It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I get the uncomfortable impression that you have to WANT to believe it's true...and desire should have no part in the truth. It's either true, or it isn't, regardless of how one feels. Additionally, if one wants it enough, they will believe something regardless of whether it's true or not. This has that flavor to it. Have you tried meditation? Flower of Life studies? Sacred Geometry? The Bible contradicts itself at every turn...the "God" in the Bible is either evil or uncaring. There is no other excuse, and NO, "God" is not above our moral standards. That is NOT how you treat your creation, no matter what. Anyway, you've shown me yours, now I want to show you mine. Google "Flower of Life" and "Fruit of Life", "Sacred geometry" and "Law of One". They all play their role in the vast study of the universe and divinity itself.
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Dude, me and Buddha are tight! Lol

Yeah, I enjoy meditating. :-)

Sacred geometry and spirit science is a love of mine and helped piecing the puzzle together.

Where you want me to study is a place I've been doll. I enjoy the teachings and connect with it on a deep level. I have a favorite pendant that's the tree of life.

I have watched one video after the other. I know all about it and LOVE IT!

The thing is, it connects me to the Bible in more ways than one.

How do you feel about Edgar cayce?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by MamaJ

Had an interest in him a while back. Remember reading a bit but never got too much into it.

Before my son ever got sick I read my first book from Edgar Cayce. Back then I was skeptical but love solving mysteries. How can someone who attends church, a baptist at that get away with being a sleeping prophet?

He got away with it alright and one book, lead to the other. I'm telling ya.... I'm filled with all kinds of stuff! Lol

So, Edgar even taught Sunday school yet in his " trance" or hypnotic state he could heal people, tell people their ailments, tell people who they were in a past life to overcome a current situation they were finding them self in. The president even sought him out and he lived to be 67. He read the Bible 67 times!

He was an elder in his church, taught sunday school and attended every time the doors were open. He also gave thousands upon thousands of readings and lived in Virginia Beach.

The last four years of his life he taught his Sunday school class but also taught it on Tuesday's. The Tuesday class was for the mix of biblical scripture combine with the readings.

There is a new book compilation of this class. It's called, Edgar Cayce Story of the Bible. It's over five hundred pages but it can make a seeker see the bible in another light. One that's never been taught unless you account for Hermes but back then the bible had not been created.

When I found out that Edgar even knew the things I knew in regards to Jesus having embodied many, I couldn't believe it.

He along with the hermetic orientation ( lecture by manly p hall) allowed me to see things in a different light that coupled everything I had ever read, felt to be true and it showed itself as plain as day!

Before the last two I had come up with a theory of the Expressionable Universe and an eternal thinker. Lol

It's just been a fun ride, to say the least! Edgar Cayce is an awesome teacher to the scriptures and he is the very first that has ever made it make perfect sense.

One has got to when reading the Bible have a mind set that is not earth bound. When reading something as powerful as the Bible they will not be able to grasp it without first being lead by spirit only.......

edit on 16-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks for the info. I knew a bit about him already.

In my own experience I have advanced much more since setting the Gospels down. Why waste time deciphering something when the answers are readily found elsewhere.

Even if the truths that you have stumbled upon can be "interpreted" from the scriptures, it has been my experience that most people of faith don't ever come close to seeing them. When you mention Jesus and the bible being the truth, most people just agree without understanding that you are talking about something other than the OS. For me, having seen that "god" is unloving and uncaring makes the whole Jesus, love and light and compassion angle incorrect.

ETA: so while the Bible may not have been a hindrance to Casey and others. I doubt that it has really helped except as a placebo of sorts.
edit on 16-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Thanks for the info. I knew a bit about him already.

In my own experience I have advanced much more since setting the Gospels down. Why waste time deciphering something when the answers are readily found elsewhere.

Even if the truths that you have stumbled upon can be "interpreted" from the scriptures, it has been my experience that most people of faith don't ever come close to seeing them. When you mention Jesus and the bible being the truth, most people just agree without understanding that you are talking about something other than the OS. For me, having seen that "god" is unloving and uncaring makes the whole Jesus, love and light and compassion angle incorrect.

edit on 16-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

I feel a despair there, maybe it's not. I feel it though.

If you inbox me your address I will send you this book, of you would like. I know these days it's not safe to do that but I still want to offer.

God in all he is has got to be as fair as he can be. In Daniel he said we would look elsewhere for knowledge. He is really an understanding father. I see it in his nature but the human being is also a part of this nature so when you see some thing that's not loving, it's not from God. It's from gods power that's been abused.

