It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic National Convention Discussion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Alxandro
Mayor Castro just mentioned God,

Guess he didn't get the memo ...
ATS thread - Dems Drop 'GOD' and 'Jerusalem' from party platform

Just because "God" is not in their political platform does not mean that "God" is absent from their personal lives.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Check out their video.
DNC Video: "The Government Is The Only Thing We All Belong To" by GOPICYMI
www.youtube.com...

Originally posted by jjkenobi
It seemed like Michelle's speech was trying to sell people on... the government. How great the government is, how we should all be part of the government, how the government is like a big parent to take care of you. At points I wondered what country I was actually in. Russia? Germany? Cuba?

edit on 5-9-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
...I did NOT hear lies tonight, whereas I heard them repeatedly from the Right speakers.

THEY ALL LIE.

Washington Examiner - Democratic National Convention Disasters

But the biggest disaster from Tuesday actually began Monday at a training session for Jewish Democrats held by the Obama campaign. At the event, Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz claimed that Israel’s ambassador to the United States had accused Republicans of being “dangerous” to Israel by criticizing President Obama’s record. The Israeli Ambassador to the U.S., Michael Oren, then released a statement Tuesday “categorically” denying Wasserman Schultz’s claim.

Wasserman Schultz then went on Fox News, where she denied ever saying that the Israeli Ambassador told her Republicans are dangerous for Israel. She also attacked The Washington Examiner‘s Phil Klein, who originally broke the story, for “deliberately” misquoting her. Problem is, Klein taped Wasserman Schultz speech to the Jewish Democrat training session. You can listen to the audio here. She clearly says, “We know, and I’ve heard no less than Ambassador Michael Oren say this, that what the Republicans are doing is dangerous for Israel.”

town Hall - Democrats Won't Admit Their Side Lies

Lies Told at the DNC

American Spectator - DNC Lies About Civil Rights Record -
Wasserman Schultz is involved in this one too. No surprise ... I don't think she knows how to tell the truth.
Wasserman Schultz Lies about Obama Super Pac

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by queenofswords
I feel like I need to go wash the syrup off after listing to Michelle. Dripping with it! All emotion and no substance. But, it got the conventioneers stirred up with emotion, I guess.
edit on 4-9-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

Syrup huh?

Really?

Talking about the struggles most of us face is a great way to connect with voters,
unlike spouting off empty slogans that have been repeated for the last 40 years.

edit on 4-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

Talk is cheap, and both sides are quilty of it. There is nothing new here. The new day will dawn when we can have a middle-class citizen making a bid for this office......sooo that will never occur.....everything remains the same! "Meet the new boss...same as the old boss!" (The Who).

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Obama's favorability is going up.

And he hasn't even spoken yet.

Oh Oh.... just checked all the major polls, 63 % still think the country is on the wrong path, and a good 49% have a discoverable opinion of him. 5 percent are not sure yet. On the national stage Romney leads it 48% to 43%.

When he speaks he will flop because the real superstar Bill Clinton will steal the thunder. The man who said that only a few years ago, Barry would have been carrying their bags. Clinton is going to praise all of his achievements and then the people will realize that Obama is no Bill Clinton. Bill will have tossed Obama under the bus and Obama will never see it coming. I've waited for this moment for so long now. I can't wait to watch Clinto praise Obama as he compares him to his own achievements. Brilliant I tell you, simply brilliant !

edit on 5-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Maybe nobody here cares, but the DNC removed God from their platform.
Madeline Murray O'Hare would be proud.

Exclusive: Democrats Drop 'God' From Party Platform
blogs.cbn.com...

Matthew 10:12

"Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.

Enjoy the festivities, just thought you ought to know who wasn't invited.

I am very curious. Exactly who was the person that stood up and said " Lets remove GOD

from the democrat platform ???

Was it George Soros ???................Obama?............Who ???

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

...I did NOT hear lies tonight, whereas I heard them repeatedly from the Right speakers.

THEY ALL LIE.

Washington Examiner - Democratic National Convention Disasters

But the biggest disaster from Tuesday actually began Monday at a training session for Jewish Democrats held by the Obama campaign. At the event, Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz claimed that Israel’s ambassador to the United States had accused Republicans of being “dangerous” to Israel by criticizing President Obama’s record. The Israeli Ambassador to the U.S., Michael Oren, then released a statement Tuesday “categorically” denying Wasserman Schultz’s claim.

