It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody

I see the post you are referring to, but where does it say that all is needed is to silence the egos? I was talking about the mind not wanting to be silent and that the mind is used by our egos to influence us.

Originally posted by daskakik
The egos are part of the mind which makes them part of you.

Yes, the egos are part of you, but not part of the mind, they use the mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

That there is a higher self that we all posess, that there are other worlds (above and below).
That we have egos that are of our own making and that these egos can manifest, can be seen, observed, confronted and defeated in these other worlds.

This jumped out at me because you speak of other worlds. What do you mean? If it means that your consciousness exists in some place that isn't here, then who cares how anyone else describes the places you can go to and the things you can experience for yourself.

One thing that I realized was that a wider view of reality doesn't really mean you have reached a singular, absolute truth.

But with every ego that is destroyed, you are making way for your higher consciousness, this consciousness is far superior to any ego or emotion, you can function day to day with this consciousness.

I think that the idea that ego is emotion and a flaw, is itself a flawed idea.

To both. I may experience something but it doesn't mean that I comprehend that expereince. The Gospels or a particular text can help me understand what it is I have been taught or shown.

If the experience isn't self explanatory then how can you be sure that the text explains the experience?

This is actually the agreeing that I was talking about in an earlier post. Not people agreeing but a pre-approved text.

As I have said, just because I experience it, doesn't mean I comprehend it. I believe that certain texts including the Gospels have been written by Initiates that have travelled much further along the path than I have and have enlightened themselves to a much higher level, what I experience has been experienced before by these people before me, they can give me clues, point me in the right direction, help me understand what I have experienced and what it means.

What you need to do is work on having the experience be clearer. The initiates could have been worse off than you, when it came to comprehension, and they no doubt had their version of "texts" to help along with the interpretations. Sounds like a vicious cycle.

Wouldn't you say that the mind is also a part of you?

edit on 15-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Releasing our baggage is important especially if we can do so. Never said it was something to hold onto but in my opinion the stories of Jesus are not baggage. Is that what you mean? You have a hard time with me coming back full circle to Jesus don't ya? Lol live and let live, right? You have already told me you are not interested in knowing the how.

Sorry, but no. You are waxing poetic about something you have not really lived, but only read about and wished to be true.
reply to post by daskakik

Do you know me and how I live? How can you say something of which you do not understand?

Oh, I live it alright.

Building my mind daily and have for the last twenty years.... Hard core building at that.

Read and wish it to be true is projecting a reality of which is not bounded by the material world.

Have you not tried it?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I see the post you are referring to, but where does it say that all is needed is to silence the egos? I was talking about the mind not wanting to be silent and that the mind is used by our egos to influence us.

The egos are part of the mind which makes them part of you.

I totally understand where you are coming from.

Think of it like this......

Should you squash all desires or control them?

You want chocolate or a cola, should you partake?

You want or desire anything? Should you try? Should you partake?

With anything moderation is key. Controlling your ego and not allowing it to control you is healthy but living in a world where all desires and all pride is " bad" is simply not true.

There is good and there are polarities of good from the highest to the lowest. Striving for the top is key, however obtaining balance is also good. At different times you are at the lowest end of the polarity. This is where the light of wisdom comes into play and you begin to take note and strive for at least the balance once again.

Your ego can help or hinder controlling it is mind over matter..... What else do you possess besides the ego, that has to be controlled?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Releasing our baggage is important especially if we can do so. Never said it was something to hold onto but in my opinion the stories of Jesus are not baggage. Is that what you mean? You have a hard time with me coming back full circle to Jesus don't ya? Lol live and let live, right? You have already told me you are not interested in knowing the how.

Then why bring up our baggage as a response to me saying that the story has baggage?

I already know the how, which is why I am saying that you're still looking at an incomplete picture.

Do you know me and how I live? How can you say something of which you do not understand?

Oh, I live it alright.

Building my mind daily and have for the last twenty years.... Hard core building at that.

Read and wish it to be true is projecting a reality of which is not bounded by the material world.

Have you not tried it?

I know the topic and what you have to say about it. I keep telling you that I have been where your at and have moved on. I'm saying that, even though you won't believe it, you are stuck.

edit on 16-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you for sharing your point of view. I don't mean to turn you away from what allows you to see the truth...we all have different ways of coming to the same conclusion.

I do thank you for showing me how you came to yours. It is a special thing to do, showing a person your personal path. And yours is no more invalid than anyone else's...it has lead you to a very healthy and uplifting "window" to view the world from, and that's all we ask, isn't it?

