It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by CoIntelPro
reply to post by jiggerj

In another thread it was suggested that I read the New Testament. Admittedly, it's been years since I've done this, but I used to read it often. Like the religious today, I allowed my eyes to glaze over the utterly ridiculous parts. I don't do that anymore.

God I have heard this schtik a 1000 times. Why is it the last refuge of the hilariously faithful to say "you need to read the bible" when I have read it back to back to back dozens of times?

oh well.

The suggestion was made when the OP referenced Old Testament scripture as justification for the immorality of the bible. I made that suggestion. While I can deal with the fact you find my "faith" hilarious, I also find it interesting how your first post was in this thread. Breeze started a new account during the course of this thread (after posting numerous times), and then posted again. You two wouldn't happen to know each other, would you?

Sad that people have to troll the # out of others spiritual beliefs in this day and age. But whatever. To each their own

Bro, there's no point in getting wrapped up in trying to set these people straight. It's made to be that way. Anything pro jesus is to be ridiculed by the people who don't understand the faith. They have to extend their hand and give thanks for their existence, and until that moment, they will not see.
It's sad but I don't blame them, as without a personal relationship with god, christianity will seem hollow.
Do you see his works in the world? You're a believer right?

I refuse to let Atwill's ridiculous assertions stand uncontested as some sort of "fact" in this thread. While I am a Christian, I have a deep respect for science, academia, and history. This "Flavian Conspiracy" is complete garbage, and there is no doubt about it.

My faith is currently taking a back seat to reason.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jiggerj

I'd actually find a way to confront that god and spit in his/her/its face. Because I like having my say, and I feel rather strongly that I would be speaking for hundreds of people. How else to convey the disgust and contempt of 6,000,000,000+ abandoned souls?

It's a valid point that must be made.
edit on 6-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

LOL Dawkins recently said that when he died, if he was confronted by a god, Dawkins would ask him, "Well, which one are you? Are you Zeus? Are you Thor? Are you Baal? Are you Mithra? Are you Yahweh? Why did you take such great pains to conceal yourself, and to hide away from us?"

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I'd also be driven quite daft by not understanding the culture at that point either.

Exactly! The culture at that point, and before it, that also gave us Osirus. Pretty much the Jesus story, only fabricated first.

Osirus

People back then loved stories about gods as much as we love stories of aliens.

Oh please

The Osiris as Jesus myth has been thoroughly debunked, Jigger. If you wish to talk about "New Testament Fairy Tales", at least read the freakin thing and post passages you consider "fairy tales" as you come across them. Otherwise, you might as well just rename the topic "The Zeitgeist Fairy tale". I've seen actual non-christian Egyptologists debunk this claim.

You will however, find it prevalent in occult studies. But it is not mentioned so much because Occultists think Jesus to be a myth based on Osiris, so much as Occultists are prone to draw correlations to EVERYTHING (the idea being that all things have certain values, and when those values match, there is a spiritual or metaphysical relationship between them).

Real archaeology and academia contends there is no link between Osiris and Jesus of Nazareth.

This only proves how a religion can start. I haven't read anything on Osirus - just bits and pieces. And yet, it came to be truth to me. If I am ignorant on this, what does that make billions of Christians (or Muslims or Jews) that would never think of reading the whole of any book, much less an entire bible?

I read everyday. If I added all the suggested readings to this I'd never have time for anything else. Still, I'm curious about Osirus being debunked. I'll check it out. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

The suggestion was made when the OP referenced Old Testament scripture as justification for the immorality of the bible. I made that suggestion. While I can deal with the fact you find my "faith" hilarious,

STOP.

I don't give a crappie about your personal beliefs, what I find hilarious is watching you and yours chase this Breeze jumping her hoops as she rolls them Sheesh, are you so blind to not see this?

Her breeziness philosophies or whatever in't the issue because to me i habve no idea if they are sound or not. Learn to relax, do0D.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I am a veteran of Usenet when Usenet was raw and violent yet I never can remember one poster yanking the chain of so many so often and so hilariously.

Really.

I'm not exactly yanking chains as you say but the Christian deluded react like Muppets on crack
regardless of how, why or when you contest their beliefs. When there is a logical, historically reliable interpretation to the fantasy NT, aka Breeze-Atwill, one which is true to logic and driven by easily accessible Roman historicity, it's not my fault that they go bonkers.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Back to the topic...

Those Flavians when they weren't coordinating the writing of the NT they had their sights on "sainthood" and, of course, being Kings of the Kingdom. Once they dispatched the fake Peter, who was never a Pope in the first place, they proceeded to...

...the first "Christian" saint was Domitilla...Titus' niece. aka "Mother of the Catacombs" where the archaeological evidence of inscriptions that, here it comes, point to Uncle Titus as the militaristic messianic Christ.

Imagine that. har.

