It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Thank you so much, very sweet of you to say and Im so glad you can " feel it", as inspired words seem to reach me to my core as well.

I wonder about the what ifs too! Lol

We live in a world with endless possibilities so the hope of my many what ifs remain.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Glad to see you took my advice

If I may add: Read it with an open mind. Try to see what the core message being presented is. It is (in my humble view), worthwhile. I would suggest that the world would be a far better place if more people took it to heart

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have heard it said (and it's also my belief) that the teachings in the Bible were not written for the 'layman' or general public.

Before the Bible was 'put together' by the powers that be of the time, the individual teachings and scriptures were written for Initiates that were already travelling the path and had a certain level of understanding that most of us do not have.

The Pistis Sophia is an even harder collection of teachings to comprehend, as this is meant for students or initiates that are even more advanced.

Of course anyone can read the Bible and understand the basics or the 'jist' of what it's trying to teach and lead a good life, but I believe the teachings go much deeper, and deeper still.

There are several 'layers' of understanding contained in the teachings that depending on the intitiate's level of comprehension and 'spiritual advance' mean and teach different things. The same passage or parabel can give a basic to an advance teaching depending on the reader.

I believe also that it's not enough to just read the Gospels (or any spritiual text) and understand them with the intellect, each indiviual parabel, passage or page needs to be meditated upon to fully comprehend what is being taught. This could take a lifetime, maybe more!

I'm not trying to justify all the misunderstanding that the Bible has caused, or make sense of the 'fairytales' that people see when they read the Bible, this is just what I have personally believe.

Again, the above is just my opinion and belief...

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

And that's all that there is and all that it is about, AND MORE!!!

Just think if a pitiful lump of dirt and flesh can reach the pinnacle of truly knowing what it is to be like to know truth or even glimpse the face of God, what would that tell God of the creatures He created? Those lucky enough to reach for the stars and actually see this, would be the truth paramount of appreciation.

So if that is the mountain and loving our neighbors is the mustard seed, why can't we do this equally?

Something inside tells me that we leave no one behind, save one, which can be a topic of later debate, but if can appreciate God despite of our flaws as He truly is, this precludes that we'll leave no one behind...or we'll all decide to sacrifice ourselves, there is no middle ground that's why it's so important that everyone know. The work we do as loving thy neighbor will light up the world and the lives of others who might be watching from afar and decide to do the same, with is empowering and worth-while...it's not the tree that shows we are good, it's the fruit of it that does...no tree which is evil or bad or rotten can produce good fruit...so grow and prune your tree so that no rotten limbs are found to corrupt it...cut that rotten limb off and you'll see two or three limbs which produce good fruit grow to replace it...the rotten one...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by jiggerj
I have to disagree with you here, Defcon. I know that Jesus spoke in parables that referenced being faithful to god. I just don't think so with this speech. He didn't mention or even allude to being faithful to god. I think he was talking about how anyone should/could survive in this world. I could be wrong. If you have evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it.

Just read the whole thing in context, and you'll see what its about:

Matthew 6:25-34
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

God is saying, don't worry, have faith, and God will provide for you.

The phrase 'God will provide for you', is he providing the basic necessities as in Manna falling form the sky, or does it mean that God will provide through others? I live with a bunch of aging veterans that go throughout the city - to the Salvation Army, a veteran food pantry, the senior citizen center, and some churches - to get what they can't afford to buy. Is this what is meant by don't worry about these things? If so, then I can't argue with it. Was there this much charity back in the days of Jesus?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by jiggerj

I don't believe I trashed it at all, the council of Nicea did that long ago. What many people that blindly believe every story and word in the Bible don't realize is that God did not write these books. Men did. There is alot of history and meaning in the Bible and even if it was not the basis for Christianity I would still have it on my bookshelf. God bless you.

Then what is the point of the bible if people can believe in this part, but don't believe in that part? Some have mentally thrown away the O.T. Some say, this part didn't happen, but this part did.

