It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to make an announcement on Jay Leno's show tonight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I just a reminder. I didn't see anyone else talking about it.

What will he announce? Third party run, Gary Johnson's VP choice, I just don't know.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I hope it's that he's going to retire.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

did you bother to search? theres like 8 of these threads already.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Internet high five

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If RP goes 3P, then he's in league with BHO.
I can see no other way to explain it. There's no way a third party candidate will win in November. I'm not saying "not ever," but not this soon.
Then the Paulites will be the scourge of the US... Just like the Perotistas were in the early '90s.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

If RP goes 3P, then he's in league with BHO.

Oh yeah, because the GOP didn't lie, steal, cheat and basically kick him and his supporters out of the party.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I don't know how to do a link. But if you go to Jay Leno's site and look at the preview of Ron Paul, Jay asks him about a third party run. He doesn't sound like he is going to do it. Watch the link. Sorry I don't know how to link.
edit on 9/4/2012 by RedBeardRay because: Because i'm an idiot.
www.nbc.com...

edit on 9/4/2012 by RedBeardRay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Starts in one hour.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
[url=

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It's not right what happened with Paul, but politics, especially at that level, is a very dirty game.
If you want to send a message, and re-elect BHO, you will regret being part of it. Like all my friends who voted for him in the first place.
The Tea Party is way more organized than any third party outfit, and they're presently unable to maintain the level of control needed for a nationwide party.
Be patient, grasshopper

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Well, he's clearly going to retired, he's said so himself. The 2012 elections are his last hoorah.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
reply to post by Wookiep

It's not right what happened with Paul, but politics, especially at that level, is a very dirty game.
If you want to send a message, and re-elect BHO, you will regret being part of it. Like all my friends who voted for him in the first place.
The Tea Party is way more organized than any third party outfit, and they're presently unable to maintain the level of control needed for a nationwide party.
Be patient, grasshopper

The reason why the tea baggers are unable to maintain a nationwide party is because that doesn't interest their controllers the Koch brothers.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

Then the Paulites will be the scourge of the US

We already have a scourge of the US. They are called the Democrats and Republicans. Yes it would be such a horrible thing If RP were elected and this country went back to the way the founding fathers wanted this country to be run.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

3rd party does not equal Obama, no idea where you are getting that from. Maybe you're just hurt that Pauls supporters aren't voting Romney, and instead mostly going for Gary Johnson.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

In this case it would. Look at the demographic of Paul supporters. In large part, they're ticked off about irresponsible spending, taxes, and the Fed. This is a group who would most likely vote for someone other than Obama.

It's the same with the Ralph Nader people, who in 2000 tipped the scale in Florida, handing the election to Bush II.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yes... Then in a matter of time, the Paul people will "go bad" too. No one can change the nature of politics and how all governments function.

It's a cornucopia of corruption.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That is not entirely correct. Most Tea Party groups are regional fiefdoms. Larger organizations, such as Freedomworks, dispense marching orders but they are seldom followed.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

on the front page.

Closed.

~Tenth

top topics

join