We are making our way back full circle back to the garden. We will have peace on earth. The third time Jesus comes back will be To bring truth and life.

Check this site out..... Just saw it on another thread and thought of you! :-)

www.asis.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Nope, no despair at all.

I don't need the love and light. None of us do.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Nope, no despair at all.

I don't need the love and light. None of us do.

Hahahaha... Ok.

Why?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I want to recommend listening to lectures by Manly P. Hall as I find them music to my ears.

If you don't connect with one, try another. I love them ALL!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by daskakik

Oh you know all of that huh? Yet, you still dont see my position within the nature of all things?

I KNOW where Jesus fits in, why dont you?

I quite agree with you (MamaJ), DOGMA and Organized religions can tend to make a mess of things. The Dogma of religions is in it's /their own assumptions are a method of controlling all those heathens, one way or another. But here is the test, i only know of one religion that has within it's Dogma "Do as thou wilst but do None Harm" Whereas the others have ways around the messages of Peace.

How ? Hmm just look around the world today, any excuse to murder ( I don't like your Movie so i will kill an Ambassador or run Jets into buildings. We can also go back 700 years to that little Sport called the Inquisition, and still further to Stoning or burying people up to their necks in Sand till they died. Very few Organized Religions have clean hands.

At Least in Wicca they call a spade a spade or in their case a WARLOCK = Oath Breaker.

I have a very poor Opinion IMHO of any organized religion developed and or codified, Plagiarized after 1700 years ago, (note the date), and a marginal Opinion of many of the Religions prior to 300 CE. What do i based that on?
It should be simple to understand Study History, whenever an Organized religion Mono or Polytheist decides it is ok to Murder others in the name of that Religion, they ultimately go on the Skids to becoming irrelevant and at best EVIL.

This is my Opinion and a pretty good idea, as a humble scholar/scribe and PhD in theology.

edit on 16-9-2012 by Hermit777 because: Clearification as to whome i was speaking to.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I want to recommend listening to lectures by Manly P. Hall as I find them music to my ears.

GEMATRIA can be fun but sometimes misleading 93 means different things to different people

Or For example the Gematria equivalent of Abracadabra or ibra (אברא) means "I have created" and k'dibra (כדברא) which means "through my speech", avra kehdabra, meaning “I will create as I speak”.

and by simple twisting of the phrase or reversing likr the H.P. JKR. Avada Kedavra to destroy someone.

Real reversing of the phrase can be done but i will not post that. Words have Power. Names have Power.

Words numbers are in the eye of the beholder, just as religions are.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Hermit777 because: Clearifications

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I agree if one really wants to learn there is so much to read, but alas many just want to Stick withing their beliefs,
because the Minister, Eman, Rabbi, etc etc said so.

Me i prefer to read and study and develop a good idea. Ideas can be changed, Beliefs are stubborn.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by jiggerj

Maybe they should make Jesus into an action movie. Show zombie Jesus coming from the sky and zombies coming out of their graves and then Jesus being the leader of the zombies. Throw in some cool action movie, a guy who falls in love with some girl, and now we have a movie (and it would be completely Biblical) - but how unrealistic it is will also be evident.

I believe that God would want to inflict hot burning fire and oil and punishment on people who are already living in ignorance. We do need the "Extra reminder." The human race is way too much a lover of things worldly and not spiritual.

That is why I am on my martial law countdown.
edit on 16-9-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Sorry, that was a drive by posting.

What I meant was that the love and light, that many seem to think of as the pinnacle of human existence, isn't any more or less important than other emotions.

I think that the association of love and light to a certain kind of energy is inaccurate and it's this association that gives the beings that have it, a godlike aspect. It makes then look/feel like someone that loves and watches over us when in fact they couldn't care less, not even to judge us.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Sorry, that was a drive by posting.

What I meant was that the love and light, that many seem to think of as the pinnacle of human existence, isn't any more or less important than other emotions.

I think that the association of love and light to a certain kind of energy is inaccurate and it's this association that gives the beings that have it, a godlike aspect. It makes then look/feel like someone that loves and watches over us when in fact they couldn't care less, not even to judge us.

I don't mean to interrupt your exchange here, but I don't agree with this philosophy. There is no other emotion comparable to love. Not even one. When we die, no matter what happens after, we will look back on our lives. We won't think about if we drove nice enough cars or slept with enough people or if we had nice enough clothes. Before we draw our last breath, our consciousness dwells on our loved ones, and the interactions we had with others in our lives.

