It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier hit in chest with a mallet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
And to think, we give them loaded weapons, not to mention bombs, tanks, aircraft......
I realize this is standard military gung ho attitude, but come on.

Just to clarify, no, I don't think most of our military is like that. But, if you're dumb enough to stand still for something like that, I don't want to be around you while you have a loaded weapon.
edit on 6-9-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Its kind of funny to watch people who have never served react to things like this. Its the military, a job that requires to kill the enemy. Violence is part of the culture. It is a part of the bonding that goes on. I suppose if you have never played sports, served in the military or even been in a frat or hell even marching bands have hazings. Was this over the line? Perhaps. It is also a part of our culture, I do not expect most of you to understand.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

You never answered my question, should we have a military?

Yes we should. BUT, only to defend our borders from invasion or to defend Americans overseas when it becomes necessary to take such extreme measures to send in the military - this is for things like the hostage situation in Iran years ago - and then, only to get our people away from Terrorists, not to start a war with another country or occupy land we wish to control.

Ok, so how do you propose to build this military? Do you think that the people that volunteer to serve get to choose what posts they get, what duty stations or deployments they go on?

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This just goes to show how STUPID kids are today enlisting for the U.S. Military. They serve a corrupt nation with a corrupt agenda - not even to protect our way of life from invaders - as it should be.

So would these kids suddenly become smart if they were to serve in the capacity that you think they should?

You can't have it both ways, you can't say "These people are stupid for enlisting" in one breath , and then say "But we need the military to save us from terrorists in the next breath"

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

I was at French Creek at Camp Lejuene, 2nd SupBn, DSU...unfortunately attached to SPMAGTF and Recon. I saw a guy get pretty much hogtied and thrown into the New River inlet just for his bloodstripe.

This was the early nineties mind you...and not really talked about. Not all hazing was bad, but I saw some bad ones. Plus, this was around the time when "Don't ask don't tell", "Tailhook" and the female attending the Citadel ruled the news. They got real hard and cruel towards females for a while there, they really had a lot of resentment towards us. The military has really cracked down on hazing, but there's always some form of it going on in the underground culture that makes up the Marines.

Then again...what would you expect from bored Marines? It was peacetime, the Gulf War was already over. I still have wicked pride in my Marines and always will.

It was what it was.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join