Wasserman Schultz then went on Fox News, where she denied ever saying that the Israeli Ambassador told her Republicans are dangerous for Israel. She also attacked The Washington Examiner‘s Phil Klein, who originally broke the story, for “deliberately” misquoting her. Problem is, Klein taped Wasserman Schultz speech to the Jewish Democrat training session. You can listen to the audio here. She clearly says, “We know, and I’ve heard no less than Ambassador Michael Oren say this, that what the Republicans are doing is dangerous for Israel.”

town Hall - Democrats Won't Admit Their Side Lies

Lies Told at the DNC

American Spectator - DNC Lies About Civil Rights Record -
Wasserman Schultz is involved in this one too. No surprise ... I don't think she knows how to tell the truth.
Wasserman Schultz Lies about Obama Super Pac

Debbie Wasserman Schultz better stop lying or she will get fired.

It's hard to argue when you listen to the tape. OOPS!!! - busted -

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Mayor Castro just mentioned God,

Guess he didn't get the memo ...
ATS thread - Dems Drop 'GOD' and 'Jerusalem' from party platform

I thought that was interesting , and fits in well with the topic I started a few days ago.
Why the groups that are even more conservative than most conservatives vote Democrat
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The transcript

www.foxnews.com...

She prayed to God for just one grandbaby before she died.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

this part especially caught my interest,

And I can still remember her, every morning as Joaquin and I walked out the door to school, making the sign of the cross behind us, saying, "Que dios los bendiga." "May God bless you."

edit on 103030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
dnc - you have a problem...
read the letter from the dnc attorney.
www.wnd.com...
and others
www.scribd.com...
and
www.scribd.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Btw, Obama's economic recovery is slower than Reagan or even Bush 43.

Much deeper hole.

Until we stop the war we are involved in....against terrorism...in Afghanistan, now, primarily...the hole will continue to deepen no matter how fast we try to shovel dirt in...and no matter how many of us are shoveling...in a sense, we have already got a hole straight through to China...if you dig what I mean.

Obama got rid of the terrorist....why won't congress allow a vote on when to pull out of Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Exactly. Only the zealots require one to wear one's faith on their sleeve and tattooed on their foreheads, because for them, symbols are MUCH more important than actions. Modern Christianity is so dumbed down and opposite the Bible. All you need to say is, "Jesus is my personal savior" and then you are free to do anything, lie to any length, spew hate until the cows come home and you will be loudly cheered. Christ-like actions will get you abused and rejected though.

It is like the faux patriots who get all righteous if a politician does not wear a flag lapel pin.

Sorry folks, only poseurs wear flag pins or swing the cross around.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
reply to post by jibeho

Don't play cute, you know exactly what I'm talking about

Obama, is an illegal alien, communist, muslim, who is going to become a dictator,
who destroyed the economy in 2008 , invented street drugs and started both wars.

Really? Wow...what an amazing trick since he wasn't sworn in till Jan 20th 2009.

I won't play cute if stop pretending to be smart...hows that?

I'm a Libertarian but you people make me lmfao....

Obama won't be defeated because he is an illegal alien...he won't be defeated because he's a Muslim (which religion has nothing to do with office...there is a Mormon in the house!) Invented street drugs...wow...didn't know he was 100's of years old. And started 2 wars? How about 1...Libya.

Obama will be defeated because of the continuation of the Patriot Act, NDAA, HR347 and Obamacare...(though Romneycare is exactly the same)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
I am very curious. Exactly who was the person that stood up and said " Lets remove GOD

from the democrat platform ???

Was it George Soros ???................Obama?............Who ???

Whoa.

Deja vu.

I thought I already answered this.
Oh! I did! But it was on another thread...

Just a refresher and to bring this thread up to speed...

Wasn't it (and I quote myself)

T. Jefferson, J. Madison, and a few of their peers?
Directly inspired by John Locke, perhaps?

And I should clarify...since there were no democrats or republicans back then...only Federalists...and *gasp* Democratic Republicans...the idea of church and state being separate was an idea applicable to the United States government in general and as a whole.

The Pilgrims sought escape from a platform that included a particular state-chosen idea of GOD when they set sail for Plymouth Rock...and the Founding Fathers kept this in mind when drafting the structure of the new national government.