Perhaps it's the beer talking. Perhaps I just needed to remove myself and see it from an objective standpoint. Either way, I think you for the gift.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you for sharing your point of view. I don't mean to turn you away from what allows you to see the truth...we all have different ways of coming to the same conclusion.

I do thank you for showing me how you came to yours. It is a special thing to do, showing a person your personal path. And yours is no more invalid than anyone else's...it has lead you to a very healthy and uplifting "window" to view the world from, and that's all we ask, isn't it?

Perhaps it's the beer talking. Perhaps I just needed to remove myself and see it from an objective standpoint. Either way, I think you for the gift.

Bud light?

Awwwwwww....... Thank you and yes ...all we can ask for.

When I find a connection, I want to share with others but the problem arises because the " others" are not experiencing what I am and vice versa.

I do appreciate the kind words!!! Xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Then why bring up our baggage as a response to me saying that the story has baggage?

I already know the how, which is why I am saying that you're still looking at an incomplete picture.

Oh, I live it alright.

Have you not tried it?

I know the topic and what you have to say about it. I keep telling you that I have been where your at and have moved on. I'm saying that, even though you won't believe it, you are stuck.

My reality has shown me baggage can turn into greatest treasures, it's the way you look at it. It's all in perception and I'm trying to show mine with words. I've asked you to show me yours.... Have at it. Lol I'm awaiting. If you are ahead of me, I want to catch up so let's go!

You cannot take away my experiences and gnosis of Jesus. This experiences have already been noted as divine!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My reality has shown me baggage can turn into greatest treasures, it's the way you look at it. It's all in perception and I'm trying to show mine with words. I've asked you to show me yours.... Have at it. Lol I'm awaiting. If you are ahead of me, I want to catch up so let's go!

The baggage in the story that I am referring to is not a matter of perception.

You will never catch up unless you denounce Jesus. Now hurry up, I'm waiting for you.

You cannot take away my experiences and gnosis of Jesus. This experiences have already been noted as divine!

I'm trying to take them away. I'm telling you that there is more.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The baggage in the story that I am referring to is not a matter of perception.

You will never catch up unless you denounce Jesus. Now hurry up, I'm waiting for you.

I'm trying to take them away. I'm telling you that there is more.

Ok, let's go. Don't leave a girl hangin now!

Show me MORE!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Nah...Miller. Not quite as good, but it gets the job done. And you're very welcome.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Nah...Miller. Not quite as good, but it gets the job done. And you're very welcome.

Miller will do.

We can toast to .... more wisdom being shared!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Show me MORE!

I can't because words are useless. That is where you are stuck. Looking to words for things that they can't express.

Like the phrase "denounce Jesus" in my last post. That isn't saying anything. If there is another step to take then "denouncing Jesus" doesn't really express what it is.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Show me MORE!

I can't because words are useless. That is where you are stuck. Looking to words for things that they can't express.

Like the phrase "denounce Jesus" in my last post. That isn't saying anything. If there is another step to take then "denouncing Jesus" doesn't really express what it is.

Ok, well I was willing to show you with words as words are not useless. Don't use them for a whole day and tell me that.

You use words...... Words don't use you.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Ok, well I was willing to show you with words as words are not useless. Don't use them for a whole day and tell me that.

Of course they are useful to us in day to day existence but words are useless to express how to move further along the path.

If you can show me with words then you were not going to show me anything new.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Show me MORE!

Uh, actually that is saying quite a bit!

And, to a Christian, it would be the most absurd thing that someone could ever say. Most likely prompting the response, "Are you stupid or something?"

A true Christian, believes that ALL of the answers, fit together with ALL of current knowledge. Period.

So what you are babbling about, makes absolutely ZERO sense...imo

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Of course they are useful to us in day to day existence but words are useless to express how to move further along the path.

If you can show me with words then you were not going to show me anything new.

I thought we were discussing day to day on earth.

Where are we? Earth....material?

Where are we in the state of mind then?

Let's meet there before we go anywhere.

Words can be used to oversimplify or not even get a point across because confusion is had within perceptions.

So, when you told me you could show me, you really couldnt? We only have words right now, brotha!

Expressions is what we see and feel at present.

All of these words back and forth with you and nothing is manifesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I thought a true Christian sees it all connecting in just one book?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
A true Christian, believes that ALL of the answers, fit together with ALL of current knowledge. Period.

Having been a true christian, I agree that that is what a true christian believes.

So what you are babbling about, makes absolutely ZERO sense...imo

Having been a christian and gone past being a christian, I agree that is how a true christian would see it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I never said I could show you. I said that I experienced.

What I can say is that there is no god in the biblical sense. I can't show you this with words, just like you can't show me the opposite.

Words can only convey what I experienced but they won't show you anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join