It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Claptons' One-Off Ferrari 458 Italia - SP12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
While the Ferrari 458 Italia is a beautiful sports car on its own, this takes the vehicle to a whole new level. Named the Ferrari SP12, refreshing the old 512 boxer look, I really hope this car sets the stage for a future production model Ferrari. I just love the way it looks and am quite interested in what engine Ferrari put in the vehicle.

From the source:

In 2010, Eric Clapton headed down to Ferrari and put in an order for a special order car. What he asked for was a 458 Italia that was designed to look like the 512 Boxer. Now Clapton didn’t just want the exterior changed, he also wanted Ferrari to put in a V12. We are not sure exactly what V12 was put into his car.

Now skip forward two years, and you are at the unveiling of Eric Clapton’s Ferrari which is being dubbed as the Ferrari SP12. It is an extremely expensive one-off, and is downright pretty. The SP12 features a Boxer-like rear deck, lower trim and what looks like Enzo headlights.

They also refreshed the style of the 512 Boxer hood for the SP12 as well. All in all, it is a very interesting car. Eric Clapton had a great idea and Ferrari really pulled through for him.

Full Article - Autofluence.com

edit on 4-9-2012 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: Grammar!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

That is a beautiful piece of machinery and I am lost for words, thanks for sharing and a star and flag from you shall recieve

I wish I could afford one of those!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JosephKnecht

Likewise! While I don't think I'll ever be able to justify (or even be able to consider) spending that kind of money on something like a vehicle, it's nice to dream!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
kind of ironic that now it looks like a maclaren mp4-12c.
he might be good at playing guitar, but not car design.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kino321

I don't see much of a resemblance, just my opinion.

This on the other hand, I do recognize the familiarity
:

Peace!
edit on 4-9-2012 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: Picture!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
And I bet some one told him to stop wasting his time banging on his guitar when he was a kid.
Just goes to show try hard at something you love and you too can have a Ferrari.

new topics

top topics

join