It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

wombatta
reply to post by NewAgeMan

And people still insist on believing in Santa Claus

How do you know, after the ordeal was over, and Jerusalem left far behind... that Jesus didn't live to a ripe old age, while celebrating every winter solstice therafter in a certain way as the transcendent principal of the divine order, and as a belly laugher and a very very jolly old man, and then, when all was said and done, dropped his body (as they say in the East) and subsequently wasted no time confronting Saul on the Road to Damascus from the abode of light..?

See my avatar for clues..

Oh HO HO HO!!!

edit on 29-1-2014 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yep, this is an off topic post of inquiry.

I noticed on Jiggers pub pro page he hasn't signed in since
Sept 13th. The man has been a regular for years from what I know.
So does anyone know where the OP is? Or what's going on with him?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The spirit tells me that he's still kicking, but that he needed a break from ATS because it was making him too crotchety or whatever you call a "grumpy old man".

And no matter what happens, he's safely in God's hands, and probably laughing, uproariously.

I always told him that he failed to understand God's own sense of humor, but as one of those dry wit oldtimers, there's just no way that he would not come to appreciate the great humor in the depths of God's love.

So in a way he's still with us, whether he just moved on or like really moved on.. so it's all good.

We love you jiggerj, Randy, me, all of us, and it's nice to know that you love us to, even only as a spiritual projection into the great unknown.. where both jigger and God lives and has their being.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I'll agree with that NAM, certainly. I never thought I could
miss so much negativity. But I have to admit. I do.

Hope you join us again Jigger.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's hilarious Randy.

We're too funny!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh wow, that is kind of strange. He was a regular here, I just assumed he wasn't posting as much as he used to. Seeing how he hasn't signed in in months has me a bit worried. Hopefully everything is ok with him.

I see this post from him that was made about a month before his last sign in talking about him throwing his back out. Maybe he reaggravated it and isn't able to post?

I also just realized I haven't seen NOTurTypical around either. I checked his profile and noticed he hasn't signed on since September 19. Hope they're both ok.
edit on 1/30/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Absolutely, another one is Sugar cookie.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jiggerj

When I was a kid I used to watch candlepin bowling on Saturday afternoons. I enjoyed it so much that I had to go bowling right after.

It's the same with this. I LOVE watching the Atheism vs. Religion debates (mostly with Christopher Hitchins for atheism). I just love it, and it inspires me to write about it here. C.H. passed away last year, but what a brilliant mind he had.

I am not an active atheist. My health is failing. I'm tired all the time. So, writing a few threads here and there is the only thing I enjoy now. I'm not really bashing anyone (though I'm sure it must feel that way, and I apologize for it). I want to push religious people to think harder on their beliefs, not so much for them to change, but to come up with new ideas for me to mull over.

Becoming a son of light is hard work. Lou Dobbs what is he applauding? The false prophet looking guy on CNN. You can see the eyes dark. Real dark. Stephen Colbert fan. Stevens was on a weapons mission. Sanje Gupte no, not him. Keeps talking about debris on the blue fin or debris that are race cars, etc. Who is right

God is removed from the constitution and we have many people who are occult believers in the government and probably in high ranks of the government they are going to deny us the pursuit of happiness by taking out God and making us go to a worship of the stars and the moon cult that was how the great romans did and they are a bunch of rubble.

You are, Snap your blade to the ground. Jigger are you a super storm with bird wings?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: guidetube
reply to post by WonderBoi

Where would we be without Christian moral laws? Who knows.
The warning are clear to see in the stories even if flying snakes or what not where involved, but other things like Gods view, miracles and the like are a little off I believe. And its the shear volume of metaphors, flying angels, gods direct influence and the like that puts you off. And the fact that it is preached as gospel by many.

I feel the forefathers of these religions made a choice, they knew they had to convince people to live fulfilling giving life's rather than the barbaric selfish path they were on.
They decided to teach people that good was better than riches. I feel we have a very similar choice again!

You can’t get any better than the antichrist right? The news like retired generals and their hot blonde babes they get with she’s riding a white horse well then she can’t be blonde that has to be Julia Roberts.

Donald sterling we need to know about his smell and how he says black people smell?
Get him to confess something that we need to know.
Like the assassination of Chris Stevens missing a leg but had a big foot stuck on the horns of a Cyclops.

