It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier hit in chest with a mallet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
NVM....
edit on 4-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath
If anyone's ever had a panic attack they'll know what I'm getting at, but that must have been terrifying when he leaned over the desk and realized his lungs and heart just stopped working properly for a minute and that's all it takes to put you down. When we have these attacks we feel it mentally and physically. We wheeze, our heart skips or it goes fast and hard or slow and weak and it makes you think you're dying.

Difference between us and him is that he probably was actually dying. And he couldn't say anything because he didn't want to "disgrace" himself in front of his peers.

But hey, he's fighting for our freedumb.

My opinion, he disgraced himself by not refusing this stupid stunt.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
reply to post by jiggerj

should have been an axe
STUPIDITY

And he would've done it. Jeez! Actually, I can't believe he didn't get at least three broken ribs out of this.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Too bad for him its on video. He probably would have went to the pub and claimed he got a purple heart for that!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Because soldiers aren't all that smart in general I guess.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
NVM....
edit on 4-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

YES DRILL SARGEANT!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

indeed these hazings are perverted forms of initiation
homer however, is correct re bonding

though i agree with you, [sorry home']

some forms of bonding we could all do without

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I can't tell from the video which gang hes getting jumped into? Was it the blood or the crips?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, it was part of my military time, I dont regret it and remember it with a smile

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I agree, the mallet is just plain stupid, but its no different then other military's initiation rites, heck, these things have gone on for thousands of years in other armies

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
That was a stupid thing to do, but on another note...that soldier is SUPER frail
...that guy needs to hit the weights ASAP. I don't care if you're a law clerk or admin, thats UNSAT.

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
reply to post by jiggerj

Marine Corps hazing is absolutely brutal and inhumane, I saw (and experienced) what they did from promotions to getting bloodstripes or jumpwings. I have no idea what unearthly punishments they have now since the advent of these new wars.

Holy crap...those guys think they're f***ing Spartans.

I got my jaw unhinged for the rank of PFC...and I'm a chick.

Where in Gods creation are YOU stationed?
Getting your Jaw unhinged for picking up PFC? REALLY!?! That's hard to believe , I'm guessing you were in MOS school when it happened. Are you in the reserves? I dunno what "Brutal & Inhumane" things you experienced, but I've never seen anything close to brutal or inhumane. I left as a Sgt, most of the promotions were with chevrons with the backings off, but that was optional. I've pinned a couple of my Marines and it's an honor. Guys we really liked got a wetdown.

What was the aftermath of you getting your jaw unhinged? That's insane, It must have been a female. A male Marine isn't going to let another dude punch him in the face...lol With females, peer pressure and you trying to fit in, I could see how MAYBE you stood there and let another female Marine punch you in the face, that's the only way I could possibly see the scenario going down, and if that happened...that's pretty much YOUR fault. Don't try to make it seem like we're a bunch of barbarians and this is a regular thing, civilians have no Idea how strong the UCMJ is...It's not like in the movies, if you break someones jaw, that's an instant Article 15 MINIMUM! I saw a guy get busted down 2 ranks for something similar...

If you're a civilian and you're reading this...the scenario is probably entirely plausible in your head so you'll think I'm going overboard. If you actually served in the Corps...you'd understand how far fetched this is.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath
If anyone's ever had a panic attack they'll know what I'm getting at, but that must have been terrifying when he leaned over the desk and realized his lungs and heart just stopped working properly for a minute and that's all it takes to put you down. When we have these attacks we feel it mentally and physically. We wheeze, our heart skips or it goes fast and hard or slow and weak and it makes you think you're dying.

Difference between us and him is that he probably was actually dying. And he couldn't say anything because he didn't want to "disgrace" himself in front of his peers.

But hey, he's fighting for our freedumb.

So essentially you can't control your thoughts and you trick your body into thinking it's dying? Try meditation...Seriously.
edit on 5-9-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Too bad he wasn't KILLED. Perhaps if a few kids get killed over this it will stop these stupid practices.