Not to mention, but I will
, that the precursor to Christianity, which the Flavians most assuredly were schooled and most positively were influenced and copied, was Mithraism, a Persian religion which had its most prominent temple...this is good, wait for it...on Vatican Hill! [gasp]

Why is it the Romans have the catacombs, all the archeology, the use of militaristic Roman terms like "Supreme Pontiff" and the first real Pope? Because it's a massive coincidental anomaly of which has never been seen on Earth again?

Onward Christian soldiers?

The notion that Pope Clement was a Flavian was recorded in the Acts of Saints Nereus and Achilleus, a fifth- or sixth-century work based on even earlier traditions. This work directly linked the Flavian family to Christianity a fact that is noted in The Catholic Encyclopedia.

Hey, these Roman-Flavians, who uprooted messianic Judaism and replaced it with Christianity, these weren't a bunch of dopes.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It sounds like (and this is not an insult) you first decided to believe in a god, and then figured, and thunked and thinked him into what you wanted him to be. You've pretty much nailed him down to pure energy. I can go halfway with you on this, seeing as if everything were to disintegrate, energy would still exist. Plus, how many times over the centuries have wild imaginations inspired science into creating what could only have been dreamt of before? Planes, trains, automobiles, rockets... If god were taken out of the equation, it would sure look like WE are responsible for the creation of all the wonders within the universe. We think it, and it comes into existence. But, everything comes into existence without breaking any laws of nature or science. So here's the rub. Did god use magic to create the universe and life? If true magic were possible, it would break some or all of the laws that govern everything. This means that god could've waved his magic wand and had all the humans he wanted right there in heaven, rendering this earthly existence irrelevant. He could have made them smart, funny, original thinkers, righteous... Any and all types of people. Even evil people if he wanted. However, if god couldn't break the laws of nature, if he had to adhere to the strictest rules of science in order to create us, then he isn't a god. He's a scientist!
reply to post by jiggerj

Just got off work and wanted to reply to you before I begin reading my new book, I'm so excited! When I'm finished I will tell ya all about it too.

I don't see God as being pure energy, rather I see him as being the Universal Mind.

I've always been a believer and never have concluded what God was ( to me and for me) until I had enough knowledge to make up my own mind.

I don't conform to society real well and don't get me wrong, I'm not an introvert at all. My friends can tell ya, I'm just a sweet southern woman who still loves to act like a kid and lord knows I still look like one. Lol

By looking at me you would never know that I'm a true seeker of truth. I think deep all the time, it's just who I am.

Many years and hours and days have been spent educating myself on history of not only the Bible, but other spiritual texts as well.

I have a major love for science so I read and study that field as well. Where we have been and where we are going is truly fascinating to me.

I also love philosophy of all kinds, including but not limited to metaphysics.

Quantum mechanics is my new love!

Hell, I even study and research Heliophysics. Lol

When I read anything I couple it with what I think to be hard cold facts established by me and of course different theories that seem to hold water.

By not putting myself in a box, I'm open to all information. I'm open to all ideas and always ask to be guided by truth.

What I'm telling you is what I think I know in my heart to be true. Things have to add up and or makes sense to me.

The one thing I know for a fact is God is good all the time!!!

Eta: I also wanted to say that without the old testament we could not have had the new.

Everything happens becuase of free will to make choices and each jave their effect one way or another.

Humanity is at a tipping point right now and believe me when I tell you that better days are ahead. We first have to evolve spiritually before this can happen though. We are spiritual beings with souls who happen to inhabit a vessel we call a body.

The stories over the years in all religions tell a story. The story in each matter a great deal to the grand scheme of things.

The one man that claimed he was the son of god is also our brother and our teacher. He has given us his word that he is the way, the truth, and the life.

From the Word comes a sentence, then a story. Each expression that's conveyed to you each day all day long have been inspired either by light or by darkness. You choose which one you cater to. How does it balance out? Is one side too dark while the other is extremely lit up?
edit on 7-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Nothing is impossible for God so why would this be?

And then there's this from the NT.

Matthew 27: The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus’ resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Really? I mean, REALLY? And the mature religious adults with an IQ over 80 believe this happened? Come on now.
-------------------------------------

I forgive you for insulting me and asked God to forgive you as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightBreeze

Melchizedek is/ was same soul as that of Jesus!!

Also, here is a good read that may bring other issues to light for you.

du.academia.edu...

If you don't think scholars who are educated far more than you and I , have not a clue in regards the nt, you are mistaken.

Your arguments regarding Flavians and Jesus is " old" news.

Also to add to the edit, the Rothschild's are the bankers, right?

My argument and debate is....

IF

The Rockefeller / Illuminazi faction is a Jesuit creation to hinder and misuse the technological and scientific progress of humanity.??

Even so, there is no question that Jesus, my honey bunny is as real as you and me.

He loved and taught and was killed by these same people..... Don't be fooled!
edit on 7-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

God / Creator - Only Give's Grace...To Humble Hearts...HIS Essence is Hidden From The Proud.