Hundreds of birds falling out of the sky dead? Well Pakistan is flooded because of the floods. Well the rain stopped a long time ago but Pakistan is still flooded.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jiggerj

Ahhhhhhh yet another brazenly hostile and baiting titled thread assaulting The Bible and Christianity.

What an unsurprise.

Wellllllllllll . . . yes, this genius IQ PhD in clinical psychology believes the written Word of God commonly known as The Bible

quite totally.

I may not know precisely what every word, phrase, sentence . . . or even literallly written content or metaphor specifically means.

I do KNOW from 60+ years of experience that HIS WORD IS TRUE.

It is True about me.
It is True about mankind and human nature.

It is True about God.
It is True about the earth.

It is True about satan and the fallen angels.
It is True about wealth.

It is True about Pride.
It is True about humility.

It is True about liars.
It is True about fools.

It is True about government.
It is True about RELIGION vs spirituality.

It is True about people pleasing.
It is True about Love.

It is True about hate.
It is True about apathy.

It is True about group-think.
It is True about deception.

It is True about the END TIMES.
It is True about Israel.

It is True about Israel's enemies.
It is True about education of children.

It is True about the heavens/space.
It is True about animals.

It is True about itself--The Written Word of Creator God.
It is True about hell.

It is True about the poor.
It is True about the rich.

It is True about mold.
It is True about hygiene.

It is True about the past.
It is True about the future.

It is True about sowing and harvesting.
It is True about fruitfulness.

It is True about animal genetics.
It is True about heritage.

It is True about Trust.
It is True about Hope.

It is True about knowledge.
It is True about ignorance.

It is True about Wisdom.
It is True about foolishness.

It is True about Blessings.
It is True about curses.

It is True about angels.
It is True about demons.

It is True about space exploration.
It is True about the one world government.

It is True about the one world religion.
It is True about Israel's enemies.

It is True about Israel in Egypt.
It is True about the Exodus.

It is True about the NT miracles.
It is True about Yeshua The Messiah--past, present and future.

It is True about The Great Tribulation.
It is True about the King of Kings and Lord of Lord's reign in the thousand years of Peace.

"Let God be True and every man a liar . . . "

Heaven and Earth currently existing will pass away and the Written Word of Creator God will endure as accurate, functional, solid--STANDING ETERNALLY.

I may not know precisely and exhaustively what every word, phrase, sentence and/or paragraph means specifically. However, I know enough about what it means in terms of facilitating my RELATIONSHIP with God that I have no trusting HIM with what I don't know.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

The world is not ready for the three and a half year deal for the antichrist to make his bond with the fifteen nations to make a peace that will be the end of.

Do you have my number I could get real insensitive do how bad you are corrupting the world with that all seeing eye and making us bow to satan. Be yourself but the Antichrist wants you to bend from who you are.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wombatta

Man, Dr. Phil just asked for the orderv, thank God. I am not in school thank god and have hear pieces of advice to sit through boring lectures about how bad the world is until antichrist is a good guy and we are in control. It must be in my genes to not go with the mindless numbing that the schools are doing

How Now brown cow? This is going down the world is going to be demarcated! and the colors and tints that satan wants and you will have only two choices not even close to the same amount you have in choice of subs at subway!

Need fourteen dollars to buy a bushel of soy beans and Joe biden can give you a couple dollars and then you can build a jalopy for him to go to the states that are needing some great talk. The whole the CBS eye is on don’t you see the all seeing eye.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Who cares. That is good. People are making marshal law and cooked food.
edit on 1-8-2014 by brianmcdermoot because: a

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yes Hinduism has fairy tales. Yes the myriad gods confuse people at first, although those are representative of all the facets of the one.

However, as a person raised in an evangelical home and who later became disillusioned and sought through all manners of philosophies and religions, I truly believe that the core and mystical path within Hinduism, especially that of the yogis, is the deepest general material I have ever read. It is the most comprehensive as far as religions go. It is much more philosophically sound and consistent than Christianity, by FAR. And much much more esoteric and profound. IT makes the Bible and most sermons sound like Kindergarten compared to the yogis being graduate school. Most people, religious or other, are too materially minded and not really in tune enough to even get what the yogis teach. Mystical teachings of all ages.

originally posted by: Druscilla
reply to post by jiggerj

Thing is, the big 3 of of Jews, Christians, and Muslims are all about controlling and subjecting adherents.

Hinduism, though it has its problems with the caste system, is all and all a better system, plus, it can trace back at least 8000 years with stories that depict events over 16,000 years ago.

