It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to make announcement TONIGHT

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ron Paul is going on Jay Leno TONIGHT to "Make a big announcement" ... It's to take place at 10:35 CST.

Could it be to accept the VP position under Gary Johnson? (GJ did say he'd choose Ron Paul...remember this?)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm going to put positive energy into it and say yes. Because that guy would definitely win if he had Ron Paul on his side. Hands down.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i've been waiting to see what this big announcement was since Friday night but I don't think it has to deal with RP still running tho. (As vpotus or potus)

However I do see him announcing what he plans to do when he retires. Like if he's going to work closely with the liberty movement or something of that nature.

EDIT: I do hope he says that he's running as GJ's VP or GJ letting RP take over the Lib ticket.

I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.
edit on 9/4/2012 by ugie1028 because: added comment

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

Could it be to accept the VP position under Gary Johnson? (GJ did say he'd choose Ron Paul...remember this?)

That would be the BEST thing he could do at this point.

That ticket would make some waves….I think they are stronger and more appealing together.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
please dear God let this be him announcing a VP run.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I honestly don't know if he can be Johnson's VP. I have looked over everything I can find and it appears Jim Gray is a lock in for the VP. It would be good for the party and good for the chances of a win if Jim gray were to voluntarily step down and allow Ron Paul to take the position. I wouldn't however harbor hard feelings if he didn't...but this would definitely help the future of the Libertarian Movement by bring it fully into mainstream. Ron Paul has garnered just enough notoriety and support that people will listen..and that is a damn good start for us Libertarians.

We will have to wait and see. My money is going on an endorsement, nothing more...which IS NOT going to be a bad thing...on Leno no less. It will be a great boost to visibility and viability for the Libertarian party.

Either way, it can only be a good thing...unless his announcement has absolutely nothing to do with the election.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wouldnt that bring hope for change back! The thoughts that come with this are much like dreaming about what you would do if you win the lottery winnings
Man a vpotus ron paul and a potus gary j.
That would bring all the rp support without the "crazy" pins the media uses so no real downside to it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

Wouldnt that bring hope for change back! The thoughts that come with this are much like dreaming about what you would do if you win the lottery winnings. Man a vpotus ron paul and a potus gary j. That would bring all the rp support without the "crazy" pins the media uses so no real downside to it.

I agree! Those two together would make some waves and get the buzz going again. I think together they’d pull votes from both parties.

However, alone they will both fail IMO. This race could get REALLY interesting!

edit on 4-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
he basically stopped campaining what, 2 months ago ?

he's on leno

this will be more for leno's benefit. maybe he's going to go to the streets and see if anybody recognizes him

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Although that may just be a plan. Ive read that some say he is tptb, so he gets in under gj to make everyone on the fence about participating jump back into the game. Then he loses, their man gets in and with all the numbers and the total media control it is easier to bury the evidence. A quick suck back into their little house of cards. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

he's on leno

this will be more for leno's benefit. maybe he's going to go to the streets and see if anybody recognizes him

Maybe...

or it could also be THIS. I don't think his foot is completely out of the pool just yet.

Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have asked myself this a few times after hearing the news why have a important message on Jay Leno? I hope its a great announcement. But be honest with ourselves how many people have actually watched Leno in the past 5 years?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

Although that may just be a plan. Ive read that some say he is tptb, so he gets in under gj to make everyone on the fence about participating jump back into the game. Then he loses, their man gets in and with all the numbers and the total media control it is easier to bury the evidence. A quick suck back into their little house of cards. Just a thought.

That is entirely plausible….that is if “their man” is Obama.

I think GJ/RP would make a solid showing but I’m not sure that ticket can actually win at this point in the race. Though they will pull votes from both parties, this move will OBVIOUSLY hurt Romney more than Obama.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l

Could be, but using that type of logic, anything can be twisted into a conspiracy.

IMHO if RP was a member of TPTB, he'd have a more prominent role in our media and wouldn't have been saying the same things, unchanged, for the last 40 years.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Will be watching tonight! Can't wait to see what happens. Thanks for the headsup!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I have definitely had my moments of questioning like this. I always go back to his voting record too. Others in the race have far more damning voting records.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Whether right or wrong in his positions, he strikes me as one of the few remaining honest brokers in Washington.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

he's on leno

Maybe...

or it could also be THIS. I don't think his foot is completely out of the pool just yet.

Time will tell.

true

he could announce literally anything. I doubt it will be a 3rd party run, he would essentially hand the election to obama ross perot style.

he does still have a day job, so lets hope he's going after the fed again !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join