Truly, You are a God who hides Himself, O God of Israel, Savior! Isaiah 45:15

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings. Proverbs 25:2

(ELOHIM IS NOT ON TRIAL...mankind IS.)

Luke 16:15 He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.

But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE." James 4:6

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Your arguments regarding Flavians and Jesus is " old" news.

The Breeze-Atwill expose' of the NT = Roman Conspiracy That Created Christianity is over a decade in development and publication.

If that = old, you're correct. If not...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchEverything777
reply to post by jiggerj

God / Creator - Only Give's Grace...To Humble Hearts...HIS Essence is Hidden From The Proud.

Truly, You are a God who hides Himself, O God of Israel, Savior! Isaiah 45:15

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings. Proverbs 25:2

Luke 16:15 He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.

But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE." James 4:6

You give great weight to the words of men written in the bible. We are here and now, and we are asking, "Where is our absentee father? Where is our father to tell all nations to put away their toys of war? Of hate? To rethink their wrong thinking?"

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Building on your trial analogy...

What sort of judge skulks around in the shadows, using mystique to invoke fear while simultaneously allowing the defendants to persecute one another with abandon? What sort of judge writes a book of rules so vague that not only is it almost impossible to get a clear answer, but the clear answers that are given cause more problems than solutions?

What kind of judge does this? If such a judge were to exist in my country, they would be thrown from their chair faster than they could object. And because "God" created us, supposedly, that makes him/her/it special? No. There is no justification. I don't care who's on trial...if you have shown yourself worthy to be prosecuted for action, or lack thereof, then by God (hehe) you should be!

If you created it, you don't have the right to it, but you DO have responsibility over it. If that creation does not choose you, you did something wrong, and it is up to you to fix it. After all, if you're omnipotent, it shouldn't pose a problem, correct?

Your understanding of all matters divine has more holes than Osama bin Laden.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You sure about that? You might wanna check out this thread before you make such evaluations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Flavius Constantinus (Constantine) (272-337) is wholly responsible for the New Testament we have today. Constantine, after his Father died, had suddenly became King over Gaul, Britain, and Spain, and was quite upset at all of the political/religious dissent and infighting, mostly over the many Gods and differing beliefs. In those times when one stated he was a Christian, it may mean he had belonged to one of many different sects. Christian historians give not so much as a hint of the fighting going on, and the trouble brewing for Constantine.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Back to topic...

The Luke genealogy faery tale. Have a chuckle.

As E. E Sanders wrote,

" According to Luke's own genealogy David had lived 42 generations before Joseph. Why should Joseph have had to register in the town of one of his ancestors 42 generations earlier? What was Augustus—the most rational of the Caesars—thinking?

The entirety of the Roman Empire would have been uprooted by such a decree. Besides, how would any given man know where to go? No one could trace his genealogy for 42 generations, but if he could, he would find that he had millions of ancestors (one million is passed at the twentieth generation).

Further, David doubtless had tens of thousands of descendants who were alive at the time. Could they all identify themselves? If so, how would they all register in a little village?"

nyuk.

You see, when you are creating Flavian fiction by Roman-Flavian authors who have only Roman interests at mind, you can write any BS you want...and fully expect the silly masses to follow blindly.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightBreeze

I am a veteran of Usenet when Usenet was raw and violent yet I never can remember one poster yanking the chain of so many so often and so hilariously.

Really.

I'm not exactly yanking chains as you say but the Christian deluded react like Muppets on crack
regardless of how, why or when you contest their beliefs. When there is a logical, historically reliable interpretation to the fantasy NT, aka Breeze-Atwill, one which is true to logic and driven by easily accessible Roman historicity, it's not my fault that they go bonkers.

The problem is that it is not logical OR historically reliable. Your version of events is a complete fantasy, and I have pointed out flaws in your theory and linked you to points which poke so many holes in it that it couldn't float in the Dead Sea.

I have stated previously in this thread that my issue isn't with the fact you don't believe Jesus existed. I already said that if you chalked it up to reasonable arguments (such as any writings about him didn't occur until after his death), We would have moved on by now.

The problem is that you continue to propagate complete nonsense as historical fact. It is not. It is Atwills own deluded conspiracy theory, and as pointed out, any serious historian would laugh you out of the room. The Caesars messiah theory is so full of logical fallacies it's laughable.

I have not contended against you here because I'm offended that you don't believe in a historical Jesus. I've contended against you because your version of events is such a gross misrepresentation of history that it's offensive to the intellect.
edit on 7-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

And even assuming that YOUR version of history is accurate, what you Christians have done with it is an even GREATER insult to intellect.

To think that you guys parade around with signs listing every kind of person who is f***ed in the afterlife...and here you talk about insults to intellect? Not to mention that your "God" has a laundry list of character defects that make Charlie Sheen look like Mother Theresa...

Please don't embarrass yourself. I'd really hate to see you discredited before your time.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join