If god really wanted all of mankind to know him, how can it be so confusing? Some of us may love our government, some may hate it, but every American (or citizens of any nation) will agree that it's our government.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

As that little bird never worries for its food, God created the food for it, BUT you do not see God throwing birdseed in its nest....the bird has to go forth and find it and it is the going forth and the finding that humanity needs to relearn again.

If we all grew gardens no one would be hungry, if we all watched each other's back, no one would be double-crossed...if we truly had the intent on protecting each other no one would allow the other to put them harm's way.

Or

Going further, no one would allow certain untruths to propagate in a society which holds a higher standard of truth to be its goal. In reference to half-truth, propaganda, lies, deceit, all of the negative aspects, but only allow those pure and true to be expressed....it's really simple when you break it down into right or wrong, but to do this we'll NEVER ALLOW any compromises to TRUTH, but one should know what truth is and many think they do but they don't. The key to this is discernment of both right and wrong. You must know both before you can divide each one from the other. Wheat and Tares parable, and often the tares look like wheat, smell like wheat, but there is one aspect of a tare and wheat that may be different, and if we overlook it we can't see the forest before the trees....keep practicing, you'll be able to do it...trust your gut feeling and intuition, that's what it's there for....you feel truth in your gut....and that feeling indicates a decision must be made and never compromised on...I just hope you all make the correct and true decision...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

If you look into how the Gospels were put together it makes more sense. Mark is the earliest complete Gospel we have and focuses less on the miracles and supernatural aspects, the later the Gospel the greater the embellishment.

Jesus is very hit or miss on moral advice. On the one hand he tells you to love your enemies but in another verse he tells his followers that only those who love HIM more than their own families are worthy of him.

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:26

Now admittedly the word hate isn't the best translation for the above verse. A version in the 10th chapter of Matthew has the more gentle translation:

“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

But still that's a pretty messed up thing for the son of God to say, the idea that he's going to be jealous if you happen to love your own family more than him. Especially in the context of modern Christianity, you don't even get to meet Jesus or hang out with him in person the way his disciples did, you have to love him more than your own family without ever having met him.

Also, the zombies rising from the grave in the verse you mentioned, it's often overlooked by Christians entirely. I honestly didn't know it was in the Bible at all until, in my late teens, I endeavored to read the entire thing from front to back. Consequently reading the entire Bible, and actually paying attention to what I was reading, began the downfall of my faith. The amount of cognitive dissonance present to believe this stuff is immense.

The mistake many layman makes is to use singular or a few qoutes to justify one's actions and beliefs or disbeliefs. It would only lead to the danger of mis-interpretation and fantasy.

To comprehend those qoutes, you would need to cross reference it with historical data of the era.

Judea was corrupted and divided monarchy ruled by ambitious and greedy humans both in the court and religious rabbitical circles, without a care and concern for the jewish masses except as slaves to support their lifestyles, all under the thumb of the tyrannical and cruel Roman Empire.

The old and senile, as well as the rabbis, knew which side their bread was buttered, and toed the roman line, and taught their children to do the same, to place figurative collar chains of enslavement around their neck, away from divine guidelines.

The few young, whom had beneffitted by being subserviant to the devil worshipping Roman Empire, taught their parents to do the same, to ensure their own priviledges are continued.

Thus came our Messiah, originally to save the common jews, but as pagans began to believe in his teachings, prepared to discard their false worshipping, his compassion and message encompassed all humanity, just as our common Creator's love and compassion has for us all.

In ancient days, the family was the nucleas of societies, and thus the elders was often respected, honored and words followed. Unfortunately, times had changed in the first century, from nomads to farmers, to city dwellers, with the rise of heretical empires and dangers of extinction to mankind, which those elders had followed and passed on to the young.

Thus those words you qouted from our Messiah, to arrest those wrongs and set the path for mankind to follow, which today is still relevant for the progress and growth of societies. He never taught to abandon families, but only to seek for the truth, as painful as it often is.

