It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Doesn't Matter, Or Does It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So you'll hear over and over again that voting doesn't count and the game is rigged, so it doesn't matter if you vote or not. If this is the case, why are there so many attempts from the Republicans to disenfranchise non-Romney voters? Why go through all the trouble of creating new laws if it doesn't matter?

New voting laws in 19 states could keep millions of Americans from voting for president in November, says a voting rights expert. And changes to laws in three swing states -- Pennsylvania, Florida, and Ohio -- could determine the election outcome, he says. (July 27, 2012)

Hmmm...

GOP aims to get 3rd-party hopefuls off Pa. ballot

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - The state Republican Party is challenging petitions by members of the Constitution and Libertarian parties to get their candidates on Pennsylvania's ballot for president, vice president and a number of other offices.

www.abc...##.###/story/19307690/gop-aims-to-get-3rd-party-hopefuls-off-pa-ballot

It's obvious that the GOP are terrified because they know few actually like Mitt Romney. They are now acting as an UN-American big blob of tyranny to stop non-Mitt voters. If it didn't matter, why put in the effort?
edit on 4-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The logistics of rigging a decentralized nation wide elect are staggering... And all but impossible BUT!

The candidates we receive to vote for ARE rigged...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It matter to the elite, they want you to think you have a choice....but you don't have one.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I love your posts, even if I don't agree with them...

To answer this one, the reason is because it's like WWF Wrestling... they HAVE to put on a show to make it look real, otherwise you don't buy into the illusion.

What happens when people feel like they don't have a choice? They rebel and eventually revolt.

Can't have that, now can we.

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I understand the whole theatrics excuse.....but MOST Americans aren't even paying attention to the voting laws. I'm in Ohio, no one knew about the early voting cancellation unless they were overly political..

Why go through all the trouble making individual laws in a ton of different states to help skew the outcome in their favor if they control it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IsThisThingBugged

The candidates we receive to vote for ARE rigged...

That I agree with. Obama was the Goldman Sachs candidate in 08, now it's Romney this time around. Ron Paul was bankrolled by a Bilderberg steering committee member, Peter Theil. (Paul groupies do not DE-rail the thread)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Why do rich people always feel like they need to have more money? The same reason those with power want more.

Those in power are always looking to tighten the noose. Wherever they can close a loophole, they will, and Ohio is just one example of that. You'll notice that it almost always happens when people are paying the least amount of attention, to reinforce your point.

~Namaste
edit on 4-9-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Its simple they are just shoring up their ability to keep the elections rigged. They cannot rig every single vote count from ever single precinct in America. They just need enough to swing the election to where they want it. These laws are just insurance it stays that way.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That's a good question

From the UK perspective, even though the elite has influence over both the main parties when it comes to the big decisions (such as Iraq war and coming Iran war), there still remains smaller differences between parties. For example, Labour are much better for the working classes than the Conservatives. So on a domestic level, voting does matter IMO. It's on the international level where the elite demonstrate their true influence.

Also remember there are good politicians out there, the elite do not have full control. They work non stop to make sure they have influence over each party.

I would always remind people the elite do not outright control governments, they infiltrate as far as they can, but ultimately they use their influence- they work hard to convince members of Congress or parliament that said nation is a national security threat and need to be invaded etc.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I know but it just seems like so much effort for no real outcome. I guess it's possible...I don't fully buy it though. I don't doubt that voting is rigged to an extent, but pre-decided a year in advance...I have a problem believing it.
edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

top topics

join