It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupuy protesters block DNC buses.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Occupy protests the DNC

The Occupy movement has called Obama a traitor.How can one be a traitor when that person was never on your side to begin with? these kids have barely figured out that The President is a total creature of Wall Street and has always been.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Obama has never been on Occupy's side, only infiltrated by the Obama camp to make is seem that way. In fact, I'm actually glad OWS didn't totally take the bait!

Occupy - 1

Barrack - 0
edit on 4-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Have any pols taken into account Occupy folks, their numbers, influence and who they will be voting for?

Obama needs the "youth" vote, right? How many youths are pissed off at him for being a traitor?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Interesting...nothing like anger based on feeling betrayed....

Also, found this from the article linked, to be of interest.

Delegates and convention-goers who were forced to wait for buses to be rerouted expressed surprise that the Occupy presence has been stronger at the DNC than the Republican convention in Tampa last week. "I didn't see them at the Republican convention," said Wandra Ashley-Williams, vice president of the Maryland State Conference NAACP. "That's not good."

Des

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
if you read about occupy you would realise they support neither dem or repub,
the reason is they are both bought by the same big banks they were protesting.

under obama 0 convicted bankers,
under romney it will be exactly the same

xploder

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Have any pols taken into account Occupy folks, their numbers, influence and who they will be voting for?

Obama needs the "youth" vote, right? How many youths are pissed off at him for being a traitor?

Informed Occupiers should be voting Gary Johnson. Now, if the occupiers and Paul supporters can unite on this, then this could be a very strong year for the libertarian party.. (probably more support in a 3rd party candidate then we have ever seen) Just sayin!

edit on 4-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I've been saying this for years. Obama almost completely failed to live up to the hype, but those people who won't be voting for him won't be voting for Romney either.

I expect to see the lowest turnout in American history for this election. And I say that because there is no one for the sensible people to actually vote for.

Obama might scrape by because he's the lesser of two evils, but I suspect there will be millions more refusing to vote this time around, and then those same people will be making their voices heard at the state level instead.

When faith in the entire federal government and election process has failed to such a degree the only option people will have is to pressure their own state to leave the union. I think that's what's going to start happening after the elections.

Think about it - many millions of Americans are disillusioned with both parties. In the Republican states they'll be pissed if Obama gets another term (which I think it's safe to assume he will, but not with passionate support). In the Democrat states they'll be horrified if Romney gets in, especially after seeing their corruption in Michigan and at the RNC.

All this leads to more instability in the union. And lets not forget that several states made statements over the last four years reaffirming their right to leave the union too. Combine that with several states on the verge of becoming bankrupt, and some already there... it's creating a very unstable environment where leaving the union could be a genuinely appealing prospect for many.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Of course Occupy is at DNC, and was not at RNC. Romney hasn't been the President for the past four years. If the tables were turned and Romney was coming up on a second term, the RNC would have been protested.

There's been little hope and change from Obama, sure. But with an empty slogan like Romney's "Believe in America", you can't go wrong.

Has Romney made any promises to this country? If so, are they realistic?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by Destinyone

Of course Occupy is at DNC, and was not at RNC. Romney hasn't been the President for the past four years. If the tables were turned and Romney was coming up on a second term, the RNC would have been protested.

There's been little hope and change from Obama, sure. But with an empty slogan like Romney's "Believe in America", you can't go wrong.

Has Romney made any promises to this country? If so, are they realistic?

That is to be determined, after he is voted in as President...if that happens.

Des

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

How can one be a traitor when that person was never on your side to begin with? these kids have barely figured out that The President is a total creature of Wall Street and has always been.

One can be a traitor when they promised transparency and to root out corruption and then promptly goes about making the opposite true. Corruption is the biggest driving factor behind Occupy and we see it as the whole government is corrupt not just one side, in fact we see both sides as the same.

Barely figured out Obama is a creature of Wall St.? Protesting the government and most notably Obama has always been part of the movement, as I have been saying from the beginning.

Shame on the GOP for choosing rhetoric over opportunity. They had the perfect chance to call out the dems on the fact that they were losing thousands of 'leftists'. I guess it was more important to demonize us and keep our passion for truth and integrity from spreading.

How ironic would it be that this labeled "Obama re-election effort" (puke) does what the GOP couldn't and that is keep Obama from a second term. Of course that leaves the worst of two evils running the country unless Righties drop Romney and take a chance on Johnson.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah occupy didn't get baited like the Tea Party has. Good for them because the original tea party and occupy movements were not that dissimiliar.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Occupy taking solid action against the Democratic party? Stuff just got interesting.

Maybe they have more spine than I gave them credit for. I used to hope that with Occupy swinging from the left and the Tea Party hitting from the right, a viable third-party alternative might start to actually take place in the space between the two business-as-usual parties. I gave up that hope a while ago as it seemed both groups had been utterly co-opted, but maybe its time to dust it off and see if it flies.

top topics

join