Take for example our today's political climate:-

The old and senile whom had grown comfortable with the past will not want change. But change is inevitable, as population and technology grows.

They grow rebellious and insist on their way, and teach their young to do the same, without realizing that they have only a few years more to live, but it will be young whom will have to live with the consequences in a changing world that waits for no man.

Same with the young whom had the opportunities to join the elite club, but slammed the door of opportunity shut to others, to maintain their own continued priviledges, and demand their parents to resist change.
edit on 5-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

True charity begins at home where the heart is. Giving charity to another as giving a dollar to someone who is in need is true charity, since you saw him or her needing it in person.

If you give to an organization to feed the poor souls in diverse places of the world, that is not charity, that's giving your money to an organization that may or may not use it in the right or true way. Only yourself can judge what is true charity and what isn't.

What's worse is if you see and recognize a person needs charity and do not act, that is horrible, and you'll have to judge that for yourselves. Don't be a bystander, be a person, be truth. Take the sayings Jesus gave you and "Be a Jesus" to someone else who needs it. That's what it's all about...simple and unconditional love.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48
reply to post by jiggerj

Thanks for your reply, CW. Yes, there is a lot of wisdom in the bible, but we don't need the bible for that wisdom. How hard is it for civilized man to understand cooperation? As in, if you don't steal from me, I won't steal from you; you don't sleep with my wife and I won't sleep with your wife.

Apparently very hard for civilized man to understand! Look all around us...every day that passes brings less civilization from the human race! Albeit not everyone, but there is blatant disregard for peoples' possessions including seducing other's spouses. So many people appear to have the mindset, "every man for himself,"as they covetously, without regret make their move! And "the S..T hasn't even hit the fan yet", so imagine the uncivilized scenario that awaits us...not a pretty picture from what I've gathered!

Yeah, we humans are an inconsistent lot. Our morals seem to rise and fall in waves. And it's been that way all through history, regardless of religion.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

true so true...good questions my friend...great work there...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

In another thread it was suggested that I read the New Testament. Admittedly, it's been years since I've done this, but I used to read it often. Like the religious today, I allowed my eyes to glaze over the utterly ridiculous parts. I don't do that anymore. For instance, the following are considered the wise words of Jesus:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

If this is such great advice why don't we all just quit our jobs. Let's teach our kids that when they grow up they have no need to save money for the future, no need to spend money on food and clothing. Yep, real super advice.
----------------------------------------
And then there's this from the NT.

Matthew 27: The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus’ resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Really? I mean, REALLY? And the mature religious adults with an IQ over 80 believe this happened? Come on now.
-------------------------------------
Religion has been an ongoing conspiracy against the masses for thousands of years. Isn't it time to really look at what you're buying into?

edit on 9/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

While some responders believe that you are seeking confirmation about the alleged fairy tales of the Bible, others think that you may actually be searching for guidance in an attempt to reclaim your begotten Faith.
I reside firmly in the latter group. And the Lord God has led me to share with you, this reminder. I'm sure you will understand the Why...

AKJV John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know. 5 Thomas said to him, Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me......
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.....
25 These things have I spoken to you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid...
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in me.

The Lord Jesus, is the Way, the Truth, and the Life...I see that He resides in you.
And, know that your emptiness is because the prince of this world, has taken control of it. And as his worldly power takes hold of those around you, it also works to undo as much Faith as it can.

Where we fail as Christians, is in our lack of ability to discern the Truth from the deceptor.
It's all there in black and white, with a little Red. Read the Red, and the fairytales will shine bright with the Truth.

God Bless

I swear I am not searching for god. I am searching for logical, rational, feelable, truth. And right now the truth is even if there were a god as described in the bible - NO WAY would I worship him.

I'll admit that the massive amount of information in a living cell has me quite boggled. But, I would still go with an intelligent alien race playing god with our DNA rather than a mystical being waving a magic wand and creating us and the universe.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I know. I was just joking.