This just goes to show how STUPID kids are today enlisting for the U.S. Military. They serve a corrupt nation with a corrupt agenda - not even to protect our way of life from invaders - as it should be.

This shows how stupid, ignorant and undisciplined our soldiers are including their superiors - you want these stupid kids protecting YOU? I don't.

And you wonder how these people could grow up to be corrupt politicians and businessmen who are involved in corruption? They learn that behavior In the Military. They become cold unfeeling machines who have severe mental disorders. And people think this is normal?

If there were ANY real men in the military this type of thing would have been stopped on day one when the first hazing happened back in 1776. Sadly, there are No Real Men in our military only adult children playing solider with guns!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Too bad he wasn't KILLED. Perhaps if a few kids get killed over this it will stop these stupid practices.

This just goes to show how STUPID kids are today enlisting for the U.S. Military. They serve a corrupt nation with a corrupt agenda - not even to protect our way of life from invaders - as it should be.

This shows how stupid, ignorant and undisciplined our soldiers are including their superiors - you want these stupid kids protecting YOU? I don't.

And you wonder how these people could grow up to be corrupt politicians and businessmen who are involved in corruption? They learn that behavior In the Military. They become cold unfeeling machines who have severe mental disorders. And people think this is normal?

If there were ANY real men in the military this type of thing would have been stopped on day one when the first hazing happened back in 1776. Sadly, there are No Real Men in our military only adult children playing solider with guns!

So you're basically saying we don't need a military?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If you would like to talk about ignorance then you should read your own comment. If you really think that all military members are dumb and full of severe mental health disorders then the main stream media sure has got you fooled. Your obvious hatred for the military is showing through quite nicely. What's the matter? some soldier piss in your cornflakes or something? You have the mindset that the us government has been trying so hard to put out there recently. I'm sure I won't change your opinion because I am just one of those cold unfeeling machines with severe mental disorders by your deffinition.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

If you would like to talk about ignorance then you should read your own comment. If you really think that all military members are dumb and full of severe mental health disorders then the main stream media sure has got you fooled. Your obvious hatred for the military is showing through quite nicely. What's the matter? some soldier piss in your cornflakes or something? You have the mindset that the us government has been trying so hard to put out there recently. I'm sure I won't change your opinion because I am just one of those cold unfeeling machines with severe mental disorders by your deffinition.

Thanks for admitting your shortcomings. Thats the first step. Were you drafted? Nope. That proves my point right there.

It's not that I don't think we need a military. I hate anyone who serves this corrupt totalitarian regime and that includes you since you asked for the job.. nothing personal you understand. Nothing doing with the MSM, I formed my own opinions over years of knowing servicemen and knowing who they serve. I feel the same way about Cops in general. Our Military might be a good thing IF the people ordering you grunts around weren't so corrupt - and if you grunts stood up to your commanders when they ordered you to do something that wasn't in the best interest of our country.. like go to war for oil and financial gain or to control an area they wish to exploit. When you guys start telling your commanders NO and and stop enabling them.. ( term used is the same vain as the psychiatrists do) then perhaps we can get this country back on track to be the Peoples Republic it was designed to be.

Tell me.. why did you enlist? How many threats to our country did you help to thwart? They don't think you have a brain, thats why they expect you to follow orders without question. If you do question, you get reprimanded - but hey.. your conscience might be right, what then? If you openly disobey, you can be court marshaled. In my 44 years the USA has been to war many times, not one time was it sanctioned by Congress. Times when they should have gone to war like against Israel in 68 when they sunk the USS Liberty they didn't do squat, for an Agenda, not to uphold and support the Constitution as they should have done. Just one example of the people you are so willing to serve. You guys are no better than hired thugs for the Mob in this respect. Start saying No to these clowns.. do you duty to the Constitution by defending against enemies foreign AND domestic ( your corrupt politicians and illegal warmongers) then we'll talk. Trouble is you guys can't see clearly because you are too close to the problem and let yourselves be willingly controlled by those corrupt powers.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by usmc0311

Thanks for admitting your shortcomings. Thats the first step. Were you drafted? Nope. That proves my point right there.

