It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
To replace the Torah, then, Breeze-Atwill maintains that the Romans created a literary parody the Gospels and shortly thereafter rewrote Matthew as the versions known as Luke and Mark, modeled respectively on the Aeneid and on Homer.

The central literary character of the Flavian-Roman Gospels called Jesus (or Joshua) inhabits a plot with various peculiar features: he begins his efforts by the Lake of Galilee; sends a legion of devils out of a demon-possessed man and into pigs; offers his flesh to be eaten Yecch!; mentions signs of the destruction of Jerusalem; in Gethsemane a naked man escapes; Jesus is captured at Gethsemane on the Mount of Olives; Simon denies knowing him; he is crucified with two other men and only he survives; he is taken down from the cross by a man called Joseph of Arimathea; his disciple John survives but his disciple Simon is sent off to die in Rome; after his death, his disciple Judas dies by eviscerating himself.

Where did this fairy tale arise?

Each of these peculiar events has a parallel in the writings of [mythical] Josephus, our sole record of the military encounters, from 66-73CE, between the Judeans and their Roman conqueror.

E.gs. the unusual crucifixion in which three men are crucified, and a man named Joseph takes one, who survives, down. Events at the Lake of Galilee launch the Judean careers of both Titus and Jesus. There Jesus called his disciples to be ‘fishers of men’.

There the Roman battle took place in which Titus attacked a band of Jewish rebels led by a leader named Jesus [shock]. The rebels fell into the water and those who were not killed by darts “attempted to swim to their enemies, the Romans cut off either their heads or their hands” (Jewish War III, 10).

Men were indeed pulled out of the water like fish or as mythical Luke said of the Flavian created Jesus "catchers of men".

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightBreeze

Hold up... You are all over the place.

Did I not see where you wrote that Jesus is fake. Never existed?

All these quotes.... Where is the source? Link? Links?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Read the thread!!

It's the Breeze-Atwill expose' of the mythical origins of the NT!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schulyer

It's not my book, the book is Joseph Atwill's. I'll let that go as on oversight on your part and since you have read the book, you will be familiar with the Breeze interpretations and extrapolations - and differences - of it. So ok, turn off the caps
and I will debate you.

The herd of Jesuses roaming about at the conclusions of the four Gospels are a Roman-Flavian joke reflecting there were too numerous to count individuals claiming to be the Messiah during this era, a fact that is recorded in both the Nt and Josephus' War of the Jews. The authors of the NT are comically making the point that, since there are already so many "Messiahs," or "Christs," there is no reason why Titus could not be one as well.

Which according to Titus and the Roman historians then and after, he was. A militaristic Messiah, the one from David.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightBreeze

Originally posted by MamaJ

Read the thread!!

It's the Breeze-Atwill expose' of the mythical origins of the NT!

YOU have written a book as well? Naaaaaaah, don't wanna read the entire thread.

The Joseph Atwill stuff just holds no water. Titus was not Jesus and Jesus was not Titus.

Jesus and his way has been perverted enough. It really has, I'm not a " Christian" but I'm a lover of Christ and hold his story as my own.

You are looking at details in a light that doesn't shine back within you. You are looking for truth in the wrong place and the story of Jesus is coming back full circle as it is for you and I too.

Don't be fooled.

The Bible is filled with so much more than just TITUS! It's the story of Man!

The New Testament is not based on Matthew. Forget about Matthew then. Lol

The Bible....

Focus on adam, Enoch, melchizedek, Josephus, Joseph, John, genesis, revelations, psalms, Joshua, Jeshua, Zend, Aspah, Adam, amilius and you will get to know JESUS.

You are meant to seek and find, but what you have found is not correct. It's too far from the light of the truth and the way. I'm not saying you are going to a hell, I'm saying your soul may not have many more chances of coming here much longer. Your very soul needs you to remember who you are, what you are, and where you came from.

The Flavian Dynasty holds some truth, but it's far from the main source of truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schulyer

"Your Lord" is not among me? Got that right. If you want to kneel to a mythical, imaginary "Lord" a creation of the Flavians to pacify people, go right ahead. Rub your knees raw.
To show you I have no ill will, or will ill
, perhaps this preacher can resonate in your Christian heart?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The Bible has many layers, and you are missing it.

You are missing the first layer.

Read the book from front to back once, then come back and talk to me.

Read it a second time from front to back and come back with more knowledge.

Seek with an open heart and leave all that you think you know at the door, God will touch your spirit!

You will begin to see our history as man. You will see where we have been and where we are going. It's a way and Jesus shows us the way.

Ya know you have no idea what's in the Bible and what's even going on right in front of your eyes because you are too busy. Busy trying to be right with a bit off information from here and there.

You have to work harder..... Seek more and the answers will come from God. Ask Jesus, he will lead you. Your spirit and soul is counting on the material you to work with it not against it.

If you think there is any truth to what you know, you are right. You also have been lead to believe something based on another's knowledge that's halfed a$$ed.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schulyer

FUNNY?