I made a thread before making an argument that because the energy around the gray matter is the actual "thoughts", maybe the mind is the "space" being aware of these thoughts.

Maybe what I said there is similar to what you are saying here.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

In another thread it was suggested that I read the New Testament. Admittedly, it's been years since I've done this, but I used to read it often. Like the religious today, I allowed my eyes to glaze over the utterly ridiculous parts. I don't do that anymore. For instance, the following are considered the wise words of Jesus:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

If this is such great advice why don't we all just quit our jobs. Let's teach our kids that when they grow up they have no need to save money for the future, no need to spend money on food and clothing. Yep, real super advice.
----------------------------------------
And then there's this from the NT.

Matthew 27: The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus’ resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Really? I mean, REALLY? And the mature religious adults with an IQ over 80 believe this happened? Come on now.
-------------------------------------
Religion has been an ongoing conspiracy against the masses for thousands of years. Isn't it time to really look at what you're buying into?

edit on 9/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

While some responders believe that you are seeking confirmation about the alleged fairy tales of the Bible, others think that you may actually be searching for guidance in an attempt to reclaim your begotten Faith.
I reside firmly in the latter group. And the Lord God has led me to share with you, this reminder. I'm sure you will understand the Why...

AKJV John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know. 5 Thomas said to him, Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me......
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.....
25 These things have I spoken to you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid...
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in me.

The Lord Jesus, is the Way, the Truth, and the Life...I see that He resides in you.
And, know that your emptiness is because the prince of this world, has taken control of it. And as his worldly power takes hold of those around you, it also works to undo as much Faith as it can.

Where we fail as Christians, is in our lack of ability to discern the Truth from the deceptor.
It's all there in black and white, with a little Red. Read the Red, and the fairytales will shine bright with the Truth.

God Bless

I swear I am not searching for god. I am searching for logical, rational, feelable, truth. And right now the truth is even if there were a god as described in the bible - NO WAY would I worship him.

I'll admit that the massive amount of information in a living cell has me quite boggled. But, I would still go with an intelligent alien race playing god with our DNA rather than a mystical being waving a magic wand and creating us and the universe.

The problem with that theory, is that even if it were true, it still does not solve the mystery of the origin, It just pushes the question back a little further. Where did THOSE aliens come from? Even if everything evolved, it all goes back to the big bang and the question of what came before it, and it's origins.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

When shall I come and appear before God?
For I shall yet praise Him,

Very nice. You, like every person believing in the top three religions, simply can't wait to die. And you can't wait to spend an eternity worshiping your god.

This is so wrong.

Forget the worshiping for an eternity part. If I were god and gave life to man on earth, I would equate it to this: A father walks into his teen's bedroom to tell him he can move into the loft over the garage. However, the teens room is a total disaster. Why should the father reward the child with a loft when he has made such a mess of things in his room? Why would God allow anyone in heaven when he can see what a mess we've made of ourselves and our planet?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by jiggerj

I don't believe I trashed it at all, the council of Nicea did that long ago. What many people that blindly believe every story and word in the Bible don't realize is that God did not write these books. Men did. There is alot of history and meaning in the Bible and even if it was not the basis for Christianity I would still have it on my bookshelf. God bless you.

Then what is the point of the bible if people can believe in this part, but don't believe in that part? Some have mentally thrown away the O.T. Some say, this part didn't happen, but this part did.

If god really wanted all of mankind to know him, how can it be so confusing? Some of us may love our government, some may hate it, but every American (or citizens of any nation) will agree that it's our government.

Its only confusing because people throw up judgements and assumptions and make it harder than what it has to be my friend. God is really simple. People however complicate him because they assign human traits to God. I do read the bible sometimes, mainly the books of proverbs and song of solomon. I think that God does want us to know him but the only way to do really and truly do that is by devoting a few minutes a day to praying and talking to him. Personally I do it every morning when I'm sitting on the porch at sunrise drinking my coffee. I love nature because when I see the harmony in all the things around me it amazes me and reminds me that there really is a great architect. It amazes me that the majority of christians carry their arse to a church on Sunday to listen to some other guy tell you what God is and is not and then look at you like you're absolutely going to hell because they can't comprehend that God is IN you and you only need to look within and not in a damn church to find him.