It's not that I don't think we need a military. I hate anyone who serves this corrupt totalitarian regime and that includes you since you asked for the job.. nothing personal you understand. Nothing doing with the MSM, I formed my own opinions over years of knowing servicemen and knowing who they serve. I feel the same way about Cops in general. Our Military might be a good thing IF the people ordering you grunts around weren't so corrupt - and if you grunts stood up to your commanders when they ordered you to do something that wasn't in the best interest of our country.. like go to war for oil and financial gain or to control an area they wish to exploit. When you guys start telling your commanders NO and and stop enabling them.. ( term used is the same vain as the psychiatrists do) then perhaps we can get this country back on track to be the Peoples Republic it was designed to be.

Tell me.. why did you enlist? How many threats to our country did you help to thwart? They don't think you have a brain, thats why they expect you to follow orders without question. If you do question, you get reprimanded - but hey.. your conscience might be right, what then? If you openly disobey, you can be court marshaled. In my 44 years the USA has been to war many times, not one time was it sanctioned by Congress. Times when they should have gone to war like against Israel in 68 when they sunk the USS Liberty they didn't do squat, for an Agenda, not to uphold and support the Constitution as they should have done. Just one example of the people you are so willing to serve. You guys are no better than hired thugs for the Mob in this respect. Start saying No to these clowns.. do you duty to the Constitution by defending against enemies foreign AND domestic ( your corrupt politicians and illegal warmongers) then we'll talk. Trouble is you guys can't see clearly because you are too close to the problem and let yourselves be willingly controlled by those corrupt powers.

You never answered my question, should we have a military?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

You never answered my question, should we have a military?

Yes we should. BUT, only to defend our borders from invasion or to defend Americans overseas when it becomes necessary to take such extreme measures to send in the military - this is for things like the hostage situation in Iran years ago - and then, only to get our people away from Terrorists, not to start a war with another country or occupy land we wish to control. (something a small group could handle) We already have way too many bases in other countries when we have no business being there. Tell me, where is the British army base in the USA? Where is the Israeli base in the USA? I could go on but you get the point. It's not our job to police the world. They use that as an excuse to gain a foothold in foreign lands.

If we had a real military here doing it's job we would not have tons of Mexican cartel thugs crossing the border daily with guns and drugs and killing our people. If you guys are going to defend our country, then stay here and defend it, not someones agenda overseas that doesn't effect us. ( obviously the national guard isn't doing this job)

Don't say, Oh but we have to protect our national interest overseas The Mighty US dollar. No you don't. This is how agendas and corruption happens. Let what happens overseas happen. Let the local governments do their jobs to protect the American visitors on their soil if they can. If they cant, and it a situation that's bad for the US dollar then we should learn our lesson and not do business in that region. The US government has this notion the the world economy has to revolve around the US dollar. That's what got us into many of the problems we have now. If stopping doing business overseas hurts the economy here then so be it if it causes more problems than good. We will learn to adapt once we get the corruption out of government and learn to be phosphorous again.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
and some folk wonder where the american military gets a reputation for being braindead meat-heads from...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I am no longer on active duty. I was also on active duty before the war in Iraq broke out so even though I do not nor did I ever support war in Iraq I still had to go. We follow orders that are legal because if Soldiers or Marines questioned every order unit cohesion would go into the toilet and the military would fall apart. The problem with saying no to war if you are on active duty is that you will end up spending along time in the brig. Not something people with families are willing to do.

I agree with you that our leaders are corrupt war mongerers. Nothing will ever change when those are the people calling the shots. Believe me I am just as angry with them as you, but bad mouthing military personel will get someone nowhere. We must get to the root of the problem in order to really inact change. There are alot of good people in the military that are stuck in a bad position and dissention is growing in the ranks. I wish we could end these wars but that is out of my hands and the rest of the country doesn't seem to care enough to try to make any changes. I didn't mean to come down on you hard with my post as I see we are pretty much in agreement of the real problem.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join