with a Swiss bank account, Cayman Island investments and an IRA worth tens of millions of dollars."

THE FACTS: These are references to a $3 million account that Mitt Romney held for several years in a bank in Switzerland and investment funds set up in the Cayman Islands in the Caribbean. A trustee handling Romney's blind trust said that the Swiss account was active from 2003 until it was closed in 2010. The trustee said the account had been opened for "diversification." Romney still has active investment funds based in the Caymans, Bermuda, Luxembourg, Ireland and other foreign sites.

Notice how everything seems to be before or after 2010?

What happened in 2010?
Maybe he was officially given the go-ahead for candidacy...had to do some hasty damage-control/house-cleaning, perhaps?

It might be an uncorroborated claim...but if it is so patently unfair and untrue...then why not corroborate that? With documents.

If there is nothing to hide...there is no reason to hide the related documents.

Obama invests in US Treasury Bonds.
That's a hard thing to argue against any POTUS, don't you think?
Saying one believes in America does mean anything unless there is some kind of demonstration of such a claim. I think that investing in America demonstrates belief in America.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Obama's favorability is going up.

And he hasn't even spoken yet.

Out of curiosity...I looked up what several psychics had to say about this next election. Before Romney got the nomination they all said he would....and they also said that the race would be very close...and that President Obama is going to win a 2nd term.

As with most things in life...time will tell.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is it! Last one. And it is quite brief:

CHICAGO MAYOR RAHM EMANUEL: "I remember when the president received a report that the auto industry had a few weeks before collapse... And because (he) made the right choice, over one million Americans are still working today."

THE FACTS: Emanuel, Obama's chief of staff at the time, makes it sound like Obama was the one who saved General Motors and Chrysler. (Ford never applied for federal help). But, actually, the auto bailout program was started by President Bush, then extended and expanded by Obama.

Well...all I can say to THIS is...that if Bush isn't going to be assigned any accountability for being the President who started both of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, respectively...then why do we have to give him any credit for having a hand in any efforts made to try to limit the financial damage those two wars are STILL inflicting...and will be inflicting for many years, even decades to follow?

It seems to be accepted as fact that Obama both extended and expanded the two wars...and so he gets the blame for starting them and yet no one mentions his efforts toward stopping one and attempting to limit and stop the other...including the assassination of the very individual we declared war in Afghanistan in order to weed out and bring to justice...how is that not mischaracterization? Not to mention completely lacking any semblance of logic.

If Bush didn't break it...how could Bush have helped fix it?
If Obama broke it...then Obama has to fix it.

Neither one of those ideas are completely true and accurate, of course...or even logical...but that seems to be the trend as far as the current thinking goes.

And so does the GOP think that the auto industry bailout was a good thing or a bad thing?
This definitely clouds the issue even more.

edit on 9/5/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Out of curiosity...I looked up what several psychics had to say about this next election. Before Romney got the nomination they all said he would....and they also said that the race would be very close...and that President Obama is going to win a 2nd term.

My psychic told me President Mitt Romney wins with 320 Electoral Votes !

James Carville was right. It's the economy,stupid.

----------
The liberals got clobbered in Wisconsin during the Gov. Scott Walker recall election.

That was the warning. - Obama is doomed. -

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by afeent1

No...I think it was because of the weather.

Accu-Weather

Tropical humidity and downpours from the all-but-extinct Isaac will push slowly across the East through the middle of the week.

Isaac was officially downgraded from tropical depression status Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. EDT while moving over Missouri. However, problems continue at the local level not only from the weak circulation, but most importantly its tropical moisture.

The slow-moving nature of the downpours will pose a risk of flash and urban flooding. Some locations can pick up an inch of rain per hour during the pattern. Small streams and drainage culverts could quickly overflow, where the downpours persist for a few hours.

The potential for localized flooding downpours continues over parts of the South, but will reach as far north as New England as the week progresses, perhaps impacting cities from Atlanta and Charlotte to New York City and Boston.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Don't need a psychic for that. I concluded the same thing out of rational path considerations about 2 years ago (post-flip of congress).

The closeness in key states however will be accomplished by a mix of voter surpression, and mail in voter fraud...but it won't win it in the end. will get a few districts mind you, but overall...

This election wasn't about getting Romney in office..it is about getting Ryan a platform and pushing his agenda into mainstream. Consider Palin after 08 and how for 2 years she was basically a star. Same thing, but this time, getting a platform as the star verses some ditz.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
More for the people who are so far left that they claim they didn't see any lies from the DNC ...

AP Factcheck - DNC Speakers Embellish Obama Record, Mislead on Romney
When you all are done reading the previous links with info on DNC lies .. you can get more here.

It's always hard to find truths coming from the DNC Speakers.