I now quote Matthew "All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one fully knows the Son except the Father, nor does any one fully know the Father except the Son and all to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him." Matt. 11:27

So you have been revealed to, BreezeBlashphemer?

It's really, really hard to be "revealed to" when your revealer is a mythical, Flavian generated, nobody, doncha' think?

Look, the dialogues that speak of Jesus' relationship with the father use comic wordplay that purposefully relates to Flavius Titus' relationship with his real daddy Vespasian. How do I know this?

If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not
believe me; But if I do them, even though you do not believe me,
believe the works, that you may know and understand that
the Father is in me and I am in the Father." John 10:28-38

Mythical, made-up Jesus' dialogue is a comedy of describing Titus and his father, the "god" Vespasian, then this above makes sense. If not, then where in the heck are we? "Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain" ~Jim Morrison.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Mom, I only debate the fairy tales of the NT with those who have read the Atwill books.

Thanks but you haven't so why should I? I read your fairy tale laden bible dozens of times.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm not denying the Flavians role.... I think the Roman Empire is about to crumble.

Jesus was real.... He lived and continues to live.

He is a metaphor and he is mythical, you are right but you still don't get who he was and what his purpose was/is.

The Christian of today has been lead by lies..... But Jesus shows them the truth if they seek with an open and unconditioned mind.

All the little arguments don't hold water and they mask truth. The bigger posture the Bible conveys is what's needed in all our lives and the nations have tried to hide the secrets but the truth always comes out.

What comes around goes around and we are witnesses.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Mom, I only debate the fairy tales of the NT with those who have read the Atwill books.

Thanks but you haven't so why should I? I read your fairy tale laden bible dozens of times.

You have read it from front to back a dozen times??? Be real!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

My knowledge and Atwills is not comparable.

His journey is being lead by false truths.

I'm lead by the spirit of truth.

He has not done near the research I have, I've seen his credentials and not impressed. What he is doing is the same thing in which he writes about.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Hahahaha.... Yeah, and?

Our father IS COMSMIC and Titus experience and existence does not prove Jesus was not real.

He is talked about and sought out and seen upon nde and obe..... Not Titus.

You are taking a little something and running with it all the while going down the wrong road.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Spirit of truth? The worst thing you can do is assume you're right. I keep seeing people believing that because they've only seen on side of the box, that's the only side. I myself will admit that Christians are right to a certain extent, but they think that means all of it is right.

Your truth is not an absolute truth. Please understand that. It's how YOU look at life. That works for you, but not for everyone.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So you've read the bible dozens of times? You've read the bible at least 24 times front to back!? It takes a looong time to read the bible, you don't read it that many times then turn around and call it a fairy tale.

How many times have you read it really?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you've read the bible dozens of times? You've read the bible at least 24 times front to back!?

1x12 = 12, where in the world do you get your math from?

Back to topic...

New Testament Fairy Tales

With the possible exception of nutcase-ultraconservative rolling-in-the-aisles charismatics, Christian-deluded-fundamentalists today do not accept demon possession nor would they even consider taking a deaf, blind, or epileptic child to an exorcist to cast out the devils causing the affliction.

They do, however, believe that demons were active in the NT times which they have no choice whatsoever or they make their blessed redeemer look pretty frickin' foolish. A faery-tale mentality is at play; once upon a time, devils possessed human beings------->but not anymore.

More Flavian comedy/satire at work.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
Still all this rediculous banter?
I can't believe that the Mods have allowed this to continue. Just another example of how ATS has gone to the birds...
The evidence speaks for itself. DS has arguable facts that dispute the claims of the windy one with all of it's hot air, ignorance and sheer hatred.

But the point has been lost with all of this rhetoric!

The NT is NOT a continuation of the OT. Have you forgotten about the Mystery given to Paul, never before revealed to man? It turns the OT on it's religious head, and changes everything with the Gift of Christ.

If it was all about control, at the expense of the Jews, would they not have left things as they were? No more sacrifices? Continue with the prophesies, so that they could continue to carry out the supposed hoax?
It would have been much easier to manipulate the masses, with the requirements set forth in the OT. But, Christ is the reason that those things came to pass.
Not by the ramblings of an athiest and their worshippers, who break the Commandments at will, for sheer spite, alone.

You can continue to argue about beliefs and conspiracies, all you want, but you will never convince those who have experienced it first hand, the Power of Divine Intervention...
God is Real! The Holy Spirit is Real! So Christ MUST be Real!
I have FELT it!
So stop this rediculous, self-serving, petty, contrived, HOGWASH about faerytales, and question WHY you are so against the Lord!
edit on 9/9/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: sp

I don't expect it to change. I just hope one of the historians I e-mailed gets back to me. I've linked them to Atwill's webpage with quotes, etc, and asked them for their opinions on the material.

Breeze has demonstrated willful ignorance in his or her refusal to debate their own theory honestly, and address any of the many flaws in their conspiracy theory that have been pointed out. I could probably get an entire peer reviewed paper written by scholars with far more credentials than Atwill has and Breeze would still be here blabbing on about Flavian "faery" tales.
edit on 9-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join