One cannot complain about disregard for the constitution and omit the foundational importance of the First Amendment.

At least not without a great deal of hypocrisy....imo...to which I have a right to, according to the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Exactly. Only the zealots require one to wear one's faith on their sleeve and tattooed on their foreheads, because for them, symbols are MUCH more important than actions. Modern Christianity is so dumbed down and opposite the Bible. All you need to say is, "Jesus is my personal savior" and then you are free to do anything, lie to any length, spew hate until the cows come home and you will be loudly cheered. Christ-like actions will get you abused and rejected though.

It is like the faux patriots who get all righteous if a politician does not wear a flag lapel pin.

Sorry folks, only poseurs wear flag pins or swing the cross around.

We don't go that far. You are just being delusional. ( It won't work BTW)

In God We Trust will remain on our money.

We will continue to say the Pledge of Allegiance in congress.

We will thank God for our lives whenever we want to.

The DNC purge of GOD from their platform has revealed their - true colors -.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

No. You are missing the big picture.

Truth be told God was in the DNC platform in 2008.

Really? Wow !

-------------
Now in 2012 someone stood up and proposed the initial idea.

- Lets purge GOD from the DNC platform altogether. -

Who was that person in the year 2012? George Soros???......Obama?....Who ????

They must have a name.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

"Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.

Mathew 6:6

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

God does not require public displays of faith.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Really? Wow !

-------------

They must have a name.

Great question! I think when you find the answer to it (if you can), a whole lot of other things will be revealed.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
I feel like I need to go wash the syrup off after listing to Michelle. Dripping with it! All emotion and no substance. But, it got the conventioneers stirred up with emotion, I guess.
edit on 4-9-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

That's kind of how I felt after listening to Ann Romney's speech last week...and while I did enjoy her speech and was pleasantly surprised to find that I do somewhat find her to be much more personable that I thought she was after her comment on that morning news show where she allegedly did not say 'you people'...her speech was basically built on the theme of "this is why I like my husband and why you should like him, too.'

Michelle Obama's speech seemed to be more along the lines of 'this is why my husband and I like America and like Americans.'

I especially liked the statement she made about President Obama not really caring if someone was a Republican or a Democrat...either implying or stating (forgive me as I cannot recall which it actually was) that we are ALL Americans.

And I liked the part about being able to marry whomever you want...and of course there was the standing ovation for the part about how being President doesn't change who you are but rather REVEALS who you are.

Ann Romney made a couple of statements about how she HEARD and SAW how hard it has been for most of us to simply get by these last few years...but there is no doubt that Michelle Obama KNOWS from experience how hard it is and how it is not the same as it used to be when we were growing up...our parents lived in a different world than we live in as far as being able to dream that proverbial American Dream.

Maybe it is just simply the fact that there are two versions of the American Dream...one that includes everyone and one that only includes a few...

True, Mrs. Romney has had her personal struggles and I was surprised and saddened to know she struggles with MS...but it turns out that Mrs. Obama's father also struggled with MS...the main difference being, I think, though, that the latter's struggle was compounded by the daily struggle that includes having to go to work...not a desk job, either, but a blue collar job...and not missing very many days, per Mrs. Obama's account, of that struggle.

I was totally blown away by both of the prime-time aired speeches last night...the first being the young mayor of San Antonio and then Mrs. Obama. My mom even said that both of the speeches came straight from the heart...last week, we were both struck by the total lack of sincerity demonstrated in the various RNC speeches, except for Mrs. Romney, that is.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Mathew 6:6

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

God does not require public displays of faith.

Very good scripture! Thank you!

Seek the truth: Matthew 6:6

Purging God is a bad idea.

The DNC got caught.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Really? Wow !

-------------

They must have a name.

No, I think YOU are missing the 'big picture.'
But it seems that the Democrats might be regaining their perspective on that big picture.

What does it matter WHO said it?

It was a good idea, no matter who it was...maybe it wasn't just one person...more likely it was a generally emerging consensus based on the issues coming forward this election and especially the issues in the Middle East as well as same-sex marriage equality and the vital importance of the middle-class/working/average American family...who are not necessarily concerned about GOD so much as they are worried about eating...or about whether their President is a religious person or what religion their President subscribes to...or donates to.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join