The AP caught them. - busted -

Did we really expect anything different? It's just more of the same with them. I really hadn't expected to see Rahm still supporting the Prez after being pushed out of the WH as described in Edward Klein's book, The Amateur. I understand they had major differences of opinion on things.

On a side note, even if Obama wins, there's still a chance Repubs will win the Senate and then Bammy will be a Lame Duck Prez who will rely on EOs to get what the Left wants.
edit on 5-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

My psychic told me President Mitt Romney wins with 320 Electoral Votes !

Honey, you are wasting you money on that "psychic". And God is angry at you for using a psychic...God shall strike you and your ilk down in a wrath. ~So Sayeth the Shepherd! …So Sayeth the Flock!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yah nancy and Joe are so religious. It was really just a mistake that Joe's priest told him to forgo communion if he continued to actively support abortion while in office.

And Obama is sooo religious he slept through all of Rev Wright's anti-American rants about chickens coming home to roost.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The psychics and astrologers are always for Obama. I checked out his astrology chart years ago, and while they may have correctly predicted his WH win, they are clearly personally in the tank for him.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

More for the people who are so far left that they claim they didn't see any lies from the DNC ...

When you all are done reading the previous links with info on DNC lies .. you can get more here.

It's always hard to find truths coming from the DNC Speakers.

The AP caught them. - busted -

Did we really expect anything different? It's just more of the same with them. I really hadn't expected to see Rahm still supporting the Prez after being pushed out of the WH as described in Edward Klein's book, The Amateur. I understand they had major differences of opinion on things.

On a side note, even if Obama wins, there's still a chance Repubs will win the Senate and then Bammy will be a Lame Duck Prez who will rely on EOs to get what the Left wants.

Obama will lose.

Clint Eastwood made this race a runaway for Romney / Ryan.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

At least some people get it, and it is good to see that more and more people are becoming aware of how phony the two party system is. During this HOPE AND CHANGE of Obama, we got continuation of the Patriot Act, NDAA, HR347 and Obamacare....conflict in Libya, Afghanistan and I will be shocked if there isn't conflict with Iran in the near future. Continued support for too big to fails, a failure to clamp down on Wall Street and etc......

and from what I could stomach of Michelle Obama's speech, I noticed how the emphasis was on government reliance, big brother will be there looking out for you - yet another reason why we are in the mess we are today.

edit:

Before I get labeled as a troll again, I personally don't think Romney will be any better....personally I think chances of a war with Iran increase with Romney.
edit on 5-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Just Hilarious!...so I tried to track down the actual AP Story since Newsmax isn't a news source...it is crap outlet.

I couldn't find the article until just now....THAT is because Newsmax and all the right wing outlets actually changed the HEADLINE when they reposted the story!

What is making the rounds...

Actual Headline?

Some Obama programs embellished by Democrats

Here it is on the AP
AP LINK

It just cracks me up that the right is so trained to BS, that they have to even "Embelish"..oh the irony...the actual AP Headline!!!!! On a Fact Check article of all things!!!

It just doesn't feel like Right Wing News unless you SPIN it!!!
edit on 5-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Clint Eastwood made this race a runaway for Romney / Ryan.

No, the Republicans made this election about race by inviting Clit Eastwood:

The election has been decided....nobody wants a race war...unless you have an (R) next to your name.

edit on 5-9-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I didnt watch the REP convention and am not watching the DEM convention, I have never been a big fan of drinking kool aid. The only thing I know is that we just hit over 16 trillion dollars in debt and that is just the tip of the ice berg, and last I checked both parties got us in this mess and that is a fact. So keep drinking it up(kool aid) and go look at me, my guy got in, it is OK, lets just keep kicking the can down the road. Its broke and right now no one has a clue how to fix it,nether party. I really dont feel being a member of either party right now is somthing we should be proud of as Americans.But hey thats just my 2 cents worth. You asked.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Uh oh, the Democrats are scrambling. They just voted on the floor to change parts of their platform back to the 2008 one. Specifically that Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel and that everyone has the right to live up to their GOD given abilities.

In less than 24 hours from the start, the Democrats cave to pressure.

Sorry, no link but it's happening live.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Mayor Castro just mentioned God, and there was silence since most Dems despise God.
He also mentioned prosperity, yet almost all Dems believe in equality.

who the HELL are you to decide who believes in god or not?

go outside and get some fresh air, the bipartisan political crap is rotting your brain.

jesus christ!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

I didnt watch the REP convention and am not watching the DEM convention, I have never been a big fan of drinking kool aid.

You don't necessarily have to be a kool aid drinker to enjoy a tour of the kool aid factory

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."

Thomas Jefferson Year 1802

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join