It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic National Convention Discussion

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Now I really wanted to hear Biden go off script, so disappointing. (but really, if Biden can't be trusted to deliver a speech, how can he be trusted to take over the white house if the need arises?)

I can not imagine how in the world the MSM would cover Biden as POTUS. Just the thought makes me feel like Slim Pickens riding the bomb in Dr. Strangelove. It would be entertaining to say the least.

edit on 9/6/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm probably going to vote for Obama because no way could I vote GOP ever again and no third party candidate seems viable, BUT...Joe Biden sucks.

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Biden as POTUS. Just the thought makes me feel like Slim Pickens riding the bomb in Dr. Strangelove. It would be entertaining to say the least.

edit on 9/6/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
reply to post by jam321

He's the biggest liability on the ticket.

Washington types say he is so fantastic but, to me, he comes across as a drunk uncle talking politics at Christmas.

Word is Ryan has spent 60 plus hours preparing for the debates...I don't even know if I have the stomach to tune in for that cage match....

Biden plays strictly to the lunchpail crowd. He's not concerned with how the Beltway "elites" perceive him. That's what he brings to the ticket. Just because you "miss" that doesn't mean he's not effective in that capacity.
Bring on the debate!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I was not aware of that...and feeling somewhat bad about not even being curious until you mentioned it...thanks for the link.

That is a sad thing Joe Biden had to live through.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

That was more of a joke to say his family was killed by TPTB in order to convert him to the cause. The Vatican was used as the power broker. Not proposing this as fact at all.

Was 18 at the time and before 08 had no interest in politics.
edit on 6-9-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I can see that...but his beltway friends LOVE him too. It's just all the rest of us who don't get it.

This speech was painful but sincere.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

That was more of a joke to say his family was killed by TPTB in order to convert him to the cause. The Vatican was used as the power broker. Not proposing this as fact at all.

Was 18 at the time and before 08 had no interest in politics.

Oh, okay. I was seriously wondering what you seemed to be implying.
There's a lot that can be learned by following political threads like this...there's always someone who's more informed on certain aspects, and if you're curious to explore it's a great starting point for doing your own research.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Kind of an anti-climactic lead in to Obama's speech.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yes, I got the implied meaning you made with the Vatican comment.

But I was just commenting on the sadness of losing a wife and baby at the age of 29....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Neither one misinformed!
Turned out it all was true, combined.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Anyone else see the shot and pan of the crowd and you got two younger black guys tossing up gang signs?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Obama's early focus on the military seems designed as a deliberate counter to Romney's lack of discussion on the subject at RNC.

Yup, just confirmed it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yeah, the gloves are off. He is going point by point on some of Romney's gaffes of late.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

deliberate counter to Romney's lack of discussion on the subject at RNC.

Deliberate or not, it works.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Anyone else see the shot and pan of the crowd and you got two younger black guys tossing up gang signs?

LOL

Was it an Obama sign?

Republican/Democrats are nothing but legal gangs
edit on 6-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Young man in Colorado earning a medical degree...for a second I thought he was going to praise James Holmes.

Speaking of which, gun control has to be coming soon doesn't it? I'd be surprised if shootings are ignored, and I don't remember Romney speaking about domestic violence either. They all should address crime, imprisonment, and poverty more than they do.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Obama is doing a lot of talking, but he's isn't saying anything. He's selling hope like the preachers sell salvation in the church every Sunday. You get a little high. A little dopamine rush from the magnetic oratory, but when it is over, and the dopamine expires, you're back to square one.

That's all I have to say.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So, how did the DNC platform go from not mentioning God or Jerusalem to Obama talking about getting on his knees (as if to pray), having faith and actually using the word, "scriptures".

I'm shocked.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My thought following the two conventions.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE THE RISE OF A MAJOR THIRD PARTY?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Oooh a "gridlock" mention right off the bat.

A strong "everyone pulls together" slant.

"Take two tax cuts, roll back the regulations, and call back in the morning." Great sound bite.

"Made in America". Energy self-sufficiency. Health insurance.
Citizenship. Women's issues. Gays. Military. So many bases to touch as an incumbent. Nearly impossible.

Reaching out for help from "us", the people. He's admitting that he alone can't do what needs to be done to get this country back on its feet. He's inspired by "US" this time.

We'll see if it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join