It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49 drones light up the sky in art installation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...
49 drones light up the sky in art installation

A German art and technology group has put together an interesting and possibly record-breaking show by sending 49 tiny drones into the air, outfitted with lights, to dance and form shapes during a festival.

The art collective, Ars Electronica, has been planning the Sept. 1 show for a few months, and although it's not quite as impressive technically as the martial demonstrations it's a lot prettier. They've cut it together artistically in this video

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

They say “They've cut it together artistically in this video”
Don’t know if that means it didn’t really look like this, but it may lead to some interesting UFO reports.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I believe they can be that highly synchronized and the effect you mention might just be the splicing of the video footage to make it flow better with the music.

This high level of maneuverability is quite an asset, especially when observation is crucial.

Plus they would be quite intimidating flying in a formation.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So much for the UFOs, guess they're all drones now. Pretty video. One shape looked like a DNA double helix and shape looked like all seeing eye. They was also one that looked like that sighting that was in vegas recently. Cool find.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Now that would be some cool advertisement for any company...I like the idea...naturally there will be those who say this will be used for the wrong reasons however most good things can be applie to do evil things...that's pretty cool....I can picture this being used instead of a plan with a banner going over a beach at night....would make for one hell of a proposal for some lucky lady...
edit on 4-9-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The article didn’t say how high/far away these things can fly, but I can see advertising possibilities.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh.. I want some! I can see the next step with good computers and maybe just one more generation of control units on the little drones. SKY WRITING!

Can't you imagine it? You could have these rotating position and turning off and on in sync to appear as the scrolling digital wording across a deli board or ticker.

Gee... What would I have write itself out over some people's head's at night in words so big, it can be seen for a mile or more in all directions? I'm sure I could come up with some things, if pressed.

It's great to see a more light hearted display of the technology than just things designed as hunter/killers.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
They say “They've cut it together artistically in this video”
Don’t know if that means it didn’t really look like this, but it may lead to some interesting UFO reports.

It looks like there's some splicing and some time compression in parts (FF). I wonder what it looks like without the edits?

I was thinking the same thing about UFO reports. People will say "there's no way Chinese lanterns can maneuver this way", and they'd be right!

new topics

top topics

join