I'm not sure if you have children, but my life and how I looked at God and love especially, completely changed when I had my daughter. I began to view things differently, and look at the purpose of existence through a new lens. Having her in my life has taught me more about what love really is than any scripture in the bible ever could. But it also shed new light on why the focus on love exists within the NT.

What other emotion is comparable to love? Before you die, will you care about the moments you were angry or sad and wish you would have had more of them? No. Chances are you will wish you had chosen to have less of them, by choosing to approach certain situations out of love.

Just my random musings. I apologize if I've derailed your exchange with mamaj. Carry on

edit on 16-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

No problem.

Yes I have a child and my life is full of love but that is not what I was talking about.

I was talking about taking this need that we seem to have for love and seeing a source of love in something which feels indifferent towards us.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No problem.

Yes I have a child and my life is full of love but that is not what I was talking about.

I was talking about taking this need that we seem to have for love and seeing a source of love in something which feels indifferent towards us.

How do you know that the source feels indifferent? Assuming there is a source for Love outside of simple chemical reactions in the brain (which I believe there is), How could the source of Love, be indifferent to it? Maybe I'm not fully understanding your position here.

Would you consider yourself a materialist (i.e there is no God or any spiritual realm, and only matter makes up the universe and reality)?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I posted about a couple of OBE's that I had which brought me to this conclusion. Something once seen as godlike and full of his love was later seen to be full of energy but not loving at all.

That should also answer your second question.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Appreciate your feedback. I have my own ideas on why your theory might be short sighted. I too have had an OBE, and while the experience was beyond strange (and a complete contradiction to my religious convictions), there was an underlying sense of order within the universe during my experience. I did not interpret that order as uncaring or unloving (even though I did not encounter some grand loving sky grandpa on a throne), I interpreted it as so far advanced of anything I could comprehend either physically (in my physical brain) or spiritually, that to contemplate it's intentions was an exercise in futility.

I suppose perhaps I can only make sense of that macrocosm in my own microcosm, and filter my understanding of love through my interactions with my child. When we are children, we don't often understand why there must be order, or why we must be disciplined. If left to their own devices, a 6 year old with the entire worlds resources at their disposal would swiftly meet their end. They require the loving guidance of a parent to grow into mature and reasonably well adjusted adults. However they often interpret this guidance as cold or uncaring at the time (not realizing until later in life that the decision to limit their candy intake or to put them to bed early was for their own benefit, and taken out of a place of love). I interpret God's relationship with his creation much the same way.

It is difficult for us to see it as anything BUT cold and uncaring, as we are in effect, toddlers on a cosmic scale.

Hope I haven't derailed your discussion too much

edit on 16-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
Romans 1:20

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Yes there is an order to it but that is not what I am referring to as uncaring. I also don't mean it like a parent looking out for their child and their child interpreting it as a punishment.

I mean, seeing something and feeling it is god, or at least filled with its spirit and oozing love and then seeing it again and realizing that it just doesn't care, one way or the other. It doesn't change the rest of the sensations of that type of experience.

It was eye opening, as a Christian, which I was at the time, to experience god filled with love and then experience the same being void of love. Made me think that many visions of "god" may have been like the first. If the truth is really like the second then where does that put all those philosophies based on the first kind of experiences?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Yes there is an order to it but that is not what I am referring to as uncaring. I also don't mean it like a parent looking out for their child and their child interpreting it as a punishment.

I mean, seeing something and feeling it is god, or at least filled with its spirit and oozing love and then seeing it again and realizing that it just doesn't care, one way or the other. It doesn't change the rest of the sensations of that type of experience.

It was eye opening, as a Christian, which I was at the time, to experience god filled with love and then experience the same being void of love. Made me think that many visions of "god" may have been like the first. If the truth is really like the second then where does that put all those philosophies based on the first kind of experiences?

Perhaps you are assuming that if the latter is true, the former cannot be? The bible talks about this sort of thing. There is Love of many kinds (the Hebrew language has numerous words for different connotations of the word "love". The English language only has one).

On the flip side, there is righteous anger, and unrighteous anger. Because God can turn away under certain circumstances (or we can assume he has turned away because we are incapable of comprehending his machinations), does not mean he does not love, or care. We are surely off on philosophical tangents now, but I am happy to see this debate take such a route. At least we can discuss things openly, as human beings with cumulative cultural experiences and individuals with personal and spiritual ones.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join