Last year at this time I was fighting for my life. The doctors told me I had maybe 2-3 months to live. I had tumors in my brain, sinus cavities, lungs, abdomen, everywhere. I was eaten up with cancer bad. I started reading alot of accounts of near death experiences from people of all walks of life and all cultures and ethnicities. What interested me the most about it all was that everyone who died and saw the light saw exactly whatever it was that they believed in. Hindus saw Krishna, Christians saw Jesus, Catholics saw the virgin Mary and on and on. Many of them say that they saw God and talked with him. When they were told that they had to go back several of them had the presence of mind to ask him, "which religion is the correct one?" The answer was always the same. He would always say, "whichever one brings you the closest to me." To me thats pretty powerful and shows true unconditional love. God does'nt care how you relate to him, he just wants you to try. Men are the ones who squabble and bicker about the nature and worship of god.

I do believe the Bible can be a good guidebook. I believe alot of it has been altered/mistranslated/misinterpreted. Perfect example is Exodus. It never said that Moses parted the Red Sea. It said the Israelites crossed the REED Sea, which is a marshy around the mouth of the Nile. The Catholic church has refused to change it because they say it might damage the faith after having that story in the bible for all these years. And when they say that it might damage the faith, what they are really saying is, "it might damage our power and influence." But the basic wisdom is still there if you can ignore the parts where God acts and says things that a common flawed human man would do and say. Perfect example of this would be the book of Job. I don't believe for two seconds that God would take one of his most loyal followers, kill his family, take away his house, his slaves, his crops, his health, everything. All because he wanted to tell this imaginary devil, "I told you my followers are better than yours." Thats pride. Thats a human characteristic, not a divine one. I would want nothing to do with a God that would do such things to his followers. When bad things happen people seem to want to beat themselves up saying things like, "God is punishing me." Or, God must hate me." I used to think this way until I got cancer. I realized then that every problem I've ever had, every trial, every bad things thats ever happened to me was really preparing me to beat this damned disease. Somebody thats never faced any adversity might have given up and died, but I'm still breathing. These are all just my opinions of course and its hard for me sometimes to put in words my relationship with God. The world would be a much better place if people realized that we truly are spiritual beings and did away with religion totally. I hope you find answers to your questions OP. I'll pray for you my friend.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Jigger, why the sour grapes?

Why go all that way and use time and hard work if you don't plan on acknowledging the answer?

That sounds like your ego talking there, not the real you. You'll need to destroy your ego before you can see why you'd want to or not.

If you had a boat and the boat was sinking, would you sit by the lifeboat waiting on it to be lowered to go to safety?

-or-

Would you go deck to deck, before the boat sank, to see if there were anyone left which could be trapped and help them save themselves from drowning before the boat sinks? Or would you stand there by the lifeboat?

Okay we know the boat is gonna sink. It's a test of character, and the decision is yours. Do you break your ego and fear of being drowned by waiting at the lifeboat -or- take the risk of questioning every deck to see if there were others who needed help? Thus helping them "live?"

It's a test of character, integrity, morality, and ethics. You'll have to defy everything you have ever known as truth and make the correct decision to know that your choice was indeed correct or not. Go through the light, just not toward it. If you stop short, or not at all, the test of character proves the person's integrity is not sincere.

I hope you understand the nature of the metaphor / analogy here w/out me quoting scripture...lol. Trust me I don't want to write a 10 page thesis on it...lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

WOW, thank you!

God speaks to all of us!!! He speaks to us through expressions and my friend he spoke to me today just now.

The work we do as loving thy neighbor will light up the world and the lives of others who might be watching from afar and decide to do the same, with is empowering and worth-while...it's not the tree that shows we are good, it's the fruit of it that does...no tree which is evil or bad or rotten can produce good fruit...so grow and prune your tree so that no rotten limbs are found to corrupt it...cut that rotten limb off and you'll see two or three limbs which produce good fruit grow to replace it...the rotten one...

The quote above is something I was pondering on THIS MORNING and asking him why it is in the Garden of Eden " matter" first turned into a serpent and then turned Into fruit which of course was most appealing. I was talking to myself as I usually do pondering the different questions of the fruit and matter.

How could the fruit be bad??? It was going with the good order of nature and although matter CAN BE manipulated there has to be something more to it than just being " bad". Then later in the afternoon it hit me....

It was both! Both GOOD AND BAD! Lol

A tree will not grow anything visibly bad that cannot be corrected.

Loving your neighbor as yourself is definitely something that must be nurtured on a daily basis and if said fruit becomes bad, then cut the limb and try again.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Exactly! It's a rather simple concept which is clouded in metaphor, it's a test of character to see that you'll need to prune the dead and rotten branches, thus giving more fruit to eat...

We have to question everything on a daily basis to know we are doing good or bad....and correct it by pruning those rotten dead branches, like riding a bicycle, lol you have to practice to be good at it...and when you get to the point that you automatically "know how" and it's second nature, you don't need training wheels...it's like doing it in your sleep...lmao.

Why I think the tribulation is a war with ideologies, a literal war...but we'll need to use parable (parabolic and study around it all over) to see it....never compromise your truth but beware, you need to be always sure you know truth before you can do this, otherwise it's a slippery slope to hell.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by jiggerj

In the first quote Jesus is just saying don't worry!

When I lost my business my car ( magnum 06) broke down with a blown engine, I had one month in my lease to go and couldn't pay it, got kicked out and my two kids went to my parents for a couple of months and I began taking care of an elderly woman.

Got a pos car with no air and was very DOWN as my situation left me feeling so helpless.

I kept telling God I would keep the faith/ hope things will turn around and wasn't going to worry because he would provide.

Without hope within I could have easily given up on everything.

The above statement rings very true for me throughout my life as it has been a HARD journey!!

Having a few friends ( one just the other day) kill themself because they had no hope in sight saddens me because some days I feel as though I have enough for all of us.

We get through this " earth school" by having hope in the darkest of storms that when this storm is over, the Sun will shine on us, dry us off, and show us there is another way.

So yes, LIFE is more important...... we are promised LIFE and no longer will have death.

In the grand scheme of things food is everywhere, it's abundant and readily available in the Now, whereas Life is offered through the Earth ( matter mixed with light) until atonement and then, LIFE (only LIGHT) becomes abundant.

Reading the Bible is like reading any other book IMO. Don't get stuck on a passage, just read it like a book ( front to back) a few times and THEN try deciphering mans word over Gods. It becomes pretty clear what is and what isn't " truth". Matter is manipulated and can trick the eyes, so deciphering has got to come into play here on Earth. It's a daily thing, deciphering that is.

Once read like a book you may notice like I did that Light and Dark seem to reign throughout the text. You may notice God becoming less angry with us in the New Testamant. He settles down once there is a plan set out for his children. Light seems to represent his nature while darkness seems to represent matter manipulating at every chance.

Just some thoughts... :-)

Nice thoughts, Mama.

But let's go here for a moment: You have some intelligence, so you know that a child would have a hard time deciphering anything in the bible. There are people more intelligent than you (theologians with years and years of study) that would say that you aren't intelligent enough to decipher the bible. Also, these wise men would be quite ignorant to think that they could understand God and the bible.

Why would a god make it so hard to understand his messages and meanings? Some would say that the messages are unclear in order to make us work for the answers. Hey, this is the welfare of our souls we're talking about here! You get the bible messages wrong, and it's off to hell you go for all eternity.

How can a perfect god be so obscure in his messages?
edit on 9/5/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join