Archaeological evidence is currently discovering places discussed in Hinduism that do indeed date back well over 10,000years like the lost city of Dwarka, discussed in Hindu literature as being submerged beneath the sea.

Of course, there's fairy tales in Hinduism, but, they're much cooler than than those in the Jewish, Christian, Islamic faiths.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If I give you five bucks for a cup of coffee, then suddenly the five bucks vanish and reappear in my pocket, you didn't really get paid, did you? I got a free cup of coffee, and you got ripped off.

AfterInfinity I am going to call you Leave it to beaver. You people who don’t agree with the bible that’s good but do you go along with MRAPs and the WHO and the UN? Getting beheaded by crazies in the place we had defeated called Iraq.What future do you think we have? The love of most will grow cold. It is growing real cold in the middle east. Turkey the old ottoman empire will stop them before anyone would, sure that is why they are all getting to Syria from Turkey. They and are the NWO
The Council of Foreign relations?

Do you want two cups of ice or two cups of Isis?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALightBreeze

reply to post by ALightBreeze

"The legend of Jesus, is Rome's most successful mind control weapon to control conquered populations. It's a mind control technique used by TPTB since the beginning of the Roman Empire but mind control science progressed, to let modern techniques, like MKultra, replace religion but the goal is the same, control the Roman Empire's population...in other words, World population..!

TPTB is about to plunge the world into global chaos, Order into Chaos is the process to the soon New World Order. This fantastic thread gave us all the tools to open our eyes, NOW.....it's time to get prepared, NATO will get involved in Syria to drag, with the help of Israel, Iran into conflict and start a NATO vs SCO war, which will be WW3.

Add a global economic crisis and many other combined disasters, with also Armageddon propaganda like St Malachi's Prophecy of the Popes with the decease of the glory of the olive and the arrival of Petrus Romanus to convince the world that nothing can be done to avoid the collapse of the world as we know it...

TPTB..., The Secret Empire..., Rome..!, is about to Launch the final phase of the secret agenda to create a New World....a New World Order...a Roman New World Empire..! "

They are going after liberals, conservatives and asking about the content of your prayers.
There are two tiers of politics going on what the new world government and councils and is doing and what we are shown for the food channel politics where the president is at science fairs and shaking hands of auto workers. But the real tier of politics is behind.

LightBreeze what do you think about the verse Men’s hearts failing them?
Diving it up (Put on more tattoos and you have the tony soprano look!)

The food shortages are coming.
edit on 26-9-2014 by Woodie75 because: aa

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Lol you are not smarter than all of the people who are fooled! The writers of the NT are even more smarter, because even though they are lying to us you still believe that their lies are true!

Because if Jesus was Jesus - then it is fools like you who cannot stand to grasp poetry - in any form or fashion.

But, the creators of Christ have nothing to do with a person who was born on 0 BC. The Christian religion is a fraud and I didn't think those wicked pagans would tell us the truth, so it is up to all the other people to be fooled and lied to.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Religion has been an ongoing conspiracy against the masses for thousands of years. Isn't it time to really look at what you're buying into?

You made that statement. Are you supposed to prove that statement or (as usual) are the rules all on your side? Where do you get your enlightenment from?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jiggerj\

Brother I was hoping it would be a little more difficult, because the answers you gave don't stand up - but the thread is correct still, just not everybody knows everything yet.

The ancients did not write in the literal sense, at all. The group that Christ was in was the same as John the Baptist, it was a group that lived away from the city towards the wilderness, they gave up everything, even their wives to go out into this group, so that is what Jesus was talking about. It doesn't have anything to do with a modern job or society today.

It’s commonly reported that the deceased person has communicated in some way,” says Judith Skretny vice-president of the Life Transitions Center, “either by giving a sign or causing things to happen with no rational explanation.” She adds, “It’s equally common for people to wake in the middle of the night, lying in bed, or even to walk into a room and think they see their husband or child.”

I wouldn't get too rustled up over seeing ghosts, it is quite common in history.

Now as I said your thread was correct.

The water and wine story - it was a well known story of long before Christ. The Virgin birth in a manger - well before Christ, did not have anything to do with Christ. Even Jesus's name means Hey Zues, now that is argued but I have studied both sides, the former side being proven, the other side just rejection.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
using threat of Nuclear weapons has already been addressed by the Management and is not allowed on this planet
apparently we had Alien-ufo 'intervention' to keep it safer here

/